Archer

The Chat Thread

Era 5    29 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do in terms of plot?

• Attempt to follow FB's plan as much as we know it, led by Voidus, Zinc, and Kenod's characters
    • Expand the guilds fighting each other/Anarchist taking guilds down into the main plot
    • Continue RPing as we have been with smaller interactions and let anything that may happen arise naturally

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,202 posts in this topic

I feel like we should push it a little farther, but it's a little hard for me to do that because of Byron being a giant asterisk in everything. (Hopefully Poller and Aln can start talking... I should definitely have time tomorrow, if not today.)

Right Ash? You're gonna remember it this time? Right Ash? RIGHT?

:P

Edit: Aaaaaaaaand no context. YaAaY

Edited by Ashbringer

I don't really know. I have to admit I don't know much about the plot myself either, just Aylitha's task. I suspect that aside from FB Voidus might be the only one knowing all the details.

I'll go ask for more details.

Edit: random side note,

I find it hilarious that Coma called us an 'experience' :D

Ohh okay so it already started? I didn't realize the reality-wipe had already happened in RP. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I'm back from my new-baby hiatus and I'll work on catching up on everything that's been goin' down. Hope you're all enjoying coming down from the RoW book hangover like I am. :P I look forward to writing with you all again, and I'll be sure to check here at least a few times a week if anyone needs or wants me! I might even start making AV fanart again *gasp*. But that's only if Zinclet let's me have my arms free for long enough. She is a jealous mistress when it comes to attention. 

Have some cookies, on me! Free* allomancy for everyone!

*disclaimer applies

Hey, welcome back Zinc! Good to have you back. 

Good day/night to all of you!

I'm here to join you, if that ok? (And revive this thread while I'm at it)

I got a character approved. What next? I think I understand the general style of the Alleyverse, but I don't know where to go.

10 hours ago, Sambews said:

I got a character approved. What next? I think I understand the general style of the Alleyverse, but I don't know where to go.

Your character has not been approved by a mod yet, Ashbringer said she thought it was fine but as she said she's not a mod

As for how to start, if you're not joining a guild I guess you could have your character stumble on one of the plots

(also, I've just realized your character sheet didn't give your character's gender, if they don't have one it should be written)

13 hours ago, Sambews said:

I've approved you now. The current places where I believe you could interact with people are the Trader's Heaven and the Metallurgic Emporium, they're most active. The former is burning and the latter is a shop with some people inside. 

5 hours ago, mathiau said:

Your character has not been approved by a mod yet, Ashbringer said she thought it was fine but as she said she's not a mod

As for how to start, if you're not joining a guild I guess you could have your character stumble on one of the plots

(also, I've just realized your character sheet didn't give your character's gender, if they don't have one it should be written)

(Speaking of gender, Ashbringer be a he...)

Just now, Ookla Fell From The Sky said:

(Speaking of gender, Ashbringer be a he...)

(Sorry, I was sure I had read Female in your profile)

On 12/19/2020 at 1:10 PM, mathiau said:

(Sorry, I was sure I had read Female in your profile)

You might be thinking of Ashspren.

11 hours ago, Aon-CHRISTMAS-Ene said:

You might be thinking of Ashspren.

Ashspren is "not telling" though

Also, I know it's normally not the place for this but I'm the last post in character discussion. At how many point would you put "sumonable flaming sword"?

On 12/25/2020 at 0:44 PM, mathiau said:

Ashspren is "not telling" though

Also, I know it's normally not the place for this but I'm the last post in character discussion. At how many point would you put "sumonable flaming sword"?

Depends on the sword's properties, I guess?

20 minutes ago, kenod said:

Depends on the sword's properties, I guess?

Equivalent to a steel sword except not made of metal, can be summoned and dismissed like a shardblade with a cooldown of approximately "until next fight" if destroyed, the flames are about as hot as a torch and the user chose to only have them burning and some part of the sword and not others so she doesn't burn herself

A Shardblade would be an easy base point.

In the "into the dark" thread from era 4 Lita and Laurelai found a plant creating stormlight. @ZincAboutIt gave me the authorisation to use it in Era 5. I think it the kind of place that would have been taken by either the city's government or a merchant that would have made a business there, either harvesting light and selling it or making people pay so they get their light themself, I also think it would be a bad idea to reuse the into the dark thread for it and a completely new thread should be used, either just for the plant or for all the underground stuff there. What do you all think?

I think that's reasonable and agree that a new thread or the general Alleycity thread should be used. 

Is it possible for a character to become a returned in the alleyverse after death?

i have plans for when my main character dies...

Not if you get turned to mercury I assume

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

Not if you get turned to mercury I assume

Lord would not go like this.

Lord is the kind to kill themselves when they cant fight anymore.

or come up with a convoluted plan to look like they died but they actually didnt. this plan fails and they die.

the point is my character can't stop plotting

Endowment's not around, so it would probably be rather hard, since I don't think we know the exact mechanics of how she Returns people.

53 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Question: What's the Worldspike like this era? I assume it's guarded, but is it also hidden? I want to make sure I'm imagining the right thing before we move forward with planning.

I'm reposting this question here because I assume not everyone is reading the Metallurgic Emporium thread.

On a completely unrelated note, Brandon said nicrosil didn't work the way we though, it works like copper meaning all the cool thing we had our characters do with it don't actually work and it basically has no use beyond hiding yourself from an awakener's lifesense.