I really want to see the characters from Emperor's Soul again!

Shai is around at Cosmere-wide level.

But I am not too hopefully to see others from the TES's cast... Most of them are quite old in the book.

By the way, as far as we know Elantris 2-3 could happen before TES... Indeed is actually likely.

But we could hear about the Emperor himself. After all, also if Sel Empires try to ignore each others... An emperor's actions have wide ramifications

I was too fast in my statement, I found this.

Aleesha (paraphrased)

Will Shai have a role in the next Elantris books?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Yes she will have a role in the future Elantris books or at least a cameo in them if not.

source

So something of her will be in the future Selish books

We already have, the Imperial Fool :)

But yeah Brandon has said again and again that he doesn't want to do a sequel and ruin how well the first one worked, but he's also said again and again that we will see Shai in cameos. e.g.

Questioner

You mentioned that you're not doing another Emperor's Soul book. I wanted to know, what would or did happen if [Shai] ever tracks down the Imperial Fool?

Brandon Sanderson

So, you might see her again in books. She did eventually track him down. So, I might include her in books. I won't write a sequel story to Emperor's Soul, but you have not seen the last of Shai. You will see cameos. And it's entirely possibly I will sneak one into a book somewhere, or something like a scene. She did eventually track him down.

source

But there weren't many other characters and without a sequel I can't see any of them becoming significant enough to appear again, unless maybe in the Elantris sequels.

It's sort of disapointing that there will not be a prequel or sequel (or both) with her in it, but I am glad that Brandon Is aware of her popularity among some people and that he does plan on keeping her around.  Thanks for the information (from the last few posters, I did not know any of this!)

• Chaos locked this topic