Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

2,735 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Mandamon said:

That said, do people object to me subbing 7k? Or do I need to divide it up?

I'm fine with it because I'm into the story.

And I haven't decided if I am resubmitting all of chapter 1 or just the  section I added (about 1600 words). It will depend on what condition everything is in on Sunday night and what the total word count for the chapter turns out to be.  If I don't submit the whole thing, it will kind of be like we are splitting a spot. 

Edited by shatteredsmooth

I'd like to submit Ch. 2 on Monday May 4 if that is okay. 

I'd also like to submit on the 2nd. 

Oof. Just looked and the next two chapters are both 6k apiece. I guess that will need to be one a week for the next couple weeks then.

@Mandamon I can't speak for everyone but I'm fine if you do two 6K subs if there are two slots open.

I'd also like a Monday slot pending space

12 hours ago, kais said:

@Mandamon I can't speak for everyone but I'm fine if you do two 6K subs if there are two slots open.

Thanks @kais

Are others okay with this? I'll wait until Sunday and see how many we have for next week.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:36 PM, kais said:

I'd also like a Monday slot pending space

@Mandamon I'm fine with it. From a time standpoint, there is no difference for me if there is two of your chapters or one of your chapters and one of some else's. 

However, sorry, I'm going to lower your chances because I would like a slot for May 4th, please. 

Tentatively looks like there are only four of us for tomorrow, so I'm going to assume I can sub two chapters unless someone jumps in at the last minute?

I think I would like a spot for this upcoming Monday, please. 

I'd also like a spot for Monday if there is room. 

I'd like a spot for Monday, if there is room. If not, no worries.

Hm, well, I guess I'll throw my name in too. We'll see how many people ask for spots. For reference, the next two chapters are 4200 and 3300 words.

Up for the next week as well, please.

Posted (edited)

Chapter 4 is in a readable state and an acceptable length. Could I have a spot for Monday May 18, please?

I know Ch. 3 needs a lot of work, but I plan to keep the structure the same, so I think it's best if I don't resub it and just keep moving forward.

Also would like a spot for Monday the 18th!

The next two chapters are right now about 5300 and 4600 words, so right up there at the limit. I'll see who all is submitting this week as to if I can fit in two subs.

May I have a slot for Monday, May 18th if there is one available, please?

Also up for Monday the 18th pending space

Posted (edited)

I'll throw my name in for Monday May 25 if there is space. 

Also in for the 25th. (Currently) Chapter 19 is 5370 words and Chapter 20 is 4520 so right at 10k again. If I end up getting in 2 chapters a week, I should finish up on the week of June 15th!

Up for next Monday as well

May I please have a slot for Monday, May 25th as well?

I'm not sure if this is permissible or not but I would like to submit a writing exercise from the WE podcast. The exercise was to write a first chapter for a hypothetical book while trying to suggest the kind of book it will/would be. Then the assignment was to ask Alpha readers what they would expect from the book based on the chapter.  

I re-read the guidelines and didn't see writing exercises mentioned either way so I thought I would ask. 

If not, no worries!

If so, June 1st or later is fine. I'm in no hurry :-)

3 hours ago, Sarah B said:

I'm not sure if this is permissible or not but I would like to submit a writing exercise from the WE podcast. The exercise was to write a first chapter for a hypothetical book while trying to suggest the kind of book it will/would be. Then the assignment was to ask Alpha readers what they would expect from the book based on the chapter.  

I re-read the guidelines and didn't see writing exercises mentioned either way so I thought I would ask. 

If not, no worries!

If so, June 1st or later is fine. I'm in no hurry :-)

A chapter is a chapter, IMO, doesn't matter where it comes from, or the background to it. One of the novels I put through here a couple of years back came out of a writing prompt from WE, which was to write the same dead drop scene with three different characters. From the exercise came the first Q and M novel, TMM. I used the same characters to write the various prompts from WE Season 10, the first 17 episode/prompts, in fact, before going on from there to write the novel.

So, yes, please do submit. I look forward to reading it :)