What did you do today?

urrutiap

3 hours ago, whattheHoid said:

What is a Shopko? Also neat!!

A furniture store iirc.

45 minutes ago, I am a STICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said:

FORTNITE DOODOO! Was a common expression at my friend’s party 

Yeah, I’m not really that into it. I can see the appeal though.

I spent 4 hours making a pattern and then cutting the cloth for a Cosplay. Now I'm sewing the parts together. I think it will take me the next month to finish it and I just remembered how much I dislike sewing 100% correct Cosplays. I prefer to make costumes/ cloths of my own design, or at least be able to add some elements of my own and still keep it recognizable/ within the borders of what I am trying to display.

We need it for LARP (live action role play) for a friend because her character is based on a pen and paper setting and now we need and NPC that is part of a certain order for her to interact with, so that she can really play her character development and not have it happen behind the screens.

4 hours ago, whattheHoid said:

Ooh!! I haaate sewing, but love the results! You have to post pictures when it is done!!!!! I bet it's gonna be great!!

Sure, no problem. I actually spend a lot time sewing. I started maybe ten years ago and simply tried it out. Everything I can do I taught me myself. I often sew for LARP and for myself of course as well. Be it for work, or for freetime, or sometime for friends. So if you're interested I could make some pictures of that as well. If not, that's fine ;)

Edited by Sorana

@whattheHoid Here you are :) I sorted them a bit and put the pictures behind spoilers to shorten the post. It's not everything of course, just the things I could grab easily. If you need some advice to help you with your projects, just tell me =)

Dress

Spoiler

5be073483eb0e_dress01.jpg.04ae4d58e6fd837cfa715bf39176143b.jpg

5be07349a8c3c_dress02.jpg.68036815846012546205a691ea5bdf31.jpg

Another dress

Spoiler

dress_white.jpg.16dd2cce40e8e57ddb7cbba30c49caae.jpg

A skirt

Spoiler

skirt.thumb.jpg.04ab2261192b92377216763efdc2336e.jpg

A jacket for my husband, for a medieval wedding we attended (out of the wardrobe, so not that perfectly ironed...)

Spoiler

5be0734e881dd_jacket01.jpg.52109b6eb7e2f4389b08703bd702b1b9.jpg

Two Jackets of my LARP character Sorana (her colours are darkblue-white), for winter of course (the pelt is an artificial one)

Spoiler

jacket_sorana_01.jpg.3620cd36dd0716e3a0f0b0428caad23d.jpg

jacket_sorana.jpg.8b2589c1cb976e07c7e2b32d00fa585c.jpg

Some embroidery for a cushion for a friend of mine

Spoiler

embroidery.jpg.df622e25f80fe7689378fb76dad1b0f9.jpg

And a pen and paper character of a friend of mine

Spoiler

5be073556932b_puppet01.thumb.jpg.18a753de4762e9dc3bde0787dc46340b.jpg

Edited by Sorana

Dang girl! You're real good! I would give you an upvotes, but I used them all up looking at Brandon and Cosmere memes! I may ask you for advice, I'm stuck hand sewing as the manual that came with my machine is badly translated and assumed you already knew how to sew! Oops.

2 minutes ago, whattheHoid said:

Dang girl! You're real good! I would give you an upvotes, but I used them all up looking at Brandon and Cosmere memes! I may ask you for advice, I'm stuck hand sewing as the manual that came with my machine is badly translated and assumed you already knew how to sew! Oops.

Thank you!

Sewing completly by hand is exhausting. For some seams you need it, but everything by hand is hard. What kind of a machine do you have?

• 3 weeks later...

Today I kinda decided to drop in here again after being absent from the forums for three and a half years. :lol:

(I'm rereading The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance before I start with Oathbringer so I can actually remember what happened in book one and two, so I figured this'd be a good time to reactivate my account.)

Edited by Winds Alight

On 27.11.2018 at 8:17 PM, Ooklas_Unbounded! said:

@Winds Alight have you ever read Oathbringer? Cause if you haven't you're in for a wild ride! :P

I haven't! I only bought it last week and I contemplated reading it straightaway, but I realized I'd forgotten too much from books one and two. I'm HYPE for Oathbringer tho, just started reading Words of Radiance yesterday and hope to get through with it in the next two weeks.
I'm also a little scared of Oathbringer :D

Edited by Winds Alight

On 11/27/2018 at 3:39 AM, Winds Alight said:

Today I kinda decided to drop in here again after being absent from the forums for three and a half years. :lol:

(I'm rereading The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance before I start with Oathbringer so I can actually remember what happened in book one and two, so I figured this'd be a good time to reactivate my account.)

Welcome back, Ancient One!

I got my eyes dilated for the first time today.  The nurse doing it was very nice, except that he forgot to mention that it causes things to be very blurry temporarily.  So after getting eye drops and looking at some funky lights, I sit down in a chair "to wait for the doctor." I pick up a newspaper and my heart stops as I can't make out a single word.  So calmed down after finding out its normal.  But the temporary shock and worry hit me really hard.

Well I went down to Waco to Magnolia Table right after it opened and there was no wait. Last time I tried coming it was a 5 hour wait. Breakfast was good, mine having wheat berry toast, scrambled eggs, avocado, heirloom tomatoes and green while my mom have a more traditional breakfast. I put the tomato and avocado on the bread and it was so good! The greens, it was a salad really to be honest, were fresh and had an apple cider vinegarette on it.

Then I went down to Round Rock to do some Christmas shopping for my sister. Also got some stuff for pirate night on the Disney Cruise in a couple weeks.

Finally I picked up my new glasses. Want to get adjusted before Christmas.

15 hours ago, Ooklas_Unbounded! said:

Oh.....did you get a lot of ice so it looks super neat?

Just enough to freeze the street over. If this winter is like the last few years, it won't get really cold until January. Until then some snow, some ice, but also a lot of rain and a grey sky...

I'm definitly more of a summer person.