Silk

Email List and Submission Dates

2,495 posts in this topic

:unsure: Err, I guess I'll put my hand up for next Monday, too , please. I have a long way to go with this thing.

Posted (edited)

Oh dear—I seem to have started something... 

16 hours ago, Robinski said:

:o:o:o

Awesome!

You didn’t think I’d forgotten, did you? Offer’s on the table now—you’re not getting out of this one that easily...

Edit: I am working to catch up on everybody's stuff. Bear with me, though, as it'll take some time.

Edited by Silk

9 hours ago, Silk said:

You didn’t think I’d forgotten, did you? Offer’s on the table now—you’re not getting out of this one that easily...

So this is the songs, right?

9 minutes ago, Robinski said:

So this is the songs, right?

One of them, yes. (Which you, in fact, have already heard!) Still may or may not submit the in-progress one that I’ve been moaning about. Just need to convince myself that submitting what little I have will actually be useful. But there’ll be one for sure.

Considering how far off the beaten path this submission is going to be for most of you (it will be a first for me too, I’ve never tried submitting songs to any sort of critique group before—mostly I just play them in public and hope nobody throws fruit) one may be enough! ;) 

12 minutes ago, Silk said:

mostly I just play them in public and hope nobody throws fruit

:lol:  When life gives you lemons... No, no--I'm just joking, that was too good to pass up. Mrs. Robinski and I thoroughly enjoyed your concert at WorldCon, and I think the rest of the audience did too. I've had three or four of those songs pop into my head in the week since. (OMG, is it only a week since the RECon-ers shared that meal? :( )

(Why is there no single-tear-rolling-down-cheek-for-absent-friends emoji?)

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Robinski said:

:lol:  When life gives you lemons...

Keep playing, and hope they aren’t fermented! 

Especially after three weeks in Ireland, where I think I’ve had all the fermented things I can handle... 

Edit: just to recap before my life is swallowed by transatlantic flight for the next day or so, we currently have @shatteredsmooth, @Robinski, and me up for next Monday. Only two slots left already!

Edited by Silk

I’ll take a spot if there’s one but go ahead and give others priority :)

Up for the next Monday

Me too, please!

Me three! I think. Ch. 11 is a gigantic mess, but I should have it readable by Monday. 

I'll take a spot! I'm hoping to have last week's submission revised and the chapter finished by tonight.

Alright, so we're four for this week! One last slot if anyone wants it!

I'd like a slot for Monday the 16th, please. I'm so close to the end of this book! I'm struggling to make the second half of 11 make sense, but if I don't have it good shape by Monday, I don't think it's going to improve without help. I will probably also send the chapter that follows it, because 12 is on the shorter side. 

Me for tomorrow too, please.