The Game and its losers.

Ink

3 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

You mean CBST cast? :lol:

Well yeah, but it was originally TLT. Plus I just got done reading about Jacob’s battle with the witherlord. Which I think is from CBST. But it’s in TLT. Honestly I’m a bit confused as to which characters:P belong in which threads

Ooooh.

That game.

I lost it years ago.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:11 PM, Retrac said:

What is a channelblade? I get the feeling its a unique shardblade.

A Channelblade is the sword of a Channelknight. It possesses similar functions to that of a Shardblade (it can be summoned, and is possessed by the Channelknights by the process of making an oath), but doesn't possess the ability to cut through anything or sever something's soul. It can, however, harm a god, which is cool, and grants its user the ability to heal from minor wounds so as said wounds aren't a result of another Channelblade or a god's weapon. It isn't canon to the cosmere (or related to the cosmere at all).

Being an author has provided me some liberties of worldbuilding, in case you can't tell.

It's really hard to come up with an original idea nowadays, @AonEne. I came up with the oath-sword thing before I ever read the Stormlight Archive, then went through it and realized just how much "original" stuff I had that was totally not original. I mean, I have a rift in spacetime called the "Parallarity" that transports people between the six worlds of the Iconar Collective. Try and picture my jaw dropping as I realized a Perpendicularity was a thing!

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Well yeah, but it was originally TLT. Plus I just got done reading about Jacob’s battle with the witherlord. Which I think is from CBST. But it’s in TLT. Honestly I’m a bit confused as to which characters:P belong in which threads

I can explain. 

So, there are two universes. Universe S(tar) and Universe Prime. Universe S is completely on CBST. Universe Prime, however, is half on CBST and half on TLT. Actually, things that happen in Universe Prime are bolded on CBST to differentiate between the Universes. Anyway, the reason why part of it takes place on CBST is because Tom's ship (where CBST takes place) is apart from the randomness. His ship is technically in the TLT thread, but because those characters are interacting with the Universe S characters, they have to be on the other thread. Does that make a bit more sense? I can also explain the differences between the universes if you'd like. 

54 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

I came up with the oath-sword thing before I ever read the Stormlight Archive, then went through it and realized just how much "original" stuff I had that was totally not original. 

Ah, I see. Fair enough, I’ve had that happen too. 

35 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

I can explain. 

So, there are two universes. Universe S(tar) and Universe Prime. Universe S is completely on CBST. Universe Prime, however, is half on CBST and half on TLT. Actually, things that happen in Universe Prime are bolded on CBST to differentiate between the Universes. Anyway, the reason why part of it takes place on CBST is because Tom's ship (where CBST takes place) is apart from the randomness. His ship is technically in the TLT thread, but because those characters are interacting with the Universe S characters, they have to be on the other thread. Does that make a bit more sense? I can also explain the differences between the universes if you'd like. 

Ahh, that clears the water. And yeah, totally explain!