Challenge of Champions [2v2]: Ambrosia/Atticus vs. Max/Mara

I think I am here.

Predictions and Thoughts!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this fight?

• Ambrosia/Atticus (Ark1002)
    • Max/Mara (Itiah)
  2. 2. Would you like to see more 2v2 battles?

Grey Knight told me that even without the power pack, power armor still functions as armor (think, medieval knight armor for a incredibly strong character) just doesn't enhance. It would still help with weight.

Atticus felt the push of two things. The rioting, which he resisted, although only barely, and the steelpush. He steel pushed the hammer in the right direction on his own, actually strengthening the impact. He could feel even his stability from anger slipping. Though with this much, he didn't think it would control him. Just break his mind entirely.

Ambrosia fell to the ground and pulled out chalk. She sent five lines of revocation from close distance at Mara. And began to draw a shape, so she could be protected.

I won't be here this weekend, so be warned.

A man starts walking around the stadium, selling souvenirs.

"Buy an Atticus action figure today! We have glass replicas of Ambrosia! COME ONE COME ALL, FOR THE DEAL OF A LIFETIME!"

Edited by Ark1002
bored

On 11/10/2018 at 11:56 PM, Ark1002 said:

Atticus felt the push of two things. The rioting, which he resisted, although only barely, and the steelpush. He steel pushed the hammer in the right direction on his own, actually strengthening the impact. He could feel even his stability from anger slipping. Though with this much, he didn't think it would control him. Just break his mind entirely.

Ambrosia fell to the ground and pulled out chalk. She sent five lines of revocation from close distance at Mara. And began to draw a shape, so she could be protected.

Max felt the hammer sear past the forcefield, smashing through it. Luckily, it cancelled out the shock. Unfortunately, that still left the hammer.

Holding one of his hands in front of his face, fingers outstretched, Max flexed his Aons, as he tried to catch the hammer. It hit him square in the palm, and while Max was sent back a few steps, he had a plan.

Using his other hand, Max took out his weapon. A staff, sturdy and strong. A small press of a button and two blades came out of the ends.

It was a pushing contest. Atticus pushing on the hammer into Max and Max pushing back. The only thing was, Max had his staff.

Twirling it around in his free hand, Max tried to jab one of the sharp ends into Atticus’ face, hoping the man’s arms would be too busy wielding the warhammer to block.

Ambrosia sent five chalk lines at Mara. The first and second hit hit her and sent to the ground, but right before the third hit her she put her obsidian short-sword in front of her, letting the line hit the sword and send that flying instead of her. She used her second shirt-sword for the fourth line, and a small dagger for the fifth. Looking at Ambrosia, it seemed she was making a protective shape around herself. Lines of Forbiddance. Mara knew these.

Dropping a coin and shooting high the in the air, Mara saw her options. Lines of Forbiddance would defend Ambrosia from the sides, so Mara would have to attack from above.

The good thing was, while Mara couldn’t directly move through the lines, Ambrosia couldn’t either. So while Mara sailed directly above her opponent, she knew she had her trapped.

Dropping almost 20 coins in midair, Mara pushed them all down with a yell, hoping her opponent wouldn’t be able to break the box of Forbiddance in time to dodge.

Sorry for the late response. I thought it was still your turn.

On 10/11/2018 at 5:00 AM, I think I am here. said:

Ambrosia wasn’t making an attack, for some reason.

Could it be because you just hit her with a coin travelling at the speed of sound? :D

Atticus: 24 HP

Ambrosia: 50 HP

Max: 37 HP

Mara: 4 HP WARNING! YOU ARE ALMOST DEAD. TRY NOT TO BECOME FULLY DEAD. IT'S NOT FUN.

I’ll defer to GK’s expertise on the issue, but I had been working under the assumption that the powerpack powered the Hellgun to increase its output, as it was the kind used by Imperial Guard Storm Troopers, but it didn’t affect the functioning of the armour. The Hellpistol has no additional power source, making it capable of being fired even if it there’s no power pack.

Reminder: if you want a specific result from your rioting, specify the emotions rioted. Otherwise you might just hurt his brain. A broken mind must do some damage, but I’m at a loss for how to quantify it. I think Atticus should be suffering from hormone imbalances (especially cortisol) making him depressed and stressed. His blood-pressure must be up. I don’t believe Max has induced intracranial hemorrhaging or a burst lobe, but his temporal lobe is probably damaged.

My best guess is that Max’s ritoing is the equivalent of doing a form of psychosurgery known as ‘lobotomy’ to Atticus (give it a Google, it’s fascinating how stupid some doctors were in the 1900s). That procedure either made the patient dead, docile, or violent and zombie-like. Atticus will probably end up like the latter, aggressive but with limited mental capability.

I feel that the rioting should be causing some sort of damage that can be quantified in HP, so I'll rule that Atticus' wrecked brain is neglecting bodily functions like not bleeding to death (that makes sense, right?). I'll take off 2 HP, and probably keep taking off 2 HP for every round after this until he gets healed.

We know that lines of forbiddance gain height from their thickness, so Mara’s probably able to get over these ones. Given how little time Ambrosia had to make them, I doubt she made them very thick. Pushing down on 20 coins will send Mara upwards though, but our roof is pretty high so I doubt she’ll hit it.

Spoiler

If Ambrosia dispels a line to escape, I’ll roll a d20 to decide how many hit her.

Two lines of revocation do -14 HP of damage. The swords are likely broken from the hits (being obsidian, which I've already noted is brittle).  

Edited by Archer

Atticus felt it stab into his face.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

NO! 

He was better than this. He pushed with all his weight, trying to hit Max as hard as possible.

~~~~~~

Ambrosia looked up. She saw the coins flying towards her. Knowing she couldn't escape them all, she used another tactic. She pulled off her sentinel coat, which was mostly undamaged, and held it above her using one of her hammers and the broken gun. Without the coat, she was left in only undergarments. But she was in a fight. She couldn't stop now. She was also holding something. She had never revealed she had it. A Sentinel weapon. She clipped it onto her hand. One hit with this, and the amount of electricity of a lightning bolt would enter their body. It only had power to be used once, and then twice more at weaker levels. But it was a powerful weapon.

Atticus: 12 HP

Ambrosia: 32 HP

Max: 37 HP

Mara: 4 HP

Ouch. The stab is one-handed, but it's to the face. If he felt it, that means it got through. It probably hit the cheek or somewhere non-fatal if Atticus can stay on his feet, but it will still do normal damage for a sword. - 12 HP.

Ambrosia would be able to see Mara getting into position, but good armour takes time to remove. Conveniently, Mara shot twenty coins so I'll use a (1d20 * 3HP/coin). max. 36 (for partial block) to calculate damage. -18HP.

Most of the coat appears to be a single piece robe-like garment. To remove it you'd only have to unbuckle the belt. But the best defense, the breastplate, would be harder to remove. I can't tell if it's strapped in place or put on over your head, but either way, removing it would take time. Not much time (though any damage its sustained or blood that's crusted in inconvenient places won't help) but it's a lot when you're racing against a Push. The designers of the cloak likely tried to make it as easy as possible to remove, but there has got to be safeguards against it accidentally falling off. All that considered, I'd say it's quicker than armour to remove, but it shouldn't be as fast as a coat. 

On 15/10/2018 at 5:55 AM, Ark1002 said:

Atticus felt it stab into his face.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

NO! 

He was better than this. He pushed with all his weight, trying to hit Max as hard as possible.

~~~~~~

Ambrosia looked up. She saw the coins flying towards her. Knowing she couldn't escape them all, she used another tactic. She pulled off her sentinel coat, which was mostly undamaged, and held it above her using one of her hammers and the broken gun. Without the coat, she was left in only undergarments. But she was in a fight. She couldn't stop now. She was also holding something. She had never revealed she had it. A Sentinel weapon. She clipped it onto her hand. One hit with this, and the amount of electricity of a lightning bolt would enter their body. It only had power to be used once, and then twice more at weaker levels. But it was a powerful weapon.

Max felt the staff ago into Atticus’ face. It probably had blood all over it. Yuck. Max realised that while his Rioting was having some effect, he needed to specify what type of emotion he was bringing out. Docility, tameness, complacense, there were all feelings Max was bludgoning Attiucus’ mind with.

The staff had made contact, but Atticus was still firmly pushing the hammer into Max’s one hand. Max had blocked most of the momentum, but there was no doubt, it would still probably hurt.

As the hammer edged closer and closer to Max forcing his head and hand backwards, Max glimpsed the state of Atticus. He was hurt, very hurt. Maybe even more damaged than Max. If he let himself get hit to hurt Atticus one final time, would the gamble be worth it?

Letting go of the warhammer for just a second, Max used both of his arms to take his staff in the body (it was still in Atticus’ cheek) and attempted to wrench it upwards and forwards, trying to get it further into his face.

And then the Warhammer hit him.

Mara reached the top of her arc gracefully, pushed up by the 20 coins she threw down. Despite appearing to be the most damaged person in the Arena right now, she felt she was the most graceful.

Ambrosia had defended her attack, only a few of the coins Mara sent down had hit. But she still hadn’t freed herself from that box she’d made, with the Lines of Forbiddance. Mara could use that.

Dropping a coin and landing elegantly on the hardened soil of the Arena floor, Mara took a second to admire his she was currently in the state of not getting killed. It was nice.

Anyway.

Mara turned to Ambrosia on the other side of a Line of Forbiddance, who was wielding some sort of weapon. The way she was holding it, it appeared it needed physical touch to transfer. Mara smiled. With all these Lines of Forbiddance, physical touch was going to be hard if Ambrosia couldn’t remove them.

And there was no way Mara was going to give her the chance.

Hopping around the box Pushing at any metal Ambrosia had on her body (including the weapon), Mara attempted to fling Ambrosia around in the inside of the box, never stopping to give Ambrosia a second of rest. Her steelpushes were slightly weaker when they went through an object, like the wall the Line of Forbiddance made, but Mara combated that by tapping more of her Nicrosil, trying to fling Ambrosia around with as much force as she could, switching her angle of attack regularly.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how ridiculous someone being thrown around in an invisible box would look?

Atticus: 10 HP

Ambrosia: 32 HP

Max: 26 HP

- 2 HP for the physical hit from the hammer, - 9 HP for the lightning/sonic blast.

- 2 HP for Atticus' brain shirking its duties. (WARNING: There's a chance that sword twist could kill him. Dying isn't fun. Try to avoid it.)

Note that the weapon is aluminum.

Ambrosia went limp, only holding on to the weapon in her hand. She smashed into the walls, one by one. Then, on the first again, she released the wall as she hit, flying out. Right in front of Mara. She pulled the glove back and punched.

~~~~~~

Atticus felt pain, going back into his face, but his warhammer had hit. So he pushed, flying backwards, and hoping it would also push him to the ground. As he flew, he brought out his remaining shamefillers lense. Fight allomancers with allomancer after all. He sent the lense directly at him as he flew away, while also using his extra torturers lense on his brain stem. This would be how he won. He just had to hang on...

To recap, Ambrosia is armed with a handheld aluminum weapon that zaps electricity when it touches somebody, like a powerful cattle prod.

Atticus: 1 HP [WARNING! DEATH IS IMMINENT!]

Ambrosia: 16 HP

Max: 26 HP

Ambrosia is unarmored, so hitting the walls will hurt. Kudos to her for going limp, that's probably the best strategy. She hit four walls, so that does -16HP. 

The twisting of the sword in Atticus' face will also do some damage. The attack is done before Atticus Pushes away, so it counts. -9 HP. Ark, you can assume that pretty much any offensive action Max (or Mara) takes against Atticus will be enough to kill him instantly. 

36 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Fight allomancers with allomancer after all. He sent the lense directly at him as he flew away, 

Just to clarify, Ark, did Atticus Push the lens at Max, or did he fire a beam of shame at Max? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Archer

17 minutes ago, Archer said:

Just to clarify, Ark, did Atticus Push the lens at Max, or did he fire a beam of shame at Max? Thanks in advance.

Fired a beam. It wouldn't exactly be the best attack to push a small piece of glass with a rim of metal at him when that glass can attempt to destroy him instead.

2 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

released the wall as she hit, flying out. Right in front of Mara.

I don’t think this is possible. To destroy a Line of Forbiddance I think you either need to use acid or chalklings. I don’t think Rithmatists can just ‘release’ lines.

Also, if Mara was Allomantically Pushing Mara, it means that she would be pushing Ambrosia opposite to her. So pushing her into a wall that’s next to her would be impossible.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

I don’t think Rithmatists can just ‘release’ lines.

“Not true!” said Alum, entering the stands. “It takes about four seconds for a Rithmatist to dismiss a Line of Forbiddance, requiring contact with the line. In this case, however, it’s unlikely (but possible) that such contact could be maintained for that amount of time.”

Edited by MetaTerminal

Ah, you’re right. Sorry, forgot about that. I’ll have a post up in approximately 39.8 minutes.

EDIT: Um, it has been significantly over 39.8 minutes (more like 5 hours) but better late than never, right?

Max jabbed the staff, and the hammer sent him a few steps backwards as he let go, forced to leave the staff in Atticus’ face. That was annoying. Atticus himself seemed to be on the brink of death, it seemed Max’s mental attack had been slowly chipping away at him. Atticus brought out two lenses, and put them on.

One filled Max’s head with pain, but it was lost among the pain Max already felt Rioting. He knew this pain was physical, though, and so Max tried his best to get out of Atticus’ line of sight, picking up the shockhammer and running away to Ambrosia. Hopefully his brain damage to Atticus would finish him off.

But there was another feeling, too. Shame. It was unnatural, and Max could see how it stood out like a sore thumb against his feelings, but still, he felt it. As he tried to dart out of Atticus’ sight, the shame ebbed and flowed, but Max could still feel it. He stretched his defensive Aons. Hopefully they’d be able to keep him from hurting too much.

But the shame was there, and the pain. Max hoped that, between the help of his armour and his dodging of Atticus’ line of sight, he would be able to survive to see Atticus die.

He was almost to Ambrosia. That was when she punched Mara.

It was fun, in its own, twisted way.

Mara had the upper hand. She was pushing Ambrosia around an invisible box, and she could feel herself grow more confident, despite the state of her and her armour. Her chestplate was damaged, her helmet seemed broken, pieces of her shinplates (not to be confused with Shin plates) lay on the ground, and one of her gauntlets was gone. The other was still there, though, glowing red, recharged.

As Mara pushed Ambrosia around, she almost didn’t realise the fact that Ambrosia had released a line, and had currently rolled in front of Mara. She attempted a punch, and Mara could see her weapon thing glinting in the light.

Mara knew she was would be hit. She knew that no matter how she moved, Ambrosia was faster this time. The only thing she could count on was Ambrosia being to dizzy to hit straight, but she doubted it.

She was going to be hit. She knew it. The least Mara could do was return the favour.

As the electric weapon swung through the air, Mara stepped into it, bringing up her own Aon Sheo fist as she swung at Ambrosia’s face from close distance.

Hopefully both punches would land their target.

@Archer @Ark1002 Edited :) 

Edited by I think I am here.

Well. This essentially means both Mara and Atticus are going to be knocked out.

Atticus pulled out a third lense. Educators lense. Time slowed, almost like feruchemical steel. He moved his head, pain filling him. He changed the target of his torturers lense to his heart. He kept going. The rioting would kill him soon. He steelpushed off of the stadium lights, ironpulling toward Max. Hopefully this would inflict a last bit of damage before he died. As he he flew, he screamed, "Please. Kill me. And give Hellbent's armor to Devaan."

~~~~

Ambrosia felt her punch hit. But she also felt a punch hit her. Damnation! 

Pain. Unmeasurable pain.

Lightning left her hand. It hit the opponent. That much lighting would knock the opponent out, and do considerable damage by shock.

Then she felt the Aon.

She was lucky she was burning pewter.

Pain.

Her life was pain.

Atticus: -2 HP

Ambrosia: 6 HP

Max: 13 HP

Mara: -6 HP

Using lenses requires concentration, and that isn't Atticus' strong suit at the moment. His mind is broken (that's very important to note). His lens attacks target good locations, but Max is dodging to avoid them. Including the final strike to the heart, normally he'd have been able to kill Max. But his damage is reduced. I'll put the combined total -13 HP.

Atticus suffers -2HP of damage for Max's rioting. The blade in his face does -1HP of damage. Atticus is now unconscious. He can still be hurt, for example, when he died he was in midair. The crash will harm him. (Probably -3HP for the crash if he just hits the ground, and the one HP for being unconscious will bring him to -6HP after Ark's next post)

Reminder: Once a player has zero or less HP, they are unconscious. They act as if they are dead. For each round they remain unconscious, they lose one HP. If they reach -10HP they die. 

Mara didn't do herself any favors by stepping into the blow. Even with armor, it will be enough to kill her. -10 HP. Mara is now unconscious. 

Aon Sheo is a powerful aon and Ambrosia is unarmored. But there was that line in the Mistborn books about it allowing Thugs to ignore fatal wounds until they stopped burning it (then promptly died). So I'll rule that if Ambrosia stops burning pewter, she will immediately fall unconscious. But it's allowing her to carry on. The HP damage is a reflection of what her body's feeling right now. -10 HP.

WARNING: Both Max and Ambrosia are near death. Choose your next moves carefully.  

Isaac watched as two combatants died. He waited patiently for the medics to come on to the field to help them. But his waiting was in vain. "Hey!" he shouted. "Aren't you gonna heal those guys?"

Edited by Archer

Silphio watched anxiously. Mara was bleeding out, she didn't have long left before she dies. He quickly contacted Devaan, he arrived back here, explaining what had happened in the training ground.

"The twins are barely winning this" Silphio said

"Mara might bleed out" Devaan replied

"They need a medic" Astiel mumured

"There should be one" Devaan looked around at the audience, then looked to the stage. Where was the medics taking the unconscious fighters out? If it got too bad, Devaan would have to step in. He gripped his bladed steel cards. This was the endgame.

Fang Steelpushed as fast as he could onto the arena and started healing Atticus with Progression, then rushed over to Mara once Atticus was breathing normally again. He licked her nose while she healed, the small part of him that was Saint Bernard telling him that licking faces saved people.

Uh oh. As the mediator, I can't allow that. :D

Spoiler

And it definitely wouldn't be fair to allow people to interfere in fights (If I get permission from both contestants to allow interference, I'll allow it. But until I do, I'll keep this between them). So my policy will be that if anyone tries to interfere, I will unapologetically undo their actions, using whatever means I have at my disposal. 

Spoiler

Yes, you may fight the dragon. Just don't do it where it could affect the fight. The control room is guarded by about a dozen magic users of various investitures. I'm definitely not saying that so you can attack it. No sir. For sure not. Nope.

Itiah, Ark, act as if nothing happened. If you want, you can be annoyed at those cruel Mediators, but don't let it break your concentration.

“Camera three, move in for a wide- WHAT WAS THAT?” Drak the Assistant Mediator watched in disbelief as a large dog leaped from the stands.

Before he even had the time to scream, “CODE YELLOW!” the disaster management team was already swinging into action. As soon as the perimeter sensors were tripped, the sentry Tineyes sighted the intruder with their [Reckoners-style] guns. With inhumanly accurate aim, they targeted the dog with their guns the size of small cannons. Within seconds they were firing, their guns belching short blue laser beams in rapid succession. They maintained fire on the dog as he moved across the arena.

Seated at the back of the control room, shrouded in shadow, the Head Mediator whispered a command to one of his lackeys.

“Are you sure, sire?” the minion questioned, shocked.

“….” The Head Mediator responded. The colour drained from the other man’s face.

“Ri- right away, sir.” The man raced pressed a button on the desk. “Harmony preserve us,” he whimpered.

Isaac the Intern nearly spit out his double bagel. A dog had entered the arena. And was presumably being torn to shreds by the turrets that had risen from the wall. Since when do we have hidden murder guns? He quietly wondered.

Suddenly, a glowing symbol appeared in the air on the far side of the arena. It was a modified aon, shaped like a line spinning in a circle. The word ‘loading’ appeared underneath it.

Then it disappeared, and a thirty-foot, strawberry pink dragon appeared in its place [fresh from I Hate Dragons world].

Isaac laughed. Sure, it had massive teeth, a spiked tail, and claws the size of tables. But it was pink.

“You laughing at me, bud?” The dragon growled with a New York accent. It reared its head back and expectorated in Isaac’s direction. The dragon’s spit was black and chunky, and it disintegrated Isaac instantly.

Satisfied he’d made his point clear, the dragon swooped down towards Fangblade, claws outstretched to pick them up. He didn’t want to have to kill the little guy, but he had to remove him from the premises. Orders were orders, after all.

In the control room, the Head Mediator whispered another command. Nodding, his second-in-command relayed the order. The soldiers firing the guns ceased fire, all except two. Taking careful aim, they turned their guns and fired at Atticus and Mara, to bring their health down to what it had been previously.

"...." The Mediator said. His minions laughed at his hilarious joke.

Edited by Archer