Challenge of Champions [2v2]: Ambrosia/Atticus vs. Max/Mara

I think I am here.

Predictions and Thoughts!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this fight?

• Ambrosia/Atticus (Ark1002)
    • Max/Mara (Itiah)
  2. 2. Would you like to see more 2v2 battles?

Fangblade snarled at the huge gray lizard, and looked down at Mara anxiously, then howled, "Could someone just please help them? They're almost dead! Please!" Spirit-Brother howled with him, the vine-like creature's irrevocable instinct to help people activated. "Please..." Fang growled anxiously, then donned a certain set of Type 4 Awakened claws. "Help them," he shouted at the Mediator, "or your dragon dies!" 

@Archer

All of the fire that was being shot at him missed, because he Steelpushed all the bullets away.

Edited by AxeliustheGreat

Isaac’s dead? Noooooooo

Edit: I’ve already made my attack post so Ark has to respond but I’ll make another post that won’t be an attack, just RP.

Max stopped at a few paces to Ambrosia just as Mara fell.

“Hey,” He said softly. Mara was unconscious. Vulnerable. It was rare to see her like that. Max didn’t want her to die.

“You’re friend’s unconscious, my sister’s unconcious. Can we agree not to hit each other’s unconscious partners and just fight between us?”

He got in a defensive position.

Edited by I think I am here.

“Hey, buddy, why you grilling the boss?” the pink dragon asked, lithely landing on an entire section of seats.

He smiled when Fangblade donned his claws. “Aww, that’s mad cute, kid. You got moxie.”

The dragon looked knowingly at the Control Booth, as if he could see through the one-way mirror that sperated the mediators from the spectators. “Kröjk ain’t gonna give a thirsty young’un nothing. ‘Sides, I got claws too.”

He extended his claws to their full length. They impaled several seats, and at least one double bagel. “Thing about brick hea-" Mid-sentence, the dragon spat at Fangblade. Simultaneously, he flapped his wings, creating a sudden wind to knock them off balance.

“Let’s dance!” he growled evilly, snapping his teeth. "You smell delicious, if a little crispy."

Edited by Archer

Fang nimbly dodged the acid spit that flew at him. He was half wolf, and knew how to honor his ancestors; a noble wolf was a great warrior and vice versa. He growled, the sound reverberating around the arena and seeming to grow louder with every echo, such was the acoustics. My father showed me how to fight with animals larger than myself, Fang thought as he rolled under another ball of spit. He then lunged forward, feeling his BioChromatic Breath being eaten away at by a small voice in his head, and attempted to hamstring his foe. 

@Archer

"I will agree to that."

Ambrosia did two things at once.

She activated a chalkling she had been drawing in the box, a huge dragon with the command to attack anyone who was not her or Atticus. It flew towards him.

And she threw the glove at him, as fast and carefully as she could.

Atticus: -3 HP

Ambrosia: 6 HP

Max: 13 HP

Mara: -7 HP

Max hasn't tried to hurt Ambrosia yet, so there's no damage to take. 

- 1 to the unconscious people since you stood around talking. 

I'll just remind you that a chalkling (while it may appear to be flying) is actually moving along the ground, being a 2D object. 

Pinky's a dragon. He should at least get ten times as much HP as the dog has. :D

The dragon felt the dog tickle his rear leg. "Ya want to take it there?" he growled. "This ain't me trippin' you know, those scales take me a mean long time to regrow."

He whipped his tail around to hit the dog. As he did so, he quickly raked his claws along the floor, creating a spark that ignited the puddles of acid that lay around him. "Tough luck, pooch. Don't think you're flame proof," he said before striking again with his spiked tail. 

9 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"I will agree to that."

Ambrosia did two things at once.

She activated a chalkling she had been drawing in the box, a huge dragon with the command to attack anyone who was not her or Atticus. It flew towards him.

And she threw the glove at him, as fast and carefully as she could.

What glove? Just like a random glove? Also, in the light of Kidpen’s WoB I’m going to do the emotional Allomancy attack if that’s okay.

Max strided forward. He’d taken up a defensive position before, and luckily the shockhammer wasn’t too heavy in his armoured hands.

Taking another stride, he saw the glove fly towards him and batted it away, holding up his hammer for a swing. The dragon chalkling crawled up his leg but Max was ready. He’d taken his Riot off of Atticus and focused it on the chalkling. Fear. Terror. It got a few scratches on Max, but luckily nothing fatal as it started to back off. Max kept the Riot, refocusing another one on Ambrosia. He was using up way too much Nicrosil, making the Zinc far more powerful than it needed to be, but after Atticus, this much emotional Allomancy felt good. Addictive.

One more step forward, andax tried to get Ambrosia in a hold, swinging his hammer. Hopefully it would hit her.

I assume the glove in question was the Sentinel shock glove she used to hurt Mara. 

Atticus: -3 HP

Ambrosia: 6 HP

Max: 8 HP

Mara: -7 HP

Since Max was in a defensive position, I'll give him the block. It's hard to throw a glove quickly, it'd be pretty easy to knock aside. 

The chalkling would come as more of a surprise. But I interpret the WoB as both types of chalklings can be rioted. It's a big chalkling, but it won't get far past the initial hit. - 5HP.

Edited by Archer
Forgot to write in Max's health

Ambrosia used the enhanced reflexes granted by pewter, flipping backwards and out of the way.

She ran backwards, picking up the second hammer. Now it would be a fair fight.

And then the chalkling raced toward Mara.

I feel like the amount of Nicrosil being used is a bit unfair. That much power should have totally used up your nicrosilminds.

Max has been rioting aggressively for the last few minutes. He did come in with a lot though. I decided not to keep strict track of how much metal stores people have in this fight, trusting you two to keep it reasonable. I understand the desire to want to blast emotional allomancy to have a more tangible/noticeable effect, but Max has been pushing it hard the entire fight. I'd recommend that he use his other talents.

Atticus: -4 HP

Ambrosia: 5 HP

Mara: -8 HP

-1HP to the unconscious people. WARNING! Mara is almost perma-dead (after 4 more posts she will be). 

In my opinion, backflips are a bad way to evade danger. A back handspring would have been more effective. Either way, it disorients you, leaves you hanging in the air longer than you want to be, and throws you off balance. The initial stage of a backflip leaves you more vulnerable to taking damage. I'll rule that Max managed to graze her as Ambrosia dodged. -1HP.

The chalkling is showing a fair bit of initiative there. Their size (and presumably detail) gives them greater ability than most, and the action technically fits within their orders (but with order that vague, I'm surprised it didn't try to attack an audience member or one of a thousand other targets). I'll assume its logic is that it attacks the closest available target. 

Edited by Archer

Having dodged almost all of the attacks of the lizard, Fang bared his, ahem, fangs at the massive gray lizard, then Steelpushed at its face and raked his Type 4 Chromatic claws at its huge left eye.

Allow me to remind you Archer, these claws destroy evil. If they come into contact with living flesh, the being disintegrates. And since you acknowledged the hit that Fang scored across the dragon's haunch, it should be dead. 

That would require the dragon to be evil. He considers himself to be a gainfully employed good dragon, helping maintain fairness in professional sporting. Hence why he's bright pink. Ever seen an evil, well, anything that's bright pink? :)

The dragon, royally annoyed, closed his left eyelid. When the dog jumped acrobatically up to scratch his face, he retaliated by twisting his neck around and snapping at it with sizable teeth.  

He had a clever joke prepared about Fangblade getting roasted, that involved the use of a food vendor cart as a prop, but he was too busy to share it in its entirely. 

"You're a hotdog!" he shouted telepathically. "That joke sounded better in my head."

Edited by Archer

"No wonder!" Fang shouted at the dragon as he landed on its snout and dug his claws into its scales. "That's an awful joke!" He gave the dragon a grin, then his spren manifested as huge spikes on the end of his back claws, piercing the lizard's scales and going into its mouth. 

7 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

I feel like the amount of Nicrosil being used is a bit unfair.

7 hours ago, Archer said:

I'd recommend that he use his other talents.

Sure. :) I do admit I’m being slightly uncreative with repeat Riots and stuff.

Ambrosia dodged, and the dragon moved toward Mara. What? Max thought as he tried catching up. She broke the deal! We weren’t supposed to attack each other’s partners. Sure, one could say Ambrosia didn’t technically attack Mara, but come on.

Max knew he wasn’t going to catch up. He was slow in this armour. So he did the only think he could. He brought the hammer down on the chalkling, but most importantly, the ground underneath.

The compact soil bursted where the hammer hit, the shockwave displacing the ground where the chalkling was. Would that destroy it? Max didn’t know.

He saw Ambrosia picking up a shockhammer. It was her strength. Max thought about his. Agility, quickness, especially with his staff.

Holding onto both ends of the hammer, Max used up the last of his Aonic strength to take the handle away from the head.

He had a staff! But not agility. His armour kept him slow, but by now it was mostly destroyed anyway.

So, Max took it off. There wasn’t much to take off, only a few plates, and Max was quickly done. He smiled, for the first time in battle free. He twirled the staff around his arms and wove it around his head and stuck it in the ground. A makeshift staff, and staffs had always been Max’s strength.

He threw the shockhammer head towards Ambrosia (hopefully it would act like a small grenade) and charged.

Ambrosia easily sidestepped the shockhammer, which flew past her, not having much of an affect. Because of the pewter she was strong, fast, and well coordinated. And she had trained. Trained since thirteen. She was over twenty. With a hammer in her hands, she was hard to beat. But she was weak. She didn't have much health though. With one good hit, she would be dead.

her  she charged, but also scooped up her dagger from the ground and threw it.

As it flew straight at Max's unarmored chest, she met him hammer to staff, her remaining clothes flapping in the wind.

Note that Ambrosia didn't mean to break the deal, it just did that because she hadn't added her to the immunities.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

That would require the dragon to be evil. He considers himself to be a gainfully employed good dragon, helping maintain fairness in professional sporting. Hence why he's bright pink. Ever seen an evil, well, anything that's bright pink? :)

Two words

Pink Pinkness 

Atticus: -5 HP

Ambrosia: 5 HP

Mara: -9 HP [Reminder: After Itiah's next post, then Ark's next post, Mara will die. I'll try and stick around so I can give mediator update after each post, because there's a good chance someone will die soon.]

I hadn't even considered using the shockhammer to dissipate the chalk. That was clever, Itiah. 

I'm comfortable with Ambrosia dodging the hammer head (not to be confused with the shark species). Removing your armor takes a while, so she'd have time to get into a ready position, expecting an attack.

16 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

He twirled the staff around his arms and wove it around his head and stuck it in the ground.

At least try to take this fight seriously. :P

6 minutes ago, Arlin said:

Two words

Pink Pinkness 

Pinky the dragon's entire life philosophy was thrown out the window. Pink... can be bad? Am I bad? WHAT' IS WRONG WITH ME? CURSE YOU, PINK PINKNESS!

The ghost of Isaac the Intern laughed because he said mineral Pink Pinkness. 

The dragon spontaneously combusted from all the confusion. Dragon guts and acid sprayed everywhere. 

Even if she dodged the hammer, wouldn’t there be a shockwave?

Max was free. Agile. Whatever. He charged, and Ambrosia dodged the hammer head. Rust. She scooped up a dagger of the floor and threw it while running, and Max abruptly rolled to the floor, attempting a duck. His momentum on the roll carried him behind Ambrosia. He’d gotten a bruise from it, but at least it saved his life.

Behind Ambrosia, Max knew this was the endgame. Any moment Mara would die. Max had to finish this quick. He jumped at Ambrosia, growling, holding his staff in a two handed grip. He feinted low and then used all his strength to attempt a head shot.

Oh, yeah, and no pressure Ark, but Mara will die if Ambrosia dodges this. Do you really want death on your hands? :P 

Edited by I think I am here.

Would there be a shockwave? I'm not entirely sure how the hammers work (and whether the handle is important to the shock mechanism). My head cannon was that the head landed far enough away when it missed that it didn't effect anything, but it could just as easily have landed close. I'll compromise. The hammer landed in such a way that the shockwave knocked the knife off-target. Heavier object weren't effected, but small items were moved, allowing Max to successfully dodge. 

As the mediator, I'll only add damage to someone for being unconscious if the combatants are fighting (I'm nice like that). If you have a post where they're only talking, and no fighting is taking place, I won't count it. So, if you want to surrender or negotiate, go ahead and do so. 

Edited by Archer

Fang leaped off the spontaneously combusting dragon and winced as a little bit of acid bit at his shoulder, thankfully not the shoulder where his spikes were. He landed a bit from Mara, but ran to her and nuzzled her face, transmitting Progression to her and healing her, putting himself in the path of any bullets the mediator might shoot. 

Fight me, boy. 

Here we go again. 

"....!" The Head Mediator screamed furiously. He closed his hand into a fist, and shook it. Almost immediately, the Tineye gunners opened fire on the dog. 

"There's no way it can survive that," a sub-mediator commented from the control room, sipping on his coffee. "That's almost enough firepower to kill a God Beyond."

A Tineye sniper took aim, and shot Mara twice, to nearly kill her again. 

See previous comments on allowing interference. 

Suddenly, the air near Fangblade shimmered, and a mime stepped out of an invisible door. He waved expressively, summoning a dozen of his friends. The mimes surrounded the dog, pointing finger guns at him. Then one of placed an invisible box over the dog. To illustrate its existence, several other mimes pushed on it, squishing their faces into it. 

Content the threat had been subdued, the Head Mediator gave an order. In a deep, gravelly voice, he whispered, "This guy's more trouble than Butt Venture."

Having opened a hole in the fourth wall, he sat back to watch the mimes push the dog into it.

"Where will he end up?" asked one of his minions. 

"Probably in some other duel," the Mediator replied. "I don't care. Once he's out of here, he's no longer my problem."

That was borderline godmodding. If you felt I went too far, tell me and I can edit it. 

I've decided that automatically rebuffing all attempts to heal combatants may be making the crowd uncomfortable. Here at the dueling grounds, we strive for audience satisfaction. So, I'm giving you the chance to decide her fate.

Should the Mediator send in medics (or allow a certain dog) to heal Mara if she is about to die? Did she fight valiantly enough to deserve a chance to survive? Have your say!

Vote in the Chat Thread, because that was more convenient to make a poll in*:

*results of the poll are not binding. The narrator's of the characters have final say on whether or not their character survives. 

Edited by Archer