The Chat Thread

Archer

5 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Speaking of the fight, when that settles down, could we have some of Alythia's creatures attack Byron? I can write a post about him in a general Alleycity thread (or perhaps back in A Masked Dance). I have a few ideas that could bounce off of that. 

@kenod

Sure, can you ping me the next post he remembers stuff, and the one where you want me to attack?

Was not sure where to ask this.

I thinking about joining the alleyverse and was wondering if I were a dustbringer if I could use division at a range. Such as disintegrating a bullet before it hits me.

(If this is the wrong thread I will move it) 

Edit: When I say range I mean around a foot to a yard

Edited by Chasmgoat

Thanks

Edit: If I were at some ideal of an order would I have to add points for a shardblade I got through my spren?

Also, I am slightly confused about the math for ideals. I want to be third ideal dustbringer and I am not sure how points that is. (I am not sure what oaths the dustbringers need to take)

Edited by Chasmgoat

11 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

Thanks

Edit: If I were at some ideal of an order would I have to add points for a shardblade I got through my spren?

Also, I am slightly confused about the math for ideals. I want to be third ideal dustbringer and I am not sure how points that is. (I am not sure what oaths the dustbringers need to take)

Blade and Plate are included in the point cost for Radiants, so no extra costs. Not sure about the total point calculation though

48 minutes ago, Chasmgoat said:

Should I make up some oaths since dustbringer oaths have not been revealed?

any suggestions for oaths?

Hmm, Dustbringer Oaths normally are about responsibility and self-control, so maybe something like "I will take responsibility for my mistakes,"?

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

I believe Radiants are judged by their oaths, depending on what they are? Fellow mods, that's the policy, right?

When you create a Radiant you have to pay the points in the list and then we substract some for the oaths that you speak. Blade and Plate are included, but the oaths aren't as they are different depending on the order.

15 hours ago, Chasmgoat said:

Should I make up some oaths since dustbringer oaths have not been revealed?

any suggestions for oaths?

And yes, as we don't know the oaths of the Dustbringers, you will have to make them up.

I have one that goes along the lines of "fighting for what is right, even beloved people" and I am planning for the last one to be the classical "I will aceept bodily harm or death to fullfill my mission/ fight for the right cause" (don't go with that wording, that character is so far away from that oath, that it's still pretty vague).

Edited by Sorana

7 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Hi! Is the poll still open/ do we have a consensus on what is going on with the plot? I now have a bit more bandwidth to write and participate since the Zinclet is nearly 7weeks old now. :)

The poll is still open and I think at the moment it's very close.

I think it would be perfectly fine to run both plots, as there are enough people interested in the two of them. So if you're still up to leading the DA one a little forward, then feel free to do so ^_^

Hello everyone

I realize it's been 4 months since my last post on here, and I apologize for the lengthy unexplained absence. It's been a rough 4 months, but I can see the light at the endof the tunnel now, and I'm in a healthier mental place than I've been in since last year.

If people are agreeable, I'd like to continue with the plot for this era. It won't have to be very long, but I do have the majority of it planned out. 

That said, if people want to go with another plot or continue with someone else running the current plot, I completely understand.

Glad you're doing better! I'm definitely okay with that personally, can't speak for the other mods. If you and a couple other people led that and we had the other voted-for option as a side plot, I think things would work out. Everyone good with that?

• 5 weeks later...

Uhhhhh...

I'm not really the best person to ask, but I believe that people are partially starting to regain memories of the original timeline, but one of kenod's characters is doing their best to attack and "reprogram" anyone who remembers. We're doing FB's plot but FB himself hasn't been very active... and neither has almost everyone else.

Yeah, I'm not really sure what's going on with the main plot at the moment. The people running it haven't been very active, or very eager to give out information, so we're all just kind of waiting. My character's been regaining her memories, and hasn't been captured, but I haven't gotten any information on what I'm allowed to do with her now. And the person I was planning to RP with has just said that she'll be inactive for a while. So I'm not really sure what to do next. Should we try to push the plot?