The Chat Thread

Archer

So how is the Guild power reduction going to affect the Scholar's Guild? It's not super powerful now, but will there be any changes I have to make? 

Also, will the PlasmaCore plot have happened? And how drastic can character changes be?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm trying to figure how much to alter Aln's timeline.

On 26/04/2020 at 1:19 AM, Rushu42 said:

So how is the Guild power reduction going to affect the Scholar's Guild? It's not super powerful now, but will there be any changes I have to make? 

Also, will the PlasmaCore plot have happened? And how drastic can character changes be?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm trying to figure how much to alter Aln's timeline.

None that are mandatory other than their knowledge of events changing due to the events themselves changing. Other than that you only have to change what you want to.

I believe the Plasmacore incident is being removed in its entirety, but I could be mistaken. At the least it would have been drastically altered to be of smaller scale. Character changes can be as drastic as you want, some characters are swapping guilds entirely, opportunity for deceased characters to return, pretty much anything is technically possible.

Hello everyone! I'm getting excited for the new Era, I don't know about you all. Now, we've got the talented Fatebreaker working on the big, large-scale plot of Era 5 with the world shift and the re-spiking, but I've been wondering what the more tertiary "initial" plot is going to look like. What will everyone be doing with their time before realities begin warping and people start having mental breakdowns remembering alternate timelines? Will it be something similar to this Era, where we have a few side plots going that all eventually converge on a single point? Does anyone have any ideas for things they'd like to pitch as side plots or guild plots, etc? I know there are still some unknowns but the sooner we nail down what kinds of questions everyone has, the sooner we can find out the answers and get things smoothly running on the 15th! ^_^ 

I plan to become the boogeyman. :D

More seriously, I'm personally interesting in joining a more guild-central plot, but that will depend on what the guilds themselves want to do. Otherwise, I'll probably join in with whatever criminal enterprise will be organized.

I think it would be good to have events going that allow the different guilds to interact (whether that be competitively or unified). Maybe something like the Into the Dark plotline this era, where guilds are trying to get access to a resource, but without the stabilizing that happened this era because the DA is no longer so overly dominant. Then you would have guilds trying to get access to it, guilds trying to bargain for or steal resources, with alliances forming and shifting based on needs.

2 minutes ago, Arcc1002 said:

I plan on running a side plot with Darth, which we have previously brought up the sales pitch for. I can try and have it eventually interweave as necessary. 

Can you post a link? I can't seem to find it.

Just now, kenod said:

Can you post a link? I can't seem to find it.

Hmm, it might have been in the PM, actually.

Here's the general premise:

The Citadel, a city in today's alleyverse, is very different in this world. It is a sorta scrapyard, rusty metal, ruins, etc. Basically, any involved in this plot would be involved in one of two sides. The first side is being run by reverse world hellbent (who's different from what I've shown of current Hellbents), and is sorta like a bandit organization, known to go out and raid outlying settlements, etc. The other side is whatever group might try to rally against them, stop them.

More will go into this in time, and there is elements that are not being revealed yet for they directly tie into suspense and plot. However, if anyone wants to shape a character around this plot specifically, they can Pm me and I will be more then willing to reveal some deeper bits.

25 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Maybe it could be something like Carnival or a Founding Day for the city.

I like the idea of a Carnival-like holiday with people wearing masks/disguises - that might help with getting some interactions going. Perhaps more like the Roman Saturnalia, which might fit the theme of all the changes in this era (in Saturnalia, there was a lot of reversals in role and customs, with servants being served by masters, employees and servants being given free speech to criticize the actions of their leaders without repercussion, and some illegal activities, such as gambling, were allowed. They would also elect a King of Fools.)

Just now, 18th Shard said:

I like the idea of a Carnival-like holiday with people wearing masks/disguises - that might help with getting some interactions going.

Masked hijinks is always top of my list for fun plot ideas! I'm all for a "days of misrule" feel, that sounds like lots of fun, with lots of room for antics, capers, and other such plot-enhancing devices.

5 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

What will everyone be doing with their time before realities begin warping and people start having mental breakdowns 

There is never not a time when people are having mental breakdowns in the Alleyverse. :lol: 

TUBA should be joining the Internal Guild Conflict club as Storm leads it; it could definitely be something for people to get involved in in the lead-up to things breaking down. 

There was a conversation about holidays in the Discord server a while back, but I don’t know how many of those ideas would still be applicable with the changes. We do have a calendar though, so we could say something annually happens on xx day(s) of x month. (Realistically we’d have lots of holidays...maybe we should have that discussion sometime, just plan a lot of them for various times; maybe not decide when they all fall yet, so we could change it as plot demands, but what some are, at least.) 

6 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

I like the idea of a Carnival-like holiday with people wearing masks/disguises - that might help with getting some interactions going. Perhaps more like the Roman Saturnalia, which might fit the theme of all the changes in this era (in Saturnalia, there was a lot of reversals in role and customs, with servants being served by masters, employees and servants being given free speech to criticize the actions of their leaders without repercussion, and some illegal activities, such as gambling, were allowed. They would also elect a King of Fools.)

That is an awesome idea!

We could also simply claim it's something like new year's celebration, although I also like the foundation day idea a lot.

Edited by Sorana

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Foundation of Alleycity holiday? 

Something like that, yes.

With the masks maybe a symbol for the many different fractions that once lived there, that fought over control. Many names are forgotten, so people wear masks as a symbol.

Ooh, the celebration would make for an excellent opening for the next Era! The Stranger celebrating his "success" with the whole city. (Though no one would now he was there).

It could be called The Day of Rebirth, a symbolic holliday that for most marks the Summer equinox. The masks representing new identities is agregiously poetic and just the sort of thing the Stranger would throw in there.

9 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

It could be called The Day of Rebirth, a symbolic holliday that for most marks the Summer equinox. The masks representing new identities is agregiously poetic and just the sort of thing the Stranger would throw in there.

I like the idea of a Summer rebirth festival! Maybe it could act as a hybrid between your more typical Summer Solstice fairs, Halloween [via dressing up], and how we conceptualize New Year celebrations - the masks could indicate resolutions for the coming year, goals, aspirations, that sort of thing. Not required obviously, but it could be fun to add that in there as a "thing people do." 

Masked events are also awesome for any kind of subterfuge plots people want to do. Inter-guild snooping, criminal fun times, etc.

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

I like the idea of a Summer rebirth festival! Maybe it could act as a hybrid between your more typical Summer Solstice fairs, Halloween [via dressing up], and how we conceptualize New Year celebrations - the masks could indicate resolutions for the coming year, goals, aspirations, that sort of thing. Not required obviously, but it could be fun to add that in there as a "thing people do." 

Masked events are also awesome for any kind of subterfuge plots people want to do. Inter-guild snooping, criminal fun times, etc.

I love all that.

I'm hoping for all the celebrations to be at night, myself. Is that what others were viewing it as?

Just now, Arcc1002 said:

I'm hoping for all the celebrations to be at night, myself. Is that what others were viewing it as?

We could start off the "carnival" period at its beginning ceremonies maybe, with lots of pomp and anticipation. It could begin in the early evening around sunset. Light a big bonfire, then the fun begins! Everyone is in "inverted time" aka normal rules don't quite apply. Food and drink is rolled out, everyone dances and laughs, and then things can progress through an evening in the way that things do: raucously, and with much chaos :P 

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

We could start off the "carnival" period at its beginning ceremonies maybe, with lots of pomp and anticipation. It could begin in the early evening around sunset. Light a big bonfire, then the fun begins! Everyone is in "inverted time" aka normal rules don't quite apply. Food and drink is rolled out, everyone dances and laughs, and then things can progress through an evening in the way that things do: raucously, and with much chaos :P 

i like it that way. I think that the day might be more serious, a time of introspection, where everyone stays home, and then at night it all flips.