Favorite WOB's

Ashertliden

So there's a lot of WOB's. I was thinking there should be a place where people can put their favorite (funniest/most informative/coolest) Wob's they've found.

Currently I'm a fan of: (spoilered for length)

Spoiler

Sparkle Hearts 

Kelsier, does he like noodles?

Brandon Sanderson 

Yes.

And

Questioner

When Nightblood created, was Endowment involved in any way more than normal?

Brandon Sanderson 

Good question, you qualified that the right way! I would say yes, but maybe not to the extent you're thinking.

Questioner 

Normal being using Endowment's Investiture to Awaken. There's something special.

Brandon Sanderson 

I would say, there is something special.

This one made me laugh out loud. Especially listening to the recording. It's so sweet.

Spoiler

Questioner

So in The Stormlight Archive series--

Brandon Sanderson

The Stormlight Archive? How old are you? *laughter* How old are you?

Questioner

Nine.

Brandon Sanderson

Nine?! You're reading The Stormlight Archive? You are awesome! *cheers*

Questioner

So the character Lift, for her powers, why does she have to eat food instead of sucking in--

Brandon Sanderson

So why does Lift have to eat food instead of sucking in Stormlight. So Lift is a really weird one, she visited the Old Magic and asked something very strange. And the Old Magic didn't know how to treat that and answered with something equally strange. So you will eventually see what happened with Lift and things like that but suffice it to say some really weird things are going on with Lift.

source

Edited by Firerust
Formatting

Spoiler

Lightning

*written* How will the everstorm affect Vasher?

Brandon Sanderson

*written* "Vasher will probably just hide, but it signals something bad for him...

Brandon Sanderson

That'll probably make sense to you in a long time.

What?

Edited by PelekinikeleT

Spoiler

Questioner

I read online that you stated that Instabam's power was over mashed potatoes. Is that actually true in your mind, and if it is would you ever consider writing that story in the same vein that J.K. Rowling did Fantastic Beasts? As a comic relief--

Brandon Sanderson

As a comic relief? I could totally see doing that. I just keep thinking that if people got to get superpowers, there have to be stupid ones, right?  People've got-- They can't all be “I can fly”, some of them are "I can control mashed potatoes" or something like that...

source

Brandon, tell us more about this Epic with complete and frightening control over mashed potatoes. 

Here's another Reckoners WoB. I love this one for a couple of reasons. One of them is because it reads like a parent hinting to their kid to confess to something, but the kid's got attitude. Imagine Brandon as a six year-old boy when you read this:

Spoiler

Questioner

You mentioned the other ruined cities... Are there any other cities that you were thinking of putting into the book, but ended up not?

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, I had-- I brainstormed a few with the team. Cities I was thinking of-- Toronto we-- Toronto was the big one.

Isaac Stewart

What was the funny, weird thing about the city?

Brandon Sanderson

Um... I wanted to do a mushroom city, and I didn't do that. I dunno, I had a bunch of them that I bounced off of Isaac and Peter. This is the one we decided on just because the salt thing is so *unintelligible*, you know?

Isaac Stewart

Yeah, we did a lot of Canadian cities, is what we were thinking at first.

Brandon Sanderson

And then Random House came in and said, "Can it be an American city? Please?" I'm like, "Okay, but you'll have to fight off the Canucks."

source

*Brandon pulls out his Canuck action figures and the meeting ends in chaos*

Edited by Archer

Check out Isaac’s answer 

Spoiler

Little Wilson

Can you give us any hints about Vax's magic system?

Brandon Sanderson

No.

Little Wilson

*sighs* Okay.

Brandon Sanderson

Nope, nope, nope. Big RAFO. *interruption*

Isaac Stewart

It's a magic system based on RAFO. The more RAFO you get, the more Investiture you're able to bestow

Here’s another one: 

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

So, when Vin and Kelsier are running around spewing those coins everywhere. I assume that leaves coins all over the place. So, what happens to all that money? Are there conceivably skaa who could make a living?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

I got asked this in my writing group, way back when. Way, way back when. I got in alpha reads and beta reads too, people are like "They're just throwing money all over!" I'm like, "Yeah, it's a meaningless amount of money to them at that point, and is cheaper, in a lot of ways, than going and buying bits of metal, because of the way..." Anyway. The answer is, they just get left there. And there are skaa who have a very lucky day the next day. Because to them, that money isn't a throwaway amount. And you could conceivably do very well watching where Mistborn went, and following after them. I'm not sure if there are people who do that. But it would make for a nice story, so we can imagine that there is at least a few people who try to track where they are. I mean, the problem is, once you start into that effort, you start to get to the realm of people who that money is insignificant to again. So, like, no underworld crime lord is gonna track where Mistborn are to go gather the clips that they drop for jumping around. It just isn't worth their money. But one of the things you see in an economy like in the Final Empire is that the wealth disparity is such that, for some people, that could be worth their time.                                               

Trev412

Could cannibals steal investiture?

Brandon Sanderson

Not normally

Edited by PelekinikeleT

• Chaos locked this topic