The Chat Thread

Archer

52 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

ALLEYVERSE PREQUEL? DO I GET AN ERA ZERO CHARACTER IF I DO THIS?

This wouldn’t be Era 0, that’s more of an OOC thing :P though it might not be Era 4 either, as it might go past when E4 ends. A bit like the fantasy/horror/Scadrial threads, outside of the timeline. 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

This wouldn’t be Era 0, that’s more of an OOC thing :P though it might not be Era 4 either, as it might go past when E4 ends. A bit like the fantasy/horror/Scadrial threads, outside of the timeline. 

It would be more... Era -1? Maybe?

As for outside the timeline, I would like for it to be canonical. I suppose if we set it far enough in the past then any changes won’t be too significant. History tends to have a sort of inertia.

A poll has gone up in the Calendar thread about whether it should be adopted and what form it should take - be sure to vote on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! This is a little post saying that there is still space for people who want to join the GB plot. Unfortunately many of the people who were interested before have fallen into inactivity. We still have a small group RPing in Oasis, but you know what they say, the more, the merrier :lol:

So come one and come all, the GB plot is still open :) 

Not only is the poll unanimous, but it's the magical number sixteen. I think that's a clear yes, so unless I get shot down by a mod in the next little bit, I'll create a specific thread for planning the details like was said. :lol:

Hey guys, I'm going to get straight to the point: 

I've come to realize that it's time for me to leave the shard.

I can't really balance the shard and real life things, especially with how university stuff is picking up for me now as I start the application process. Too many of my responsibilities off the shard are getting neglected, and after this weekend when a few things came crashing down around me I realized that my priorities are too focused on the shard and that I need to get my life in order and make that more of a priority.

I've been with this community since the beginning and I'm going to miss it a lot, but unfortunately I need to focus on other things. 

I will still be present on discord, if anyone wishes to contact me, but I won't be on the shard anymore. While eventually, i.e. several years from now, there is a small chance that I could come back, I wouldn't plan on it.

I will stay until wednesday to wrap up a few things, but come wednesday morning I won't respond to anything else.

I love you guys, and I love this community, but sadly it's time for me to go.

I wish you all success in your lives, and please, have a cookie on me!

-Mac

39 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

I can't really balance the shard and real life things, especially with how university stuff is picking up for me now as I start the application process. Too many of my responsibilities off the shard are getting neglected, and after this weekend when a few things came crashing down around me I realized that my priorities are too focused on the shard and that I need to get my life in order and make that more of a priority.

I've been with this community since the beginning and I'm going to miss it a lot, but unfortunately I need to focus on other things. 

I will still be present on discord, if anyone wishes to contact me, but I won't be on the shard anymore. While eventually, i.e. several years from now, there is a small chance that I could come back, I wouldn't plan on it.

I will stay until wednesday to wrap up a few things, but come wednesday morning I won't respond to anything else.

-Mac

:(

Spoiler

5d9a8eb48c047_screamcat.png.d0b45b58c2b104d469f70c97d5651564.png

On 10/6/2019 at 8:21 PM, MacThorstenson said:

-Mac

Thank you for being my first friend on the Shard, Mac, and thank you for all the memories. May you find success in the real world.

3 minutes ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Hi, I'm new to the Alleyverse. How do I get started?

Hello and welcome! Picking a guild to join can help you get involved, but you can also continue to RP Allri as unaffiliated. There are several plots going on this era, Into the Dark is really fun, Mutare Omnes is pretty slow but an option, there’s a Ghostblood plot in Oasis City, What Dusk Did Wrong This Week is happening, and there’s a tavern called the Bleeding Spike where you could introduce her for some interaction, though taverns are dangerous in the Alleyverse :P 

11 minutes ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Hi, I'm new to the Alleyverse. How do I get started?

Do you have an idea what kind of plot you would like to participate? In general the tavern might be a good way to get started, just to get to know other characters, although the focus there is more on rp and less on plot.

1 minute ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Any sort of plot is fine. Into the Dark looks nice, but it's been going on for a while and I don't know how to join smoothly at this point.

Do you have any guild recommendations?

TUBA, though of course I’m biased. TUBA can also get you into ITD, we’re going to be sending in some NPCs soon, and any characters who want to can go with. ^_^ You can also just say you’ve been there the whole time as part of the group. 

1 minute ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Into the Dark looks nice, but it's been going on for a while and I don't know how to join smoothly at this point.

Hi there! I run Into the Dark and you could probably join relatively easily in that there isn't a super firm attendance list yet, and they are also still in the first initial cavern. After they progress deeper into the caverns, it will become increasingly more difficult/impossible to join the official expedition, but you could still join in now. Things are a bit chaotic in there at the moment, but you could just slot your character into the action provided you read the original post and familiarize yourself with the plot. If you want to join, I highly recommend doing so today or tomorrow, because as things progress it will get dicier and dicier. 

Welcome to the AV! We're glad to have you!

4 minutes ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Do you have any guild recommendations?

So we have the Ghostbloods. They are assassins and rule Oasis City. They practice hemalurgy, and have some base research about investiture things.

Then there is TUBA, a guild focused on baking, they are a bit the opposite to the third guild, and tendencially the good guys. I agree with Ene, TUBA might be a good way to introduce a character, since we're planning to send a group down at the moment.

Then there is the Dark Alley, crazy scientists, with immense knowledge about everything, whose leaders created our world.

Smaller guilds are the scholar's guild or the canton of combat, most of the others are inactive.