Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

On for next week, and this time it will be a resubmit of chapter 1! Hopefully with better everything! I think I may just be resubbing most or all of the chapters from the beginning, as I rewrite, depending on if there are large changes (which there probably will be, from comments so far.)

Just to be clear, i need to post here if i want to be part of this the next grouping of submissions and then i'll get 3/4 other people's work in my inbox to read and then i find the post they made and comment on it?

if I got that right i would like in on next mondays grouping

1 hour ago, killersquid said:

Just to be clear, i need to post here if i want to be part of this the next grouping of submissions and then i'll get 3/4 other people's work in my inbox to read and then i find the post they made and comment on it?

if I got that right i would like in on next mondays grouping

Hello and welcome! Please message privately either @Robinski or @Silk to be added to the critiquing mailing list, which is what you need to be subscribed to in order to receive works for critique. Also have a look at our submission guidelines here: Welcome to Reading Excuses post, which is also stickied at the top of the forum, and contains both the submitting and critiquing guidelines.  

Putting my name in for 03/16 with a new and improved chapter 3.

Edit: evidently this chapter got bigger than I thought! It's 5500 words, if that's ok with everyone. I really like the new stuff in it, though!

Edited by Mandamon

22 minutes ago, killersquid said:

I'm not entirely sure how this works, but even if i don't submit (wether or not I want to depends on how much time i can spend on writing tomorrow) I'll still get sent the things the others have written to critique them, yes?

The long-standing members of the group tend to critique everything. That's our choice. You absolutely do not need to give critiques if you're not seeking one in return. If you want to have one or two in the bank, that's cool. We don't keep score :)  On the other hand, if you're enjoying something and just want to read to see what happens next, go ahead. We're pretty relaxed about these things. The only time we get a bit shirty is if someone is subbing and not giving the critiques that they should. It happens very occasionally, but you'll never find the bodies :ph34r: 

(You know I'm joking, right?)

p.s. So, yes, to answer your actual question, everyone still receives everything. The sub system is not that sophisticated.

Edited by Robinski