2,735 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, aeromancer said:

Now featuring 100% less dead witches

LOL :lol: 

Also, 'fewer dead witches' :P 

3 hours ago, Robinski said:

Also, 'fewer dead witches' :P 

14 hours ago, aeromancer said:

I'd just like to clarify my intentions here. It's not '100%-less dead-witches', as in there will be a lack of dead witches and that lack will be equally proportionate to the number of dead witches from the first submission; I mean '100%-less-dead witches' as in the witches that are present will be 100% less dead than the witches in the first submission. The difference between the two is mostly a matter of semantics, but I do think it's important to avoid miscommunication when at all possible.

No, I said what I meant and meant what I said.:D

2 hours ago, aeromancer said:

No, I said what I meant and meant what I said.:D

<sigh> It's certainly a lot clearer when I read your post properly :rolleyes:  I retract my misdirect remark.

Looks like @shatteredsmooth, @Snakenaps, and @aeromancer all wanted to go on June 8?

If I submit the next two chapters, that would round out the roster, so let me know of any problems. Ch 23 is currently 4020 words and Ch 24 is 6990, which comes up to about 11000. However, I've been consistently cutting words from each chapter, so here's hoping I'll get that under 10k and not add more...

After this, just the last chapter which is about 9100 words, and an epilogue of 3650 words.

Thanks so much for everyone helping out with speed reading/feedback on this!

Yup. I can take the week off no problem. Let’s get you finished, @Mandamon!

1 minute ago, kais said:

Yup. I can take the week off no problem. Let’s get you finished, @Mandamon!

Thanks!

@kais As I said in my post, I'm perfectly content waiting an extra week to submit, so if you have something urgent, but not quite as urgent as Mandamon, you can sub in place of me instead. If you're equally fine with either one of us submitting, I'll go ahead and submit.

I'd love to go this Monday if able. 

@Mandamon I should have the LBL's for your last chapters finished tomorrow, if not today. If you didn't get the email linking you to the Google Doc, shoot me a message. 

14 minutes ago, Snakenaps said:

If you didn't get the email linking you to the Google Doc, shoot me a message. 

I got it--thank you! I'll be looking at your comments as I revise for next week!

1 hour ago, Mandamon said:

Looks like @shatteredsmooth, @Snakenaps, and @aeromancer all wanted to go on June 8?

Yes, I would like to go June 8. If I take two weeks off in a row I might not start up again. Need to keep moving forward. 

3 hours ago, aeromancer said:

equally fine with either one of us submitting, I'll go ahead and submit.

Go for it, @aeromancer. My deadline is a ways out still and I've plenty of backlog work to do, still. I can take a week off.

Well, jumping in for the 15th, and here's the question:

The last chapter is (currently) 9100 words long, and the epilogue is (currently) 3650 words. I don't plan on adding or taking much of anything out. I've had a couple people already read ahead, so does anyone mind if I just take two slots and submit the whole 12k? Then I'll be out of everyone's hair after this week and will free up a couple slots for other subbing books.

Thanks to all for putting up with me!

1 minute ago, Mandamon said:

I've had a couple people already read ahead, so does anyone mind if I just take two slots and submit the whole 12k?

That is fine with me.

I should have a chapter ready for Monday as well, if there is room. I think it's going to be about 4,000 words. 

I'd like a slot too, please. I've redone the prologue and am currently rejigging the first chapter.

@Mandamon The end! The end! It has come!

I'm going to skip this week. There is a high chance I'm not going to be able to get everyone's critiques done this week, or next week. If I can't critique, I'm not submitting. 

Posted (edited)

On 6/12/2020 at 6:03 AM, Mandamon said:

Well, jumping in for the 15th, and here's the question:

The last chapter is (currently) 9100 words long, and the epilogue is (currently) 3650 words. I don't plan on adding or taking much of anything out. I've had a couple people already read ahead, so does anyone mind if I just take two slots and submit the whole 12k? Then I'll be out of everyone's hair after this week and will free up a couple slots for other subbing books.

Thanks to all for putting up with me!

Crap and I'm only like 4 chapters in :(

So we have @Mandamon for two slots (well, slightly more than two slots, I guess), @shatteredsmooth and @TheDwarfyOne for tomorrow. Anyone want the last one?

Edited by Silk

45 minutes ago, Silk said:

So we have @Mandamon for two slots (well, slightly more than two slots, I guess), @shatteredsmooth and @TheDwarfyOne for tomorrow. Anyone want the last one?

I think @kais requested a spot from last week, so that would fill it out.

5 minutes ago, Mandamon said:

I think @kais requested a spot from last week, so that would fill it out.

Thanks for catching that! Please consider the roster full unless @kais confirms otherwise, folks.

Definitely in for this upcoming week.

And apologies in advance on crits. I'm back on deadline so I'm falling behind. But I WILL catch up...after I get this new book to my agent.

Posted (edited)

I'd like to submit on Monday June 22, if there is room. 

Chapter 8 is more or less ready to go, but its about 5700 words right now. I'm going to try to trim as much as I can over the weekend, but if I can't get it down to 5,000, can I still submit the whole thing?

Edited by shatteredsmooth

5 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

I'd like to submit on Monday June 22, if there is room. 

Chapter 8 is more or less ready to go, but its about 5700 words right now. I'm going to try to trim as much as I can over the weekend, but if I can't get it down to 5,000, can I still submit the whole thing?

Fine by me.

Also up for the 22nd, and if there are two slots available I’d love to snag another, as it will be my last week subbing before this goes to my agent

12 hours ago, shatteredsmooth said:

but if I can't get it down to 5,000, can I still submit the whole thing?

Also fine with me, as is two chapters from @kais

Also, I'd just like to say I'm NOT submitting this week, for the first time since December 2019!

I'll pass again. I'm hoping I'll be settled enough to catch up on critiques and begin submitting again on June 29th or July 6th.