The Chat Thread

Archer

Hmm, Aylitha would probably be various dark animal masks, probably distorted in some way to distinguish them from normal animals. For clothing, really simple black outfit, like basic dress or shirt and jeans, possibly a bit tattered, with a cheap-looking material (cheap as in stuff you'd find in old medieval villages, or just low-quality fabric, not cheap as what you'd find in party-goods store).

9 minutes ago, 18th Shard said:

I don't know that anyone would dress as the Counter of Time, but just in case, @Voidus how would one make a Metronome mask?

It should absolutely be an actual metronome set into a hood, kind of Cryptic-style. Or maybe a clock mask. XD I'm making myself laugh over here.

48 minutes ago, 18th Shard said:

but just in case, @Voidus how would one make a Metronome mask? (I know it is impossible to get anything quite so powerful as the Almighty Metronome, but...) :P

You seek to capture the essence of the all powerful Metronome in a simple mask!?! Have you no shame? No awareness of the extents of your own hubris!? :P
For historical accuracy he had a pretty plain, rounded face, not much distinctive about him. But a mask with some clock hands on it would probably be appropriate to capture the feel of it.

This was the impression I got from the plans and discussion I'd seen and been in:

It is a secret organization, but to almost anyone in the Alleycity, it's more of a legend, a story from myth. Not the gods or the heroes - think of something like the Seelie/Unseelie Court in Celtic mythology or aliens today - how likely would you think it is to find the fairies or the aliens? If you do decide to look into it, you are probably going to end up finding some groups of crazy people who claim to have had contact with them, with some flimsy 'proof'. There are tons of stories intertwined with 'actual' history some hundreds of years ago, but nobody believes that stuff really happened unless you are a conspiracy theorist. And I would think the Dark Alley supports that view since it allows them to do things less hindered. 

In other words, in the Stranger's [Soviet?] Alleyverse, you don't find the Dark Alley, the Dark Alley finds you. 

Spoiler

And then there is the secret secret organization of the Stranger and Voidus and Aylitha, who even the Dark Alley think are mythological. 

Edited by 18th Shard
Spelling

You know it's time to leave when you barely even notice an Era transition...

So goodbye Alleyverse, I guess. :\ I'm not exactly sure what went down, but I know there was some sort of timeline change or whatever. Should be pretty easy to write me out of it.

Maybe I'll return someday.

28 minutes ago, Emi said:

Hey is festival on 15may, when mew era starts?

OOC, I’m assuming yes. In-world we don’t use the Earth calendar, so I’m not sure which day it’s on (we should probably figure that out - sometime in the next month? I don’t remember what month it is after Witrosa lol). 

4 minutes ago, AonEne said:

OOC, I’m assuming yes. In-world we don’t use the Earth calendar, so I’m not sure which day it’s on (we should probably figure that out - sometime in the next month? I don’t remember what month it is after Witrosa lol). 

Ok^_^. I won’t help you with finding the month, sorry:wacko:

20 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Regarding the topic: I'm planning to post it on my morning of the 15th, which is around midnight for America and afternoon for Australia.

Does that work for everybody?

I’m Ok with it

59 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The month after Witrosa is Scholus,  since most of Era 4 happened on the 24th of Witrosa I guess we could say the Stranger needed ~a week to finish his work and the festival is in the first week of Scholus.

Talking about the calendar, in this timeline the TUBA reveal would probably be far less important than in the current one, definitely not enough to be the year 1 and day 1 of the calendar; it would make more sense to put the day Mac ask Voidus to seal the alleys in that place

22 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Regarding the topic: I'm planning to post it on my morning of the 15th, which is around midnight for America and afternoon for Australia.

Does that work for everybody?

That work for me :)

(by midnight she means the midnight between the 14th and 15th)

Past events involving Voidus, the Stranger, or the DA are either forgotten or changed to remembered as monsters from the void. Dark creature that are drawn to large sources of power. This is to try to prevent the guilds from growing to large and the DA from leaving the Alleys unnecessarily. 

As far as how much of Era 4 is remembered I think most all of it, except that the atrium was stolen by the DA, rather than agreed upon, since their existence is a secret.

8 minutes ago, Emi said:

Do we need to wear masks at festival?

Certainly not. Though, your character may end up looking conspicuous because they aren't wearing one. From what I can tell, the masking/costume aspect will be commonly held, so going without any kind of disguise could mark them out more obviously than otherwise.

5 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Certainly not. Though, your character may end up looking conspicuous because they aren't wearing one. From what I can tell, the masking/costume aspect will be commonly held, so going without any kind of disguise could mark them out more obviously than otherwise.

Thank you for advice^_^