Challenge of Champions [2v2]: Ambrosia/Atticus vs. Max/Mara

I think I am here.

Predictions and Thoughts!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this fight?

• Ambrosia/Atticus (Ark1002)
    • Max/Mara (Itiah)
  2. 2. Would you like to see more 2v2 battles?

Max and Mara entered the Arena of Valour, both marvelling at the grandness of it. They were using it officially for the first time in 16 years, and the crowd was wild.

Max had his Shardplate helm up, while Mara kept it closed. They still were new to having the armour, but they’d practised enough with Master Sheonar to know the basics.

“It’s looks cooler in person, doesn’t it?” Mara whispered to Max.

“Absolutely. Can you believe Rashan himself fought here? Master Sheonar too.”

“They don’t call it the Challenge of Champions for nothing.”

“I guess so. How do you think we’ll go?”

“Who knows? Have you seen our opponents?”

“Nah, just heard their names. Did you know one of their last names is Nightshade?”

“That’s so cool.”

“I know. And the other guy’s last name is Voidlight. That’s rusting awesome!”

The twins shut up as the announcer spoke over the fabrial loudspeakers, announcing the fighters:

Welcome to the duel! This is a 2v2 duel, so Ark has two characters and I have two as well. Let’s see our fighters:

Ambrosia/Atticus (Ark1002)

Spoiler

Name: Ambrosia Nightshade

Investiture: Pewter misting (thug), steel ferring (steelrunner), Rithmatist, first heightening

Weaknesses: Self-confident, has trouble taking things seriously, and very rash. Doesn't trust people from worlds she deems dangerous, she believes there upbringing will make them "evil" or "bad". Can't kill anyone she knows personally.

Equipment: Two metalmind earrings, two metalmind bracers, and a belt with different chalks (all black or red) and vials of pewter. A Sentinels coat, two sentinel electro shock hammers, one sentinel gun. Gemheart that allows teleportation, silver coated dagger with aluminum coated under, and steel inside, can be inserted with chalk, poison, or have chalklings drawn inside. Tip can retract to open the compartment.

Hide contents
   Hide contents
   Hide contents

0001419_damascus-dragons-tooth-dagger_550.jpeg.9d1963ba00a8c5193b25bfae76639fb6.jpeg5b7367bcc13fe_SentinelArmor!!!.png.24ec0988de5dddba529adb35c32cf039.png.32581ba3876648c108251c2fd900a287.pngWeapon_electro_hammers.png.91dff13a966a16466015530cefda2560.png.2d4ad11da5f51eae591f33c0db4454a5.pngWeapon_tonfa_guns.png.f637ffca9006b510490154e369f6e227.png.289a44b3678b47ec587a51e3468c64e6.png

Appearance: Long white hair, red and black coat, red helmet that can be summoned and desummoned like a shardblade. One violet eye, one dark brown.

Hide contents
   Hide contents

5b74ebd55dd04_Screenshot2018-08-14at4_59_05PM.png.0a6f0e914871b37adb6c8990faadca16.png

Home planet: Roshar/Scadrial

History: She was born on Roshar and lived there for two years, had vague memories of trying to catch floating creatures, and a huge shelled thing she rode. Then her father, Anthony Nightshade (Hellbent) moved them to scadrial. She lived there until she was seven, when her house burned down. Her father left, promising to return. Half a year later she discovered he was dead. She went to his funeral, where they told her about the alleyverse, and gave her a piece of a gemheart, which allowed teleportation. Began by exploring the cosmere, going to Roshard, Sel, Threnody, Nalthis, Taldain, and the First of the Sun. She later went to the United Isles, where she became a Rithmatist. After a few years going to school and learning Rithmatics, she went back to the alleyverse, and decided to become part of a group. She chose the sentinels. In recent times Ambrosia has become obsessed with the idea of the boundless worlds, and wants to explore them. She hates her father, because she learned how evil he was. Her one regret was that she wasn't the one who killed him.

Name: Atticus Voidlight

Investiture: Oclulator, Spike through one eye granting both steelpushing and ironpulling

Weaknesses: Has trouble thinking for himself, is overly cruel, and doesn't think highly of himself

Equipment: Red power armor with plates of Hellbent's old armor (blood red with voidlight vein patterns) fused in on the arms, hands, legs, and feet. Hellgun, large collection of oculators lenses: Educators lenses, Voidstormers lenses, Shokers Lenses, transporters lenses Shamefillers lenses, warriors lenses, torturers lenses, shatterers lenses, oculators lenses, flamebringers lenses, bestowers lenses. Because he only has one eye, he has a spare of each.

Space Marine Abilities:

Hide contents

Hide contents

5b762ef396c77_Screenshot2018-08-16at7_10_30PM.png.3c8a0718988c52c5ba49e47988b13f0b.png5b762efe21d7e_Screenshot2018-08-16at7_10_56PM.png.3d8bc191f8c007794b30a6eb8a1fca93.png5b762f045f87a_Screenshot2018-08-16at7_11_15PM.png.aff4454ed4ff2ae87d0f6b08c6512a85.png5b762f834aa14_Screenshot2018-08-16at7_13_12PM.png.58adf30c05c977991833f7f44652fc80.png5b762facdbfc0_Screenshot2018-08-16at7_14_57PM.png.cc4ab12c6bd42ee2f770a0d06d0fa8db.png

Appearance: He has midnight black hair, one eye that he always keeps covered, a spike through the other, and tan skin covered in scars he got while in the Blood Radiants.

Homeland: The Hushlands

History: Grew up as the son of a librarian, he was a dark oculator. He eventually ran away, ending up, totally by accident, in the alleyverse. He joined a gang in the alleycity for a few years, then went to Roshar. He became part of the Blood Radiants, the people who worshipped Hellbent as the Dark Herald. He got a new surname there, Voidlight. He became the Head Priest at 14. A month later, he was called to Hellbents funeral. He was given a set of red armor with voidlight veins. He left immediately, setting out to explore, and find a new purpose in life. He arrived after a while at the boundless worlds, where he met the now truebreeding constructs. He walked to the third of the five realms, the realm where Titan had his castle. As he strode up to the entrance two small figures burst out of the front of the palace, a small Kolossal boy, and a small girl that looked like Titan as a female child, with different patterns of gold and black, and a different build. Titan, the lord of the area, burst out of the front door, stooped, picked up the two giggling children. Atticus poked him in the highest place he could reach, about at his knee. He asked if they would give him steelsight. They spiked him with a spike through the eye that had been an allomantic iron spike and an allomantic steel spike melted together. He left, but promised to return eventually. At fifteen he decided to join the Black Crusade, and became one of them, a space marine. He helped in there war against the chaos marines, with his vacations in the boundless worlds.

Max/Mara (Itiah)

Spoiler

Max

Name: Max. No last name

Investiture: A-Zinc, F-Nicrosil Twinborn. A Rioter and a Soulbearer.

Weakness: Freezes up at the sight of Hemalurgy. Heavily traumatised by the Hemalurgic monsters of the Seven Day War. Also, gets cold very easily.

Special Skills: Due to his Twinborn combination, Max can store his allomantic power in his nicrosil-mind, burning his metal and storing the power. Then, at a later date where he might not have Zinc, Max can draw upon his storage.

By storing up his allomantic power, he can also utilize some interesting effects, becoming a weaker Rioter for a couple days and tapping that to become a stronger one. He uses this ability often, saving up a lot of zinc. He can also supertap his nicrosil-minds, expending all of the stored zinc in one go, being able to reach beyond duralumin levels of rioting. Often supertaps.

Weapons: Max carries and is highly proficient in wielding a long wooden staff, with an aluminium core. A hidden wooden button in the staff also triggers a spring which pops out two small detractable alumium blades on either side of the staff. Also carries a glass knife as a memento, sometimes uses it.

Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes, well built for a 24 year old. Slightly shorter than average, but not by much. Often dresses in trousers and a grey fluffy coat.

Family: Doesn't remember any of his family, except for his twin sister, Mara, who he grew up with. Only very faintly remembers his mother's face.

Home: Doesn't know, but guesses it was Scadrial. Raised from 8 in the Alleyverse, though.

Personality: Shifts regularly. Sometimes patient, sometimes impatient, sometimes serious, sometimes humorous. It's not a disorder or anything, he just varies a lot. Loves his sister, though.

History: Doesn't know much, but thinks they were born on Scadrial. Raised in the Alleyverse from age 8, parents were just civilians who died in the Seven Day War, almost died themselves, but were saved by Rashan Caer. Snapped on that day, too, unlocking their Allomancy. Grew up and was raised by Devaan Sheonar.

Mara

Name: Mara. No last name.

Investiture: A-Steel, F-Nicrosil. A Coinshot and a Soulbearer.

Weakness: Highly protective of her brother, despite being the same age. Doesn't freeze up with Hemalurgy, but absolutely despises it. Also traumatised by the Seven Day War, not as much as Max. Also very forgetful, and prone to break things when angry.

Special Skills: Due to her Twinborn combination, Mara can store her allomantic power in her nicrosil-mind, burning her metal and storing the power. Then, at a later date where she might not have Steel, Mara can draw upon her storage.

By storing up her allomantic power, she can also utilize some interesting effects, becoming a weaker Coinshot for a couple days and tapping that to become a stronger one. She can also supertap her nicrosil-minds, expending all of the stored steel in one go, being able to reach beyond duralumin levels of steelpushing. Mara rarely supertaps, mostly only increasing her steelpushing double or triple rather than thousandfold.

Weapons: Two thin obsidian short-swords. which she duel-wields often (Google a wakizashi to see what I mean length-wise). She also keeps a decorated aluminium knife, just in case, though she is not as good at knife-fighting as her brother. She also utilises a bunch of small metal as projectiles, most notably small daggers and coins.

Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes. Hair is long, put in a ponytail. Lean. Average size for a 24 year old. Often dresses in trousers and a regular shirt, occasionally a coat.

Family: Does not remember any family, save for her twin brother, Max, who she grew up with. Very faintly remembers her mother's voice, singing a lullaby. 

Home: Doesn't know, thinks it was Scadrial, though she is raised from 8 in the Alleyverse.

Personality: Creative and upbeat, makes jokes often. Relaxed, only shows real worry when her brother is in danger. Tries to think of interesting ways to use her powers, very strong hate of Hemalurgy. Loves her brother.

History: Doesn't know much, but thinks they were born on Scadrial. Raised in the Alleyverse from age 8, parents were just civilians who died in the Seven Day War, almost died themselves, but were saved by Rashan Caer. Snapped on that day, too, unlocking their Allomancy. Grew up and was raised by Devaan Sheonar.

Would anyone like to volunteer as a Mediator for this battle? It may take slightly more effort as this is a 2v2 battle as opposed to a regular 1v1

@Ark1002

Edited by Archer

I can mediate.

EDIT:

I’m the mediator. Please don’t attack me. If you do, I'll sic a mime on you.

A few housekeeping details:

Any interference or assistance by any outside parties will not be tolerated.

I will refer to I think I am here. as Itiah. I will refer to Ark1002 as Ark.

Each character has 100 HP. When attacked, they lose HP. When they reach 0 HP, they fall unconscious. They are no longer able to participate in the duel (even if you try to heal them, it will be impossible until the fight is over). Since this is a 2v2 battle, I’ve decided to make it so that a character dies when they reach -10 HP. They will automatically lose 1 HP for every round they spend unconscious. So, you have the opportunity to win without killing, and to surrender before anyone dies.

Normally, the first person to have zero, or less than zero HP, would lose. But since this a 2v2 battle, a team has to have no one standing to lose. For example, if Max dies, but Mara is still going, then Itiah hasn’t lost yet. If Max and Mara die, and at least one of Ark’s characters is still up, then Itiah loses.

You both have a reasonable number of stored attributes (speed etc.) and supplies (bullets, stormlight etc.), but please try not to use much more than the other person does.

Remember, none of you are telepaths, so unless you signal your partner, your characters won’t magically attack in a coordinated fashion. I’ll give you a lot of leeway with this though. I will work under the assumption that your characters understand basic signals, can take initiative, and work reasonably well together. Moves that could have been conceivably practiced in advance are fine too. But avoid pair attacks that are super-specific to the circumstances. There is no way Max can wink at Mara and she’ll know that he’s about to do a double-summersault as a distraction, so she can stab the weak point in their opponent’s armour he just saw. Try and be as realistic as possible.

EDIT: *Realizes they're twins* Max and Mara can get away with being a bit more synchronized.

If you choose to forfeit, put it in a quote box. Everything said outside of a quote box will be considered suspect.

I'm only human. Surprise! I’m not an expert in everything Brandon has written. I’ll do my research if I’m unsure about something, but I might still make mistakes. If I do, please tell me. A good example of me messing up was during the last duel I mediated. I allowed Rashan to make his arm go at super speed while the rest of his body remained still. I’ve since found a WoB that said that shouldn’t be possible, but I didn’t know that at the time. So, if you’ve got a WoB or some other source to help me out when you’re attempting non-cannon actions, I’d love to see it.

When you attack, try to only say the attack and its intended effect. (eg. DO say: I stab at his leg to cut it off. DO NOT SAY eg. I stab his leg and cut it off.) The defendant should respond with the effect. I’m here to make sure that it is fair. If it is too little, I’ll step in and add some damage.

If you have any attacks or defenses that require preparation in advance, tell me in a spoiler box so I know your response is reasonable. 

After every attack and response, I’ll tabulate the damage. (I’m going to try to keep to this posting order)

Eg. Ark attacks.

Itiah defends, attacks.

Archer lists the damage of Ark’s attack.

Ark defends, attacks by cutting off Itiah’s leg.

Archer lists the damage of Itiah’s attack, then comments that Ark would be unable to cut off Itiah’s leg, so Archer changes the attack to a deep cut.

A NOTICE TO OUR FANS: Enjoy the show, but please don’t interfere. Put all your comments in a different colour (in-character comments by people in the audience), or a quote box (out-of-character comments). Thank you.

Edited by Archer

Atticus smiles and walked from the waiting room onto the field. He pulls the helmet on. Let's do this.

Ambrosia followed her adopted 'brother' onto the field, fingering her Sentinel robes. Am I prepared to risk death for Eggnog? She considered this. Yes. Yes I am.

They stood side by side on the field, waiting for the duel to start.

Fangblade trotted over to the arena. He'd never seen a duel before, but had been told that they usually only included two people, while this one included four. He shoved through the crowds of people to get a good vantage, a seat near the arena, but far enough away that any flying coins- or bodies- wouldn't likely hit him. 

I've mediated duels with Itiah before. Since he's on the other side of the world, he usually posts at night (for me). So, I'm going to let Ark start this duel. 

NOTE TO THE COMPETITORS (ITIAH AND ARK): Please don't open any spoiler tags I post. Their contents are for the benefit of the audience, and would provide an unfair advantage to you. For example, the below spoiler tag contains my scoring strategy (to keep things transparent. If you're an observer, feel free to give it a read through). 

Spoiler

I like to quantify things. So, here's my notes on the contestants and the damage of attacks. And yes, Ark's characters have the clear advantage. The nature of their weaponry, amount of investiture, and equipment makes them the obvious favourites to win. What was that Indiana Jones quote? You just brought a knife to a gun fight. Unless Max uses his Rioting aggressively and often, then they use their superior speed to avoid being roasted by those laser guns, this fight will be over very quickly. Normally I'd interfere to make this a fair fight, but this is a part of the plot (kind of) so it's not my place to change things. The power level of a space marine is just too much. Despite my prediction, I'll try my best to be a fair mediator. But if I make a bad judgement, call me out on it! 

Ambrosia: Pewter misting, Steelrunner, Rithmatist (a few years of training), First Heightening

Equipment:

Two metalmind earrings, two metalmind bracers. One speed unit is a run (12 km/hr) for one minute. Earring have 25 each, bracers have 75. Depleted faster due to weight of equipment.

Belt with different chalks. 200 uses total

Vials of pewter. 5*(5 minutes of heavy use).

A Sentinels coat

Two sentinel electro shock hammers = 6C damage

One sentinel gun = 15 - 40

Gemheart that allows teleportation (It travels instantaneously, and a short cool down, maybe 10 seconds. It would be hard to use well in a fight, as it would be disorienting for the user unless they are very experienced, which Ambrosia isn't.)

Silver coated dagger with aluminum coated under, and steel inside, can be inserted with chalk, poison, or have chalklings drawn inside. Tip can retract to open the compartment. Minus two to dagger efficiency since the compartment makes it weaker.

Red helmet that can be summoned and desummoned like a shardblade. Doesn’t stop blunt force damage, blocks piecing damage (three good hits should break it)

Atticus Voidlight: Oclulator, H- steel (steelpushing and ironpulling)

Weaknesses: Has trouble thinking for himself. Assume practiced with combo of Steelsight and normal vision, so no disorientation. Heavy equipment (armour, pack) makes him slow.

Equipment:

Red power armor with plates of Hellbent's old armor (blood red with voidlight vein patterns) fused in on the arms, hands, legs, and feet. 

Hellgun: Laser damage (automatic or single shot), has backpack power pack. 10 – 50 damage.

Lenses: Educators lenses, Voidstormers lenses, Shokers Lenses, transporters lenses Shamefillers lenses, warriors lenses, torturers lenses, shatterers lenses, oculators lenses, flamebringers lenses, bestowers lenses. Because he only has one eye, he has a spare of each. 20E damage.

Space marine abilities.

Max: A-Zinc, F-Nicrosil Twinborn. A Rioter and a Soulbearer.

Weakness: Freezes up at the sight of Hemalurgy. Watch for effect of seeing Atticus.

Special Skills: Due to his Twinborn combination, Max can store his allomantic power in his nicrosil-mind, burning his metal and storing the power. Then, at a later date where he might not have Zinc, Max can draw upon his storage. By storing up his allomantic power, he can also utilize some interesting effects, becoming a weaker Rioter for a couple days and tapping that to become a stronger one. He uses this ability often, saving up a lot of zinc. He can also supertap his nicrosil-minds, expending all of the stored zinc in one go, being able to reach beyond duralumin levels of rioting. Often supertaps. Enough for 3 supertaps (re: when Wax supertapped he used up almost all his reserves. Max has a higher capacity for storage though), or 12 normal uses, 25 low-level uses.

Long wooden staff, with an aluminium core. A hidden wooden button in the staff also triggers a spring which pops out two small detractable alumium blades on either side of the staff. Weaker blades since they pop out (like a swiss army knife vs a nail. The knife is more likely to snap off). Treat as club times two (re: length), sword.

Glass knife. Standard damage, 4B.

Mara: A-Steel, F-Nicrosil. A Coinshot and a Soulbearer. (has the same as Max’s special skill)

Two thin obsidian short-swords. which she duel-wields often Will break easily, so less force damage. Cutting damage = 7B*2

Aluminium knife. Standard.

Utilises a bunch of small metal as projectiles, most notably small daggers and coins. Standard.

Same amount stored as Max.

Update: Itiah tells me his two are in shardplate. I'll keep track of how many hits those take to make sure they break at a reasonable time. 

Also quote Max has lots of small metalminds. He has eight altogether, all over his body. He’ll commonly supertap them, which is why he has that many. They’re quite Invested though. Max stores a lot. (= 7-8 supers)

Mara has three metalminds. She keeps two of the large metalminds with one around each forearm, and her third metalmind is for emergencies and is a small ring.

Conventional Weaponry

Base damage. Modified based on armour, attack location, strength of attack (multiply).

Club = 4A (baseball bat swing)

Knife = 4B

Sword = 10C

Arrow = 7A (+ double blood loss damage)

Bullet = 15 – 40 (armour mod. must be considered)

Acid = 5B

Fire = 7C (infection won’t cause damage during the duel, so its effects are ignored)

Blood loss = 1n (where n is the number of rounds that have passed since the hit, only applies to major wounds)

Tumbles and falls = 0 - 8

Punches = 3C

Rithmatic Attacks:

Chalking: Attack (approx. damage of an aggressive rat) = 4A. Destroy with water, but acid’s better.

Need specific commands. Hard to outrun, tireless. Strength via realism. If they’re small enough to fit in a knife, they’re probably weaker but ore plentiful. Same net damage.

Line of Forbiddance: Hitting at speed = 4B

Coppermind on Rithmatics has good resources on strength and timing.

Line of Revocation: can interact with non-chalk (damage of arrow) = 7A

Allomantic Attacks

Coin = 3A

Dagger (Pushed) = 5C

Push (push body into a wall) = 4B (increases depending on the amount of force used)

One last thing. It is my opinion that Ambrosia (as a character) could not have the ability to control chalkings without written commands like Melody does. The odds of someone (who was born on Roshar) being a twinborn are very low. The odds of foreigner being a rithmatist are very low. Both? Super low. And having an ability that only one person has ever had*? So unlikely it's impossible. That's the way I'm going to call it. 

*I suppose there could have been others with Melody's ability to control chalklings that we don't know about. But one in a billion is about the same odds as two in a billion.

Edited by Archer

Thanks!

*realizes I forgot to start the battle*

Suddenly, a voice began to boom from a concealed loudspeaker. The crowd hung on the man's every word. "Ladies and gentlemen! Gals and guys! Welcome to the Canton of Combat's two versus two duel! It's a battle between two pairs of people! Shout-out to our sponsor, the Tautology Club! Let's get this party staaaaaaaaarteeeeeeeed! Go!"

The stadium spotlights highlighted the competitors. It was showtime. 

I'll stick with the ability, but I won't use it for this duel. What is the arena like? Standard gladiator or does it have obstacles and stuff?

As the order to start came, Ambrosia crouched in a dramatic pose, for the audiences sake, and began scribbling on the ground, making a defensive circle with intricate chalklings in the form of monkeys. She also started drawing forbidance lines. She hoped that Atticus realized what she was trying to do. Play it safe, we can trap them. If you attack now, I will be defenseless, and you will be on your own.

Atticus rushed forward, power surging through him from his power armor and his implants, and pulled out his Hellgun. He rushed forward and shot the blast at Mara, right at her heart, at the same time also using his Torturers lense on her. Oh, Voidus. I'm doing it. The same as what It did to me. Using the torturers lense. But I HAVE to win. For glory.

Let's say it's a circular arena that's the diameter of a hockey rink's length. There are fifteen-foot high stone walls all around you, above them on comfortable seats are the cheering audience members, like Fangblade (can dogs cheer?). Along the wall, at regular intervals, are industrial strength spotlights made of steel. The ground is uneven. In the middle, most of the surface is a hard, compact dirt. The middle is the highest point (by a few feet), it slopes downward as it gets closer to the edge. But around the edges there are boulders the size of tables and some smaller rocks of various sizes. There, the dirt gives way to gravel and large slabs of limestone. If you were to dig below the arena, you'd find some hidden tunnels carved into the rock. There are some weeds in the arena, mostly grass and moss, but nothing large enough to hide behind. There is very little water, only a few puddles pooled around some of the larger boulders. The arena is well lit because the roof (fifty feet above you) is made of a strong glass imported from Alcatraz Earth. Between the spotlights and the sunlight coming in, you can see everything very clearly. 

The contestants entered on opposite sides of the arena. They are within shooting range of each other and can hear each other speak (if they're loud enough). But if they wanted to take a slapshot, they would probably miss.

Fang reared onto his hindquarters and howled proudly. Several cheering humans near him cut off their yells in the wake of his superior encouragement, his howl fluctuating to form a long cheer that sounded somewhat like he was saying Atticus's name. That was, after all, who he was cheering for. 

Apparently so.

Mara looked towards the 2 opponents. She assumed Ambrosia was the woman, and the armoured man would be Atticus. Well, Mara was armoured too. She could take him on, right?

Suddenly, the woman crouched and started drawing stuff on the ground, and the armoured man charged, bringing up a large gun and firing it at Mara.

Oh, rust.

Mara twisted to the side, attempting a dodge. She felt the force of the blast graze her armoured arm, hitting the Shardplate. She hadn’t been ready. Mara made a note not to be taken by surprise again.

Looking towards the large gun, Mara focused her steel, and Pushed on the gun. She didn’t tap her metalmind, but she hoped the Shardplate would add significant weight to her Push. She focussed, trying to Push it out of her opponents hands.

Suddenly Mara felt immense pain blossom in her heart and fell on one knee.

Max hastily turned his head at Mara, who was curling up in a ball. He was fairly sure she was screaming in the Shardplate. Rust.

Max sprinted at the attacker in his Shardplate, his steps making imprints on the hard floor. As he ran, he concentrated, and Rioted Mara’s sense of determination, happiness, and courage. He tapped his nicrosil reserves, enhancing the Riot, and looked back towards the attacker.

He was armoured too. As Max ran, he suddenly leaped at the attacker (Atticus, he thought), smashing into him. He hoped the bulk and weight of his Shardplate could send the duo to the ground.

Night excitedly entered the Arena. His father had talked once about the legendary duels he had attended, and while he never liked to talk of matters within the Alleyverse, the duels were something that always lit his husk of a body up. As soon as Night had heard about the duel, he had requested to the Ghostblood Council that he attend it since he was the Ghostblood Representative.

Night looked around, not seeing any other Ghostbloods except Fang. He walked over and sat next to the dog, smiling. He wondered silently if Fang liked being scratched, and if the Ones Above(Night was raised on Drominad, remember; so 'ones above' is not breaking the 4th wall(but this is)) would discreetly give Night some way of reading Fang's opinion on the matter. @AxeliustheGreat

Edited by PrinceDusty

That blast would have damaged Shardplate, read the link in my description.

Atticus laughed as the younger man tackled him. He didn't seem to get how strong he was. Power Armor lended more strength to the wearer then plate, and he had physical enhancements without it. He grabbed the man and flipped him on his back, then, smiling, he switched the target of the torturers lense to him.

Ambrosia looked up, covered in dust. Atticus was fighting with the man, and the woman seemed incapacitated. He's good at this. Even if he is completely an idiot when it comes to strategy. She stood up, dusted herself off, and shot a line of revocation at the woman lying on the ground, a line that would hurt her.

Edited by Ark1002
BitBitio

Silphio flew into the arena from above, taking a seat next to Devaan and Astiel. They were both eating chouta. Silphio bought some more from the snack stand, also ordering egg-nog for the ghostbloods he saw cheering for Atticus.

"WOOO! GO MAX & MARA! YOU GOT THIS!" Devaan yelled. He always got excited watching his pupils duel. Silphio smiled at his overeager teacher.

"Max! Good luck out there! Mara! give em' hell!" Silphio called out.

Astiel kept eating his chouta. He was interested in the duel, but wasn't rooting for anyone. Silphio couldn't get a read on the guy.

Edited by Archer

15 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Atticus laughed as the younger man tackled him. He didn't seem to get how strong he was. Power Armor lended more strength to the wearer then plate, and he had physical enhancements without it. He grabbed the man and flipped him on his back, then, smiling, he switched the target of the torturers lense to him.

Ambrosia looked up, covered in dust. Atticus was fighting with the man, and the woman seemed incapacitated. He's good at this. Even if he is completely an idiot when it comes to strategy. She stood up, dusted herself off, and shot a line of invocation at the woman lying on the ground, a line that would hurt her.

Line of REvocation.

Atticus: 100 HP

Ambrosia: 100 HP

Max: 100 HP

Mara: 90 HP

Reasoning: 

Action: Atticus advanced, fired Hellgun at Mara's heart, used Torturer's lens on her.

The wording of Itiah’s response confused me for a bit. Then I realized what had hit her in the heart was the Torturer’s lens attack. Atticus picked a good target, if you’re going to damage a muscle, the heart’s the most debilitating. If I recall correctly, five seconds does permanent damage. But you have to maintain eye contact with the place you’re attacking, so when Mara Pushed (and thus both of them moved) his aim would have been thrown off. I’d estimate that between the Push and the attack ending when Max tackled Atticus, the lens was focused on her for two to three seconds. Max’s rioting would negate the effects of shock, allowing her body to recover better than it normally would. And the armour’s aons help calm her. - 10 HP (but it significantly increases her risk of heart problems for the rest of her life if she doesn't get that healed)

While the Hellgun fires quickly, it would be easy to anticipate Atticus’ plan to attack with it. Mara’s partial dodge was reasonable. The gun fires a laser, but Mara and Max have interesting armour mods. The blast’s effect would be limited to blunt force damage (negated by the armour, since it's still in pretty good condition it can do that), and wouldn’t destroy the plate, merely crack it. 

Action: Max tackled Atticus. 

Atticus was distracted shooting at Mara, so the attack would rattle him a bit. As for power armour being more powerful, Nohadon tells me that the suits the twins are wearing are actually an aonically enhanced hybrid armour (he gave me the specs in a PM). In my opinion, the armours of Atticus and Max are about the same, but Atticus does have genetic enhancements. With his ossmodula and other alterations, he should be able to survive being tackled. They'd both still end up on the ground, but no one would be hurt.

15 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Ark, please avoid dictating another character's actions. I'll let you off with a warning this time, but in future, watch how you word your sentences please. 'To flip him on his back' would be preferred. 

CORRECTION: Itiah, assume Ark meant 'line of revocation'. And remember that lines of vigor (and presumably revocation) refract. Given the distance that Mara and Ambrosia are from each other, and the uneven ground of varying substances, it's a very difficult shot to make. (Thanks for catching that @BitBitio!)

If someone gets hit by an attack that would instantly kill them, I'm going to lessen its effect to give them a chance to survive. eg. Make their HP -7 instead of -27. If someone is close to zero (eg. in the teens or tens) I'll probably just drop their score to zero instead of a negative value, even if it's unrealistic. You could attack somebody while they're unconscious to kill them faster than 1 HP/round, but I suspect it would be a better use of your time to deal with their partner first. The two v. two format makes it so I can't send healers in the moment someone dies, so I'm giving this system a try. We'll see how it goes.

Max squirmed as he and Atticus fell to the ground. The man’s armour was stronger than normal Plate. Still, Max’s armour was far from standard as well. As the two rolled in the dirt, Max Rioted the man’s sense of fear, his sense of hopelessness, and his sense of pain, hopefully enhancing greatly what was already there.

His Shardplate brimmed with energy. It felt like it was filled with power, like some sort of metalmind. Curious, Max tapped its Nicrosil reserves, and felt the extra power flow through him, further magnifying the Riot.

Suddenly, pain.

It hurt like hell, and Max felt his body ache and pain. He grunted, trying to fight it back, increasing the Riot he had on his opponent, but it didn’t work. Flailing around, swinging punches in all directions, Max screamed and increased the Riot to Duralumin levels. He was getting desperate.

Ow. Ow ow ow

Mara shakily stood up, feeling the pain dissipate as she wiped her uncomforts clean and scanned the arena for Max. Was he alright? Was he dead? Mara had told him duels were too dangerous but he hadn’t —

There. On the ground. Fighting the armoured man. Mara thought to rush in and attack but the Aons in her helmet calmed her and made her think rationally. Where was that other lady? Ambrosia?

Almost on cue, she saw the lady draw something on the floor and now a streak of red was snaking it’s way past the battle field to Mara. Hastily stepping to the side, she saw it take out a small chunk of rock in the arena wall. Ah, so that’s what she does.

She wasn’t Mara’s concern right now. That was Max, especially now that he was starting to scream and flail frantically. Taking a leap and closing the distance between her and Atticus, Mara held her ground and tapped her Nicrosilminds.

She’d stored steelpushing power for a while now, and tapping some of that now only served to double, triple, even quadruple her normal power with the Shardplate. Tapping it, she could Push things way heavier than her with ease.

Tapping Nicrosil and burning steel, Mara looked towards Atticus. His armour was mostly made out of metal. Yelling, Mara focused her steelpushing power and exerted all of it on Atticus. She hoped the sheer power would send him flying.

20 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Suddenly, painapples.

^ Fixed it for you. :D

Atticus: 100 HP

Ambrosia: 100 HP

Max: 77 HP

Mara: 90 HP

Reasoning:

Atticus blasted Max with the lens. Max didn't move out of the way, so Atticus will do some serious damage. (If I have to change this based on Atticus' response I will. If the Rioting causes him to break off the torture earlier than I assumed, then I'll alter the damage done.) Ark didn't specify if he was targeting a specific muscle or region of the body, so I'm going to assume he did small amounts of damage to a lot of different muscles. - 23 HP. 

As I mentioned earlier, the line Ambrosia shot was likely to miss. It's like bowling a ball across uneven ground, the changes in direction add up over the fifty or so meters they are apart from each other, causing it to go off-course. She needs to move closer to be more effective, or use chalkings (since they can adjust for movement). 

31 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

She’d stored steelpushing power for a while now, and tapping some of that now only served to double, triple, even quadruple her normal power with the Shardplate. Tapping it, she could Push things way heavier than her with ease.

Note: I interpret this as meaning quadruple.