The Chat Thread

Archer

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

I would go to Alleycity or the tavern. Maybe also post in the pm to see if someone has a little time. I've got a close to crazy character in Alleycity thread, but he could answer questions about the setting and all that, so feel free to approach him, if you're interested in some loose cd related role play.

I can also move another character to the tavern, I think.

Actually they are not in the PM

On 30/12/2019 at 7:49 PM, Sorana said:

I would go to Alleycity or the tavern. Maybe also post in the pm to see if someone has a little time. I've got a close to crazy character in Alleycity thread, but he could answer questions about the setting and all that, so feel free to approach him, if you're interested in some loose cd related role play.

I can also move another character to the tavern, I think.

I think I’ll go to the Alleycity thread and let my character wander around for a bit. 

How do I join the pm? 

Who would be in the Alleycity that Xanas could run into and essentially get a timeline rundown since he vanished?

Also, when we are talking about the city, what do you normally imagine? I want to capture Xanas's absolute shock that it isn't a bunch of huts anymore.

3 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Who would be in the Alleycity that Xanas could run into and essentially get a timeline rundown since he vanished?

Also, when we are talking about the city, what do you normally imagine? I want to capture Xanas's absolute shock that it isn't a bunch of huts anymore.

You could meet my character. He's currently there in a street, looking real bad. A teen, although at the moment his skin is partially covered by scales like a snake would have, and his eyes have changed according to snake as well. He's a tad crazy but he grew up in the city and get you a full rundown.

And here is a description:

https://alleyverse.fandom.com/wiki/Alleyvillage

After the seven day war, the nuking of the city left a huge crater and destroyed a huge part, but around the building of the canton of combat is an area that is visibly older than the rest, as it was protected.

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

How do I begin playing? 

I’ve moved over here because usually we just use that thread for character submission. :) 

If you plan on joining a guild, walking into that guild’s thread might be a good idea; if you want to start interacting with someone right away, there are a couple people having a conversation in the Alleycity Thread. There are also a few threads like Mac’s Boarding House and The Bleeding Spike where I believe you can just walk right in. 

• 3 weeks later...

"Ok. When they let me know that they have completed their current objective I'll send them their next instructions, or we can deliver them personally," He grinned at the thought "Though you mentioned other department heads? I wasn't aware we had any to be honest. I thought they were kind of" He waved his hands in the air, as if to indicate that the departments had disappeared into the Void.

The Trouble with saying things like, the other departments were gone, was that nothing is ever really gone. In the vast infinities of the alleys, you could technically find every single possible combination of atoms, much like the Library of Babel. People long thought dead sometimes wandered out of those alleys, but it didn't happen enough to rely on it. It just happened enough to make any statements about things existence annoyingly imprecise. 

Just read this old post from Mac. Almost foreshadows what Xanas did. I wish I could claim there was some correlation here, but Mac is just good at guessing. 

Edited by 18th Shard

6 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Just read this old post from Mac. Almost foreshadows what Xanas did. I wish I could claim there was some correlation here, but Mac is just good at guessing. 

The Alleys must have decided that since Mac left they needed another Department head to materialize out of the Void and fill the space on the roster. :P