Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Can I have a spot for Monday?

I think I've made enough changes to Chapter 1 to give it some of the direction and motivation that it was lacking before, but wasn't sure how to deal with submitting this week. 

I'd like to do some combination of Chapters 1 and 2 (for those who are understandably tired of chapter 1.  I know. I am too), but including all of both chapters would push it up near 6-6.5k words, and the first five pages are similar enough to the previous versions that I'm hesitant to make anyone read it again with critiquing in mind. It's trimmed and refocused, but probably not worth having people read too thoroughly a third time through.

My thought is to include the last two-thirds of Chapter 1 (a sort of Chapter 1- Part B) plus Chapter 2 to fit the 5k limit, but wasn't sure if that would be weird or confusing?  Or if it would make sense to include a "Fully optional, please don't read this if you don't want to read about birds and deities again"  file that just has that first third of chapter 1 in it in case anyone wants the extra clarification. 

As the people who will be doing the reading, does anyone have thoughts on what the most helpful/least confusing way to approach this would be?

On 1/29/2021 at 9:57 AM, C_Vallion said:

Can I have a spot for Monday?

I think I've made enough changes to Chapter 1 to give it some of the direction and motivation that it was lacking before, but wasn't sure how to deal with submitting this week. 

I'd like to do some combination of Chapters 1 and 2 (for those who are understandably tired of chapter 1.  I know. I am too), but including all of both chapters would push it up near 6-6.5k words, and the first five pages are similar enough to the previous versions that I'm hesitant to make anyone read it again with critiquing in mind. It's trimmed and refocused, but probably not worth having people read too thoroughly a third time through.

My thought is to include the last two-thirds of Chapter 1 (a sort of Chapter 1- Part B) plus Chapter 2 to fit the 5k limit, but wasn't sure if that would be weird or confusing?  Or if it would make sense to include a "Fully optional, please don't read this if you don't want to read about birds and deities again"  file that just has that first third of chapter 1 in it in case anyone wants the extra clarification. 

As the people who will be doing the reading, does anyone have thoughts on what the most helpful/least confusing way to approach this would be?

I have yet to read your sub from this past week (because i am a slacker) so you can send me the full revised chapter one if you want me to give you my thoughts!

1 hour ago, ginger_reckoning said:

Hey, sorry, but would it be alright if I had a sub for today? I know this is super late:wacko:

Quiet week so if you can get it out today I'd say good to go. And doesn't hurt to tag me for the last minute stuff, thanks @kais!