Correction to the Steel Alphabet

Argent

I am in a group chat with Peter and a bunch of other people, and he mentioned an inaccuracy on what I assume is this page. He said I could update the Coppermind with this information, but I am garbage at Coppermind stuff, so I'll leave this for someone else to take care of:

chrome_2018-09-30_19-31-36.png.048691b610fa156d9488b8e05f44480d.pngchrome_2018-09-30_19-33-02.png.854aec1a614adb07761f6732aa842bd8.pngchrome_2018-09-30_19-33-34.png.87a89a7893b6bf2c272dda8880e125a4.png

Or, in text form:

That wiki article on the evolution of the Scadrial alphabet isn’t really accurate in the last column. The alphabet used in Alloy of Law is just a different font of the same alphabet as used in the Final Empire. It’s not an actual change in the letters. And the current plan is to see more fonts in Era 3.

Multiple fonts are in use by Era 2, with differences similar to the fonts used in English on the broadsheets

You’re right, it’s essentially a Times serif font.
Though, not exactly Times, I should say. The serifs are inspired by nail heads rather than spike heads.

As long as someone's updating this page, there were a couple of brand-new Steel Alphabet vowel symbols revealed with the rings. http://badalijewelry.com/mistborn/mistborn-rings/steel-alphabet-ring.html

Pagerunner

Any in-world significance to the new symbols for E and U [on the Badali Mistborn rings]? (Tin/Pewter with dots moved) Or is that just creative liberty to give each English letter a unique symbol for the jewelry?

Isaac Stewart

From the beginning, I built the symbols to also be an alphabet. Moving the dot to create a different vowels sound is something I borrowed from baybayin: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1b/9c/6f/1b9c6f22fce5589c1d3dfc62bfc1d4b2.jpg … Also planned from the beginning over ten years ago. The rings are the first chance to use it. :)

source