Challenge of Champions [2v2]: Ambrosia/Atticus vs. Max/Mara

I think I am here.

Predictions and Thoughts!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this fight?

• Ambrosia/Atticus (Ark1002)
    • Max/Mara (Itiah)
  2. 2. Would you like to see more 2v2 battles?

Riathor Steelpushed to where Ioc was sitting, looking content.

"What are you doing here?" Riathor asked.

Slowly, Ioc turned to regard Riathor.

"Why, I live here, of course!" it exclaimed. Riathor raised an eyebrow.

Ioc sighed. "No, i don't live here. I'm just watching the duel,"

Riathor nodded a couple times, now feeling awkward. How to extract himself from this conversation?

Eventually, Riathor just decided to back out slowly. As he prepared to Steelpush, however, Ioc spoke.

"Unless... I have an ulterior motive, of course,"

My job is to make sure the fight is fair. If Itiah's fine with it, then I see no reason to prevent an action. I retract my previous request about you editing your post. It's possible she had some spheres on hand for their monetary value, an explorer having multiple currencies on their person isn't unheard of.

Could someone who has already voted try voting for the third question? I'm concerned it might not be possible if you've already voted, but I'd like to test it. 

I'd put one in, asking about the vote-to-save-a-character idea that was discussed in the Chat Thread, but it wasn't working. People who'd already voted couldn't vote on the third question. I suspect if we deleted all the questions and started over, people could vote again, but I didn't want to ruin the poll results so I just removed it. 

Ah, I see. Anyway, I should probably write my recponse to Ark’s attack now.

Max saw Atticus get hit square in the face with the Sheo gauntlet, and laughed. It was a comforting laugh, mainly meant to distract Max from his own pain. This fight had taken its toll on him, not to mention he still had to focus his mind in controlling Atticus.

Atticus. For a second of pure rage alone he dwindled out of Max’s grip, but the Rioter took him by the mind and didn’t let go. Max could already feel his own mind cracking, but he continued.

“You are my slave!” He shouted back. “I CONTROL YOU!”

Mara felt a hand on her arm, and jerked back as it started to turn to dust. But she was prepared. Both swords in hands, Mara twisted around to meet Ambrosia and attempted to plummet both of them within her chest. She hadn’t been close enough to do this before. She was now.

Edited by I think I am here.

Watch your wording please, Itiah. The way the sword plummeting is worded makes it godmodding. 

Atticus: 26 HP

Ambrosia: 87 HP

Max: 43 HP

Mara: 23 HP

I didn't have any numbers prepared for the damage division does, so I'll treat it like a double dose of acid, with her armor absorbing some of the hit. -10 HP

Ambrosi attempted to leap back, tapping the last of her speed, but still got a pretty bad gash in her chest. She pulled out something she had in reserve. An alimnum knife, used by Hellbent against Devaan. She stabbed it toward Mara's chest.

SUBMIT! NO! SUBMIT OR DIE!

"NEVER AGAIN!"

In a pure state of rage, he gripped Max's mind, straining the connection with his anger. Then he broke free. He shattered it all. Then he picked up a hammer, a hammer from Ambrosia. And rushed it down toward his face.

Ambrosia: 73 HP

Max: 43 HP

Mara: 23 HP

You're getting your money's worth out of that hammer. I'm nominating it for the MVW (Most Valuable Weapon) of the game.  

In my opinion, Mara got lucky there. Obsidian blades are great because they're super sharp. But they're also brittle and prone to breaking. That's why they usually aren't used for anything larger than a scalpel. If they'd embedded themselves in Ambrosia's chest, they likely would have snapped off. But they sliced her instead, so you're good. 10 points for each blade, minus 3 each for her armour, makes 14 points of damage total. 

Edited by Archer

*cheers*

Nice job, Kidpen! It’s so cool that you did that!

16 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Ambrosi attempted to leap back, tapping the last of her speed, but still got a pretty bad gash in her chest. She pulled out something she had in reserve. An alimnum knife, used by Hellbent against Devaan. She stabbed it toward Mara's chest.

SUBMIT! NO! SUBMIT OR DIE!

"NEVER AGAIN!"

In a pure state of rage, he gripped Max's mind, straining the connection with his anger. Then he broke free. He shattered it all. Then he picked up a hammer, a hammer from Ambrosia. And rushed it down toward his face.

Mara tried to dodge but it just ended up with the knife in her shoulder. Rusts. Pain flooded her, but pain was a familiar sensation. Scrambling, Mara dropped her swords and tried to get Ambrosia in a headlock.

Taking out a coin, she focused on her Nicrosil. She’d been operating at four times the power of a coinshot, but four times wasn’t enough. Focusing, she enhanced her steel further. Five times, six times, seven times, eight times, nine times, ten times and more, she flared her steel and surged her Nicrosil.

Finally, she pointed the coin at Ambrosia and fired it off at the speed of sound.

Max’s mind lost grip. It almost collapsed on itself, too, cracked so much by Atticus breaking control. But that feeling, the glee of having that power over someone, it energised him.

Atticus picked up the Warhammer and swung it to Max. Crawling back, Max flared all his Aons, hoping the ones he wanted were recharged by now, thrust out his arms and...

The air around Max shimmered and solidified into a pale green forcefield. Max had time now. But what could he do?

Regain control.

Preparing himself for the linking of minds that would take place, Max supertapped another two Nicrosil minds at once and Rioted Atticus. If he wouldn’t regain control at least he would shatter Atticus’ mind with brute force.

Umm, Archer, in the (likely) scenario where firing a coin at the speed of sound causes a bunch of problems you don’t want to deal with, feel free to just classify it as a really strong Push.

I'll edit this later, but I want to get this up so you can respond. My call is that with his armour the aon thing is possible. The hammer will hit him, but the force field absorbs the shock part, making it just a normal hit with a blunt object 

EDIT:

Ambrosia: 73 HP

Max: 37 HP

Mara: 18 HP

I Mistborn Era Three, I would like to see a professor studying the effects rioting has on the body. He can be helping the police with their investigation into rioter-enhanced sports performances. But in lieu of that, I'll reiterate that I have no idea what the long term impacts all this rioting will have on either combatant, or whether or not the damage can be healed.  

Max's armour is capable of doing what he described, but Atticus has the advantage of being anger, motivated, and strong. (While we're theorizing, if we left Atticus and Ambrosia alone in the arena, do you think he'd attack her? I think it's possible.) The forcefield will absorb the hammer's shock, but the blunt force damage will make it through. It's like dipping your fist in pint, then punching someone in the chest. The victim's shirt stops the paint, but they still feel the punch. A hammer's like a club, but it's going pretty fast and is well placed. Damage = - 6. If it hits his head, the other repercussion will be dazing etc. General concussion symptoms. 

There are worse places to be stabbed than the shoulder. Anywhere with vital organs, for example. But moving her arm (as she's likely to do) will worsen the wound, so - 5 HP.

Edited by Archer

A regular hit with a blunt object... being wielded by a man in power armor. With genetic enhancements.

Ambrosia tapped steel. Then stopped. She had used it all. She had none left. So she got hit, the coin actually managing to rip through her armor. It had only hit her in the shoulder, but it hurt. 

Atticu felt a slight resistance, but the hammer went through. It was going straight to his head. His unhelmeted head. Hope he has fun!

Ambrosia: 50 HP

Max: 37 HP

Mara: 18 HP

There are worse places to be stabbed than the shoulder. Anywhere with vital organs, for example. There are handguns that can fire at the speed of sound, so I'll treat the coin like a bullet. The real danger with bullets/coins is that they'll stay inside your body and cause trouble. And they enter at much higher speeds. A coin is interesting because it's more like a musket shot from the 1800's than a modern bullet. Those were more easily stopped by armor, but they tended to kill people more frequently. However, that can be attributed to poor treatment of wounds. Google time!

- 23 HP. It's hard to tell if the Sentinel armor would help her in this case, or hinder her recovery. So, I just split the difference. 

Edited by Archer

On 10/10/2018 at 3:55 PM, I think I am here. said:

Max supertapped another two Nicrosil minds at once and Rioted Atticus.

This or may or may not cause permanent mental damage. :) Also, ow. 

17 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

A regular hit with a blunt object... being wielded by a man in power armor. With genetic enhancements.

Without a Powerpack to keep the armour from crushing him.

The coin hit Ambrosia in the shoulder. Mara smiled, but was frowning inside. She was running out of attacks, and she was dying. The two weren’t a good mix.

Taking out the knife in her shoulder, she tried to cover up the wound and threw the knife away. Ambrosia wasn’t making an attack, for some reason.

Mara looked back. Atticus was swinging a hammer down on Max. A hammer made of metal. Crawling to angle herself just right, Mara strained and tried to Push the hammer out of Atticus’ grip, or at least reduce the impact.

Max saw the forcefield go up, but he knew Atticus’ blow would still damage him. Atticus was aiming for the face. Bringing up his hands in front of his face, Max prepared to block the hammer and grab onto it. He was still maintaining his Riot.