Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

I had a book release this week and haven't even gotten to revisions yet from this last one with all the promo stuff. So while I'd like to sub this week, I'm fine passing, too.

I'm just going to drop out this week and submit on June 8 instead of June 1. 

I still need to look over my chapter 1 more time before I send it, but I'm rewriting my last couple of chapters to account for changes I made earlier. I'd rather just finish this past on the last chapters before I do my final pass on 6 before submitting. 

1 hour ago, Robinski said:

Woop, woop - congratulations! :)  Non-fiction?

Yup! My primer on wood in the home! fancy hardback binding and great photos. Schiffer always does a great job with full color nonfiction books! If anyone is curious, the book is here.

You're all so accommodating that I'm having trouble keeping track of who's volunteering to bow out in favour of whom! Thanks, everyone. Let's go with:

@Sarah B, @TheDwarfyOne, @Mandamon (for two slots, in consideration of the deadline) and @kais.

@shatteredsmooth and @Snakenaps, I saw you two speak up first about potentially bowing out this week so I'll take you up on that and put you on for next week (if you still want it). That good?

If there's a slot available next Monday, I'd like to submit. If there isn't one, or if there's a crowd, I'm fine backing out - I'm not in any particular rush for this submission.

If anyone's curious, this is going to be another short story, featuring Tempter (and his human sidekick Z that no one cares about). The first story is being rewritten, but since abut 80% of the edits are focused towards the back end of the draft, I didn't feel like resubmitting basically the same first two parts, and only then springing out the rewritten third part. Similarly, just submitting the rewritten third part would have it's own problem. On the other hand, a new story will have three fresh new sections, all ripe for feedback, in my opinion, a much better value. (That said, I do estimate there's a ~10% chance that it'll never reach the third submissions for, shall we say, reasons.*) Now featuring 100% less dead witches, very minor mystery elements, and some heavy and dark themes deserved of the low fantasy setting.

*It's not something that I'm trying to make happen, but seeing as I want to try working in dark themes, if the general consensus of the community is that I'm doing it badly, then it's back to the drawing board.

5 hours ago, kais said:
6 hours ago, aeromancer said:

Now featuring 100% less dead witches,

This made me giggle.

I'd just like to clarify my intentions here. It's not '100%-less dead-witches', as in there will be a lack of dead witches and that lack will be equally proportionate to the number of dead witches from the first submission; I mean '100%-less-dead witches' as in the witches that are present will be 100% less dead than the witches in the first submission. The difference between the two is mostly a matter of semantics, but I do think it's important to avoid miscommunication when at all possible.

3 hours ago, Robinski said:

Also, 'fewer dead witches' :P 

14 hours ago, aeromancer said:

I'd just like to clarify my intentions here. It's not '100%-less dead-witches', as in there will be a lack of dead witches and that lack will be equally proportionate to the number of dead witches from the first submission; I mean '100%-less-dead witches' as in the witches that are present will be 100% less dead than the witches in the first submission. The difference between the two is mostly a matter of semantics, but I do think it's important to avoid miscommunication when at all possible.

No, I said what I meant and meant what I said.:D

Looks like @shatteredsmooth, @Snakenaps, and @aeromancer all wanted to go on June 8?

If I submit the next two chapters, that would round out the roster, so let me know of any problems. Ch 23 is currently 4020 words and Ch 24 is 6990, which comes up to about 11000. However, I've been consistently cutting words from each chapter, so here's hoping I'll get that under 10k and not add more...

After this, just the last chapter which is about 9100 words, and an epilogue of 3650 words.

Thanks so much for everyone helping out with speed reading/feedback on this!

@kais As I said in my post, I'm perfectly content waiting an extra week to submit, so if you have something urgent, but not quite as urgent as Mandamon, you can sub in place of me instead. If you're equally fine with either one of us submitting, I'll go ahead and submit.

3 hours ago, aeromancer said:

equally fine with either one of us submitting, I'll go ahead and submit.

Go for it, @aeromancer. My deadline is a ways out still and I've plenty of backlog work to do, still. I can take a week off.

Well, jumping in for the 15th, and here's the question:

The last chapter is (currently) 9100 words long, and the epilogue is (currently) 3650 words. I don't plan on adding or taking much of anything out. I've had a couple people already read ahead, so does anyone mind if I just take two slots and submit the whole 12k? Then I'll be out of everyone's hair after this week and will free up a couple slots for other subbing books.

Thanks to all for putting up with me!