Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Hello friends. How are you all? Hope everyone's writing has been going well. 

Feels a bit cheeky dropping in without having posted anything or given feedback in a long while. I'm claiming fatherhood for my extended absence. Harder to find time now, but the writing is still happening.

Would it be indecent of me to throw a short story out for feedback next week?

8 hours ago, Majestic Fox said:

Hello friends. How are you all? Hope everyone's writing has been going well. 

Feels a bit cheeky dropping in without having posted anything or given feedback in a long while. I'm claiming fatherhood for my extended absence. Harder to find time now, but the writing is still happening.

Would it be indecent of me to throw a short story out for feedback next week?

Mr. Fox! Good to hear from you.

As a father, I would say no, not indecent at all. Go for it > 1 vote.

Quandary: I've re-written the ending of Chapter 19 (25), but I really don'y want to submit it a third time, that is unfair, and the first bit (up to where they leave D's house) is unchanged. They end up in the same place, subduing the agents, and with the same last line, so I feel I can push off from that point with Chp 1A (26) just as easily.

Any opinions about what you would like to read next (A) 1,600 re-written words of that blinking Chp19 again, or Chp 20?

9 hours ago, Robinski said:

Any opinions about what you would like to read next (A) 1,600 re-written words of that blinking Chp19 again, or Chp 20?

I'm fine with a summary, if you want to submit some new stuff.

Also, a question/warning from me: I'm submitting half this chapter for next week, but the best place to break it is around 6000 words. Is that ok?

(I'll submit the other 3000 (!) next week)

20 hours ago, Robinski said:

I'd rather get to new stuff. You could always just include a little summary of how the last part changed. 

11 hours ago, Mandamon said:

Also, a question/warning from me: I'm submitting half this chapter for next week, but the best place to break it is around 6000 words. Is that ok?

(I'll submit the other 3000 (!) next week)

That's fine with me. With the following week being shorter, the two subs will end up averaging out to the right lengths. And I get so caught up in your subs that I probably wouldn't even notice the extra words. 

On 2/14/2020 at 11:39 PM, Robinski said:

I don't mind rereading things at all, so I'd say yeah, submit again. It makes future crits more accurate, too