What did you do today?

urrutiap

I did something great earlier all day today I treated myself to a nice late lunch hours ago downtown at the diner.  Had myself a bacon cheeseburger along with cheeseballs( some people call them cheese curds)

then I went to the pawn shop and bought 3 movies for DVD

X Men. the old plain DVD. Im keeping it to combine with the X Men 1.5 later on

Silent HIll. the first movie. 

United 93. Saw it years ago and loved it. But the ending gets a bit sad, intense and depressing due to the passengers fates

Not too much as I am getting over a cold. Taking care of my toddler. Teaching her the piano and looking at World Maps while jumping  like Tigger. We currently are watching Winnie the Pooh Counting film and then off to eat some dinner. Then off to finish Legion as I have just finished La Belle Sauvage, which was excellent, btw.

On 04/10/2018 at 2:46 AM, Niteshado said:

I am on day 7 of 8 of work in a row. currently at 86 hours. 

Oof. What do you do for a job? (If you don't mind me asking)

I'm in my last 2 weeks before uni exams, so I worked on a group assignment and wrote out a lot of notes.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:27 AM, Caesura said:

Oof. What do you do for a job? (If you don't mind me asking)

I am a Correctional Officer. I just recently was accepted into a new post that works 4 10h days monday-thursday. Only problem was i had to finish my shift out as well for the week. So i was off on wednesday. I worked monday and tuesday, then thursday-thursday. but now i only work the 4 10s

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who knows me is aware that I am really keen on salsa. Tonight me and my wife tried something a little different; a pineapple salsa. I think it turned out really well. I made some changes to the original recipe, but I think they were for the better. I halved the peppers it called for and made a milder substitution, but I think it still had a nice kick. Anyways I will share the changes I made and post a link to the original.
Ingredients

Fruit from one pineapple chopped
6 tomatillos
2 Serrano peppers
2 jalapeno peppers
6 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
Juice from 2 limes
2 teaspoon olive oil
1TBS of Salt

Instructions

Preheat oven to broil.

Slice tomatillos in half and set them onto a lightly oiled baking sheet.

Remove stems from serranos and jalapenos and slice in half lengthwise. Set them onto the baking sheet.

Broil not too close to the heat source for 15 minutes.

Remove from heat and allow to cool.

Heat a sauté pan to medium heat. Add olive oil and pineapple.

Sauté for about 12 minutes or until pineapple is brown. I personally just gave up after 15 minutes

Transfer to a food processor or Ninja Blender

Peal skins from tomatillos and add to a food processor. The skins should be loosened after the broil. If not broil for longer. Just squeeze out the juice from the skin.

Add Serranos, lime juice, cilantro and salt to blend. Process until smooth.

Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate or freeze until cool.

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-recipes/salsas/roasted-pineapple-habanero-salsa/

48 minutes ago, whattheHoid said:

@Sorana, I was going to sqy, that sounds like a relaxing weekend, but it sounds as if you got sick. :unsure::wacko: Boo, being sick is no fun, even if you get to read books all day. I hope you feel better soon, sule.

Thank you. I really hope that, too. :(

Edited by Sorana

October I pretty much bought bunch of horror movies from the pawn shop and bought the old Anchor Bay DVD anniversary of Re Animator off of amazon. 

Today I went to Shopko and bought the Stephen and Owen King novel Sleeping Beauties and even used a 5 dollars off coupon.   I also went to a Family Dollar and bought a nice pair of cobalt blue headpones for just 5 dollars