Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

2,790 posts in this topic

On 04/02/2020 at 10:24 PM, Robinski said:

Mr. Fox! Good to hear from you.

As a father, I would say no, not indecent at all. Go for it > 1 vote.

Thank you, sir! 

Much appreciated. 

I'll go ahead and put my name in for next week.

Me too as well, please.

Quandary: I've re-written the ending of Chapter 19 (25), but I really don'y want to submit it a third time, that is unfair, and the first bit (up to where they leave D's house) is unchanged. They end up in the same place, subduing the agents, and with the same last line, so I feel I can push off from that point with Chp 1A (26) just as easily.

Any opinions about what you would like to read next (A) 1,600 re-written words of that blinking Chp19 again, or Chp 20?

9 hours ago, Robinski said:

Any opinions about what you would like to read next (A) 1,600 re-written words of that blinking Chp19 again, or Chp 20?

I'm fine with a summary, if you want to submit some new stuff.

Also, a question/warning from me: I'm submitting half this chapter for next week, but the best place to break it is around 6000 words. Is that ok?

(I'll submit the other 3000 (!) next week)

I have no problem critiquing 6k words, and thanks for the feedback, @Mandamon.

Edited by Robinski

20 hours ago, Robinski said:

I'd rather get to new stuff. You could always just include a little summary of how the last part changed. 

11 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Also, a question/warning from me: I'm submitting half this chapter for next week, but the best place to break it is around 6000 words. Is that ok?

(I'll submit the other 3000 (!) next week)

That's fine with me. With the following week being shorter, the two subs will end up averaging out to the right lengths. And I get so caught up in your subs that I probably wouldn't even notice the extra words. 

Putting my name in for next week to finish off this chapter. I may drop back the week after and resubmit an edited first chapter, if I get it done by then.

Just @Mandamon so far for this week? Any other takers?

I'd like to submit, but it's very unlikely to be Monday, or even Tuesday, I'm afraid :unsure: 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:39 PM, Robinski said:

I don't mind rereading things at all, so I'd say yeah, submit again. It makes future crits more accurate, too

On 23/02/2020 at 9:45 PM, Robinski said:

I'd like to submit, but it's very unlikely to be Monday, or even Tuesday, I'm afraid :unsure: 

I'm still not done editing the chapter. I'll wait till next Monday.

On for next week, and this time it will be a resubmit of chapter 1! Hopefully with better everything! I think I may just be resubbing most or all of the chapters from the beginning, as I rewrite, depending on if there are large changes (which there probably will be, from comments so far.)

I will definitely have the next chapter ready for Monday, so would like a slot, please :) 

I'm almost done with another short story, so I'd like a Monday slot. 

Mandamelon? Sounds like a delicious new fruit. 

Oops, that would be @Mandamon.

@Mandamelon, please disregard! ;) 

Just to be clear, i need to post here if i want to be part of this the next grouping of submissions and then i'll get 3/4 other people's work in my inbox to read and then i find the post they made and comment on it?

if I got that right i would like in on next mondays grouping

1 hour ago, killersquid said:

Just to be clear, i need to post here if i want to be part of this the next grouping of submissions and then i'll get 3/4 other people's work in my inbox to read and then i find the post they made and comment on it?

if I got that right i would like in on next mondays grouping

Hello and welcome! Please message privately either @Robinski or @Silk to be added to the critiquing mailing list, which is what you need to be subscribed to in order to receive works for critique. Also have a look at our submission guidelines here: Welcome to Reading Excuses post, which is also stickied at the top of the forum, and contains both the submitting and critiquing guidelines.  

I'd also like a spot for 03/09 for Chapter 2 v2.

I've been reading most of the day,  i believe i want to be part of this Mondays list too, but if you need to drop someone, drop me first

I'd like to submit next week please, although I have a lot to do to get there!