Weirdness with a downvote

Shaggai

I tend to obsessively track which of my posts gets up-votes, and it is always strange when I suddenly jump up in rep points without anything new on my user page. People reread old Threads all the time, and some even go specifically through the posts on users reputation pages. I have myself done so on occasion, finding some of a users posts to be funny or insightful, only to read through his or her up-voted posts in want of more, all the while continuing to up-vote things I like.

I think this shows that the reputation system would work better if it showed the posts by when they were up/downvoted instead of by when it was written.

It isn't already? Then I agree.

I wouldn't mind a list of all the posts I've upvoted as well. I tend to upvote posts with good theories or more information, it would be a neat list to read over.

Also interesting might be to see a tally of all the upvotes I've given out - it would be interesting to see your upvotes given to upvotes received ratio, and compare it to that of others. You could see who gives out as many upvotes as they get, who gives more than they get, and who tends to ignore the rep system.

I wouldn't mind a list of all the posts I've upvoted as well. I tend to upvote posts with good theories or more information, it would be a neat list to read over.

Also interesting might be to see a tally of all the upvotes I've given out - it would be interesting to see your upvotes given to upvotes received ratio, and compare it to that of others. You could see who gives out as many upvotes as they get, who gives more than they get, and who tends to ignore the rep system.

There is a way to do this, but not without showing downvotes as well, which would obviously need to be secret.

True, but in an older version, we had a statistics tab which told us how many positive and negative reputation you gave. I liked it. I wonder if that mod is compatible with our current version... I thought there was a reason why I didn't implement it, but I dunno.