The Chat Thread

Archer

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

I believe we have a thread for that in this very subforum. (I love how he agrees without even knowing what it is. Brandon, you trusting man :P) Ele also asked whether there were bind points in the digestive tract, iirc. 

Yes there is :)

10 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Oh we've got some new people, how fun! Welcome, newcomers! I used to be on this subforum every waking second, my goodness, what has become of me? 

A mother, I guess

Hello :)

We are trying to determine a good time for the next era to start and would like to hear your throughts on the matter.

Are there any plots/ interactions you would like to wrap up, and if yes, how long do you think you'll need? If you are ready for the start of the new era, please let us know as well, so that we can get a feeling for the current mood.

Thank you!

I think the conversation Nnimm is in at the moment is probably flexible and then I'm just going to have them wander over to the Scholar's Guild. That won't take long if everyone's still around over there, like a couple days, but they're not involved in anything yet so I'm just kind of winging it. I don't know what's coming up, is there anywhere to read about it or is the buildup spread through the recent threads?

2 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

I think (and @Sorana chime in if you think differently) Mike and Xanas could wind up whenever necessary. I vote go ahead with the Fatebreaker Era.

I agree. Actually it would be interesting to have them experience it where they are.

3 hours ago, SingingMosaic said:

I think the conversation Nnimm is in at the moment is probably flexible and then I'm just going to have them wander over to the Scholar's Guild. That won't take long if everyone's still around over there, like a couple days, but they're not involved in anything yet so I'm just kind of winging it. I don't know what's coming up, is there anywhere to read about it or is the buildup spread through the recent threads?

There is a little buildup spread through the recent threads, but it's mostly hidden. We agreed on Fatebreaker's idea to respike the world. So certain events won't have happened, and in general everything will look differently (very short version). If you want to, you could also edit your character, like change their power and things like that, but you don't have to. The main idea was, to find out what happened, and try to undo it.

Other plot ideas, especially for sideplots are of course always welcome. This event can cause a lot of different things, so if you have any idea, feel free to post it.

Hmmm. I feel something simmering on one of the shadowy back burners of my brain, I'll sleep on it and music on it for a couple of days. It's to do with how the character senses the world but as it falls into place I'll put it forward and see if any ideas spawn off of it. Does it have to be ready by the time the plot starts?

@Voidus and I should probably finish our conversation with Fatebreaker but once that happens we could probably skip forward as needed to the era change - what say you Voidus? At least when it comes to Lita, I’ve got a basic idea for what I’m going to change. Poor thing is going to have a massive chunk of her mind edited, that should be fun :P 

Edited by ZincAboutIt

Hmm, depending on where Ark's thread is I'd personally like to see if we can wrap that one up before the change, but if we do that it can't last for too much longer, or we'll be holding up everything else, which will cause trouble. We might also want to discuss a few side-plots for Era 5 too, so we have something to start off with.

As for plots, maybe we could have a smaller-scale guild conflict? The drops in general guild power should allow for a sub-plot focusing on it without the conflict destroying the entire city, instead having it more in the background, with small-scale clashes, perhaps also with the guilds hiring mercenaries/muscle because they don't have much in the way of soldiers, which would also give an excuse for characters who aren't officially involved with the reductions in guild power to get involved.

Also, as a question for the guild leaders, would it be possible to have characters switch guilds for the duration of this? I have a couple characters who'd work quite well in different guilds while this is going on.

14 hours ago, Sorana said:

I agree. Actually it would be interesting to have them experience it where they are.

There is a little buildup spread through the recent threads, but it's mostly hidden. We agreed on Fatebreaker's idea to respike the world. So certain events won't have happened, and in general everything will look differently (very short version). If you want to, you could also edit your character, like change their power and things like that, but you don't have to. The main idea was, to find out what happened, and try to undo it.

Other plot ideas, especially for sideplots are of course always welcome. This event can cause a lot of different things, so if you have any idea, feel free to post it.

Would any of that affect people outside of the alleyverse? Or resurrect people killed during the erased events?

On 4/9/2020 at 4:22 PM, The_Archivist said:

Thank you do much!:D

On 4/9/2020 at 2:40 PM, mathiau said:

The main plot is in this thread, basically, a cave system has been found under the city and some people are exploring it, then they found atium. It's probably too late to join it but I would advise you to follow it because in the last pages  @Fatebreaker has been preparing things for the next era.

For the other eras you have the wiki https://alleyverse.fandom.com/wiki/Alleyverse_Wiki

So, uh, little inaccuracy here. While that thread is the most prominent one this era, we don't have a main plot for this one.

In terms of next era:

I'm hoping to wrap this plot up quickly, we'll try not to hold you all up.

I would also like to publicize a little bit of ghostblood planning.

Next era, our plan is that the ghostbloods will be much more criminal, less public. A secret organization of spies, assassins, and the 'cleanup crew'. Oasis will be more a secret smugglers den, a den of thieves, if you will.

Also, I would assume, as our policy has been lax recently, characters would be able to switch guilds.

12 hours ago, kenod said:

Also, as a question for the guild leaders, would it be possible to have characters switch guilds for the duration of this? I have a couple characters who'd work quite well in different guilds while this is going on. 

I plan to have one of my characters switch, myself :P So I’m fine with it if anyone wants to temporarily join or leave TUBA. I’d assume that everyone else is fine with it too. 

I think Storm might not be able to attempt the murder of Deteca like we planned. I’ll check with him one more time, but unless we can get this interaction out in a couple days (possible but improbable, unless maybe we RP it on Discord and I post it to the thread? Will inquire), that conversation will probably get abandoned until a later date. 

13 hours ago, kenod said:

Everybody who wants to play a GB character is welcome to do so! There is no need to join the guild, and it can be revised afterwards of course (but doesn't need to).

6 hours ago, mathiau said:

Would any of that affect people outside of the alleyverse? Or resurrect people killed during the erased events?

Mostly it will affect people within the alleyverse, as we don't want to mess with the official Lore too much.

19 hours ago, SingingMosaic said:

Hmmm. I feel something simmering on one of the shadowy back burners of my brain, I'll sleep on it and music on it for a couple of days. It's to do with how the character senses the world but as it falls into place I'll put it forward and see if any ideas spawn off of it. Does it have to be ready by the time the plot starts?

Take you time! The next era won't start in a few days, and we will announce a fixed date once we get a better feeling for how many things need to be wrapped up. You idea should more or less be ready, but if it isn't don't worry, then we can find a good workaround.

On 16/04/2020 at 9:00 AM, Sorana said:

Mostly it will affect people within the alleyverse, as we don't want to mess with the official Lore too much.

NullBlade has a sister I intend to use at some point and she's currently on earth, would her memory be affected? If her brother is changed, would she realize it?

@Fatebreaker

Edited by mathiau

The Shift is mainly going to affect memories and perceptions of the Alleyplanet and the Guilds, especially the DA, so it would depend. If the character was in constant communication with the sister then she might realize their perception of time could be a little wonky, or that they there seems to be weird gaps in their memory.

Hello everybody,

we decided to start the next era on

May 15th

That should give everybody ample time to finish current plots.

Please leave us a note in the character thread which characters you would like to use next era. If you neccessary, please update your character sheets so that we can look them over.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, The_Archivist said:

As a copper compounder, will my character notice that there are differences?

I would think initially, no. Since the entire timeline will have shifted, any stored memories will also be altered because history literally happened in other ways. However as things begin to leak through your character might be in a better position to realize that something weird is happening. This is just my guess however.

On 20/04/2020 at 8:24 AM, Sorana said:

Hello everybody,

we decided to start the next era on

May 15th

That should give everybody ample time to finish current plots.

Please leave us a note in the character thread which characters you would like to use next era. If you neccessary, please update your character sheets so that we can look them over.

Thank you!

Is there any time-skip between era 4 and 5?