The Chat Thread

Archer

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

They even earned an award for their Highstorm project. We sunk a lot of resources into that one, but it was well worth it in the end.

There were some issues with the release due to the ground team getting swamped, but they blew over. Less controversial than their tectonics program, which had a rocky development period.

1 hour ago, MacThorstenson said:

Huh. That's interesting.

Now I'm picturing a spiked santa clause thing running through the alleys once a year giving out awards.

It doesn't just give out awards...

As the ancient carol goes:

You better not shout, you better not cry, you better watch out lest you want to die, The Dark Yuleman is coming to town.

4 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

You better not shout, you better not cry, you better watch out lest you want to die, The Dark Yuleman is coming to town.

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake

He knows if you've been spiked or not so do science for its own sake, HEY

Edited by AonEne

*clears throat* The whole song, as we all know, goes: 

17 hours ago, Fatebreaker said:

His hypothesis has been checked twice, he's gonna find the right place to slice, the Dark Yuleman is coming to town 

17 hours ago, AonEne said:

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake

He knows if you've been spiked or not so do science for its own sake, HEY

*repeat chorus* 

You know what the world needs? More Alleyverse song parodies. Hmm... 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

You know what the world needs? More Alleyverse song parodies. Hmm...

Now I'm imagining DA Denizens dressing up in full Dickensian costume using Alleytravel to randomly carol outside of peoples' houses... Alright, forget my plot idea, the Alleyverse Carol Book requires my full attention :P 

AV prequel thread ideas:

Hide contents
On 6/21/2019 at 6:58 PM, AonEne said:

Heeeeey, so I had an idea late last night. What if there was an RP in the Alleyverse set back in time, in Era 0 with the DA, but without any other guilds, showing what it was like back then. Maybe RPing the formation of the first non-DA guild or guilds and what it was like for them, stuff like that.

Was there life in this universe before the Worldspike? Was this a universe at all? I feel like it's been mentioned, but I don't know where.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:03 PM, Voidus said:

The universe was too unstable to support life before the worldspike, the purpose of that was to try to stabilize it enough to support life.

On 6/21/2019 at 7:06 PM, AonEne said:

So after the Worldspike and therefore after the DA. Still could be interesting, maybe? Not an RP interfering with the main plots going on, just off to the side like the alternate universes are.

You guys think we could bend canon, have the people who used to be in the first guild (or who posted there but weren't really Homeless) not exist? Or even bend canon to say a different one was first - maybe something that failed and was then squashed by the DA? It'd be interesting to RP a guild that we knew was doomed later on. To clarify, this would be one that doesn't exist currently OOC, canonically or even not.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:05 PM, Emperor Stick said:

Ooh, what if it's a alternate timeline?

On 6/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, AonEne said:
On 6/21/2019 at 8:18 PM, I think I am here. said:
On 6/21/2019 at 8:12 PM, AonEne said:
On 6/21/2019 at 8:09 PM, I think I am here. said:

Like how Voidus and the Stranger were talking about erasing the world, maybe they had already done it to another one, when the ‘experiment’ failed? But we don’t want to stretch canon too much.

And this is that experiment, and so it gets erased at the end? What do you mean by 'failed'?

Yes, I meant that this is that experiment. Like you said, it would be interesting if it was a world we knew was doomed later on.

And failed means that we rose up against the DA right away or something? If that's what you're going for then I suggest it be a situation where Voidus and the Stranger left quickly after spiking the universe (not sure if that's realistic or not, and of course we'd have to ask Voidus and Fatebreaker). The DA only rose up in the AV because of Voidus iirc, and didn't exist before that, so I guess I just answered my own question. What would 'fail' mean?

If we do decide for it to be in this timeline and in the history of this Alleyplanet, they might have an impact on history - or I suppose they also might not, if the DA exterminated them so completely.

On 6/22/2019 at 0:18 PM, Archer said:

The somewhat cliche thing to do would be to write a story with a bunch of characters who have vague similarities to their descendants if you look closely enough, throw in a few easter eggs of little consequence, but generally make the plot have nothing to do with anything related to the Alleyverse we know today. Then, at the end, during the victory celebration the heroes have when they defeat the Big Bad Evil Guy, one of the characters accidentally bumps the Massive Repercussions/Implications button that sets off a chain reaction that forms the Alleyverse as we know it, but the characters just laugh it off and finish up their prequel in an oblivious manner.

15 hours ago, kenod said:

So, if we're going with a prequel thread, what kind of power-level are we going with? Because this sounds like an interesting opportunity to raise it quite a bit.

13 hours ago, AonEne said:

Assuming the mods agree, we might be able to say up to, I don’t know, 300? Is that too much? Just throwing around ideas. 

13 hours ago, kenod said:

I'm not sure. I just figured that since the plot likely means that the DA will likely have a more active role they'd likely have their normal power levels so we'd need to raise the power level of other characters as well to keep it being fun.

There was a little more, but this is all the discussion. Enough people seem to be interested for it to be a legit plot.

9 hours ago, AonEne said:

AV prequel thread ideas:

Reveal hidden contents

There was a little more, but this is all the discussion. Enough people seem to be interested for it to be a legit plot.

Hmm, maybe we could call a vote to see who's interesting in participating, and if we've gotten enough people we could create a dedicated thread for discussing the details?