Can we make a chull ascend?

Toaster Retribution

Hemalurgy.  Spike in enough Mental capacity and maybe Identity to let them qualify as a Vessel.  Then Kill a Vessel...

Does a Larkin count as a Chull (both Rosharan land-crustaceans)?  For that you could probably just chuck one into the Dor and wait for the thing to grow into a crustacean Kaiju.

9 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Does a Larkin count as a Chull (both Rosharan land-crustaceans)?  For that you could probably just chuck one into the Dor and wait for the thing to grow into a crustacean Kaiju.

If it does then chasmfiends are also chulls, and that word seems to take for them.

We'd also have to give it a bunch of that Connectio Juice Kelsier had. I wonder what Shard we should give it?

13 minutes ago, Gray to said:

We'd also have to give it a bunch of that Connectio Juice Kelsier had. I wonder what Shard we should give it?

I guess it depends on how a self-aware animal would interpret the intents. For example, if Preservation was still around, the chull might just continue living it's normal life, albiet in an immortal super form, as it might see preservation as synonymous with survival.

2 hours ago, Fanghur Rahl said:

I dunno about a chull, but we do know that Honor’s Perpendicularity moves, and we also know that at one point Lift sees Hoid cheerfully jump into a greatshell’s mouth... greatshells are mobile, Honor’s Perpendicularity is mobile... mind = blown! :o:D

I feel like there's a logic fallacy in there somewhere. But, then again, Hoid was crazy enough to go through the Well while Ruin was still there, so I suppose it's possible.

6 minutes ago, HSuperLee said:

I feel like there's a logic fallacy in there somewhere. But, then again, Hoid was crazy enough to go through the Well while Ruin was still there, so I suppose it's possible.

Dude, you do realize I was just joking, right? No, I do not actually believe that Honor's Perpendicularity is inside of an ascended marine greatshell. lol.

What if we (Sixth of Dusk Spoilers):

Spoiler

Find a creature with enough mental capacity, like those of the mice on Patji, and convince it to do it.

Another thing we could do is establish a Connection to whatever creature we choose, give it Lerasium and make it Mistborn. Then get Harmony to, or figure out how to make it a Fullborn without Hemalurgy. Teach it to compound, kill a vessel, and let the creature ascend.

I like the larkin idea. Give it a connection to the Dor, then see what it becomes. Or hemalurgically steal the larkin's ability and then make a race of humans that can consume investiture in a similar fashion and then travel to the Dor.

18 hours ago, Kaj said:

What if we (Sixth of Dusk Spoilers):

Hide contents

Find a creature with enough mental capacity, like those of the mice on Patji, and convince it to do it.

Another thing we could do is establish a Connection to whatever creature we choose, give it Lerasium and make it Mistborn. Then get Harmony to, or figure out how to make it a Fullborn without Hemalurgy. Teach it to compound, kill a vessel, and let the creature ascend.

I like the larkin idea. Give it a connection to the Dor, then see what it becomes. Or hemalurgically steal the larkin's ability and then make a race of humans that can consume investiture in a similar fashion and then travel to the Dor.

Spoiler

Lol my favorite is the meekers. Mostly because of the chaos that would ensue after they Ascend, when they fulfill their mandate to attack others.                              “He hesitated, thoughtful. Had they perhaps seen something from the company wreck? Point him in the right direction. Have you seen any others? Dusk sent them. Recently? In the jungle?

Bite others! came the reply”

I made a funny!

- master splinter tmnt credits

on a more philosophical note...

Spoiler

i feel we would be creating another parshmen scenario. Here we taking a creature with limited awareness humans use as a slave, and then all of a sudden it is ‘awakened’ by whatever means-  and given an awesome amount of power...

Edited by Straight_Outta_Arrakis

• Chaos locked this topic