The Chat Thread

Archer

So, given the current situation, could the other BoV members fill in for Ark if he doesn't start answering today or tomorrow? Perhaps not for Lord Ajax, but at least for the Conquerors. Normally I wouldn't ask this, but currently almost the entire RP has been stalled for a few days already. I figure that if we get at least the Conqueror fights going again we can finish those up so we don't have to deal with them anymore when Voidus has finished dealing with Ajax.

Edited by kenod

1 minute ago, kenod said:

So, given the current situation, could the other BoV members fill in for Ark if he doesn't start answering today or tomorrow? Perhaps not for Lord Ajax, but at least for the Conquerors. Normally I wouldn't ask this, but currently almost the entire RP has been stalled for a few days already. I figure that if we get at least the Conqueror fights going again we can finish those up so we don't have to deal with them anymore when Voidus has finished dealing with Ajax.

I heavily support this. 

*is back*

So, the reason the army isn't all defeated is: it's an army of unrully monsters, without Ajax some would just... leave. So, yes, anything in the city is defeated, but lots will be gone.
I also have plans for a cool plot next era involving them (if it doesn't work out, I'll just kill them off then)

3 minutes ago, RayOfSunshine said:

So, the reason the army isn't all defeated is: it's an army of unrully monsters, without Ajax some would just... leave. So, yes, anything in the city is defeated, but lots will be gone.

Ah, I see what you meant. Would they be able to get away without the DA chasing them down? I don’t know what y’all’s policy on that is :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

Ah, I see what you meant. Would they be able to get away without the DA chasing them down? I don’t know what y’all’s policy on that is :rolleyes: 

I feel like quite a few would. Not as much the spren, but there's a lot that are similar to giant bugs, or bug-people

Sorry all, been a bit inactive the past few days. Lots of sick family. So to chime in on a couple of things: 

On 03/09/2019 at 7:23 AM, RayOfSunshine said:

Disclaimer: This is purely a proposal. I do not in any way speak for the mod team, or the Alleyverse as a whole.

So, I've noticed something we have extremely... lacking in the Alleyverse. I'll compare this situation to the Reckoners RP, as it's an issue they've had as well. Vanillas. A term used for those without powers. Regular people, people who have no powers, no magic artifacts. Just people.

And there comes my idea.

For a month or so now, I decided that, next era, I would RP a vanilla NPC. The plan was to ask everyone not to control actions directly. This character would progress as far as they progressed, untill, as I was fine with, someone killed them. Then I would make another vanilla NPC, and keep going as such, in this pattern. I would have character development, maybe eventually some of them would get soulcasters, or a shardblade. Maybe they would convert to a religion. Maybe they would join a guild. But my purpose for them would be to have real characters, real people, who act as they should, can die with a whim of the godlike entities in the Alleyverse. Because we have those NPCs in the Alleyverse. And we do kill them. But we don't show what they should act as, that they're people, with emotions.

And I started thinking to myself, what if that's not enough? One person, with one character? The Alleyverse would still be supremely unbalanced. And that's where my idea comes in, the proposal I warned you about in the disclaimer at the beginning of this post.

I would ask the mod team, as it is, to add a sixth character slot. Something not the same as the rest. A Vanilla slot. The Vanilla would not have over thirty points in skills, and would not have any investiture. They would be similar to an NPC, killable by anyone, with the difference of no one controlling the actions.

Yes, it would add work to the workload. But I think it's worth it. To add a dimension to the Alleyverse, an important one, we haven't had. And, of course, not everyone would have one of these characters, in all likelihood. But with this, the random extra character wouldn't subtract from your whole, and gives motivation.

And, you know, if you're not up to the task you could always make me a mod :P (I'm joking, btw) 

-Ark1002, Triarchy Member, Head of Recruitment, Ghostblood Extraordinaire

Personally I'm not a big fan of incentivizing certain types of characters. People should play characters that they're interested in, that they think could tell an interesting story. Not because it's rewarded in some way, or allows them to go over character limits.
These characters do exist in the background of the RP, and several repeat NPCs are of this nature. If people wanted to explore the kinds of stories that people like that would experience (Which would definitely be very different to what happens in most of the RP) then I think that should arise organically the way most of our plots do. I would also say that simply encouraging people to create characters like this but not changing the plots that we run would essentially doom these characters to be cannon fodder. The type of story that would be explored from that perspective is very different than what we've been telling so far. I love slice of life stories and I would love to participate in a plot around the regular lives of Alleycity residents, but you couldn't just plop a tailor into the middle of a guild war.

So if this is something people are interested in, I'd suggest we start a discussion around how we would implement these characters, what people would be interested in, etc.
And if character limits are feeling restrictive to some people then we can discuss that as well, but I'd see that as a separate issue rather than an incentive.

On 08/09/2019 at 8:19 AM, AonEne said:

The DA is unlikely to be chasing down anything other than those still damaging the city or those produced from the Void (The initial Vortex as opposed to the rebuilt version)

Just now, Voidus said:

Sorry all, been a bit inactive the past few days. Lots of sick family. So to chime in on a couple of things: 

Personally I'm not a big fan of incentivizing certain types of characters. People should play characters that they're interested in, that they think could tell an interesting story. Not because it's rewarded in some way, or allows them to go over character limits.
These characters do exist in the background of the RP, and several repeat NPCs are of this nature. If people wanted to explore the kinds of stories that people like that would experience (Which would definitely be very different to what happens in most of the RP) then I think that should arise organically the way most of our plots do. I would also say that simply encouraging people to create characters like this but not changing the plots that we run would essentially doom these characters to be cannon fodder. The type of story that would be explored from that perspective is very different than what we've been telling so far. I love slice of life stories and I would love to participate in a plot around the regular lives of Alleycity residents, but you couldn't just plop a tailor into the middle of a guild war.

So if this is something people are interested in, I'd suggest we start a discussion around how we would implement these characters, what people would be interested in, etc.
And if character limits are feeling restrictive to some people then we can discuss that as well, but I'd see that as a separate issue rather than an incentive.

The DA is unlikely to be chasing down anything other than those still damaging the city or those produced from the Void (The initial Vortex as opposed to the rebuilt version)

So... Ajax, the mist itself, and Sja-Anat clone

For those interested in the Era 4 Ghostblood Plot, the offical invites to all of your GB characters (or special NPCs you’ve created for the plot) have been sent! So be happy, party like there’s no tomorrow (Ghostbloods are known for their drinks) and just remember, what happens in Ghostbloods Awards Night stays in Ghostbloods Awards Night :ph34r:

Some of the characters you might see awarded :lol:

@I think I am here.

@Sorana

@Sherlock Holmes

@Turtle373

@Dr. Dapper

@Truthless of Shinovar

278287A1-4B4D-4818-8FFC-1FDFAE2931CF.png

Edited by I think I am here.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

For those interested in the Era 4 Ghostblood Plot, the offical invites to all of your GB characters (or special NPCs you’ve created for the plot) have been sent! So be happy, party like there’s no tomorrow (Ghostbloods are known for their drinks) and just remember, what happens in Ghostbloods Awards Night stays in Ghostbloods Awards Night :ph34r:

@I think I am here.

@Sorana

@Sherlock Holmes

@Turtle373

@Dr. Dapper

Danke.

Results of the previous poll were 1 person in favor of a main plot and 18 against.

We are putting up a new poll for feedback on the Rift Saga Main plot. You can vote in the top or post feedback here. The poll will be completely anonymous, and if you desire you can PM a mod asking them to post more detailed feedback anonymously.

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

@I think I am here.

@Sorana

@Sherlock Holmes

@Turtle373

@Dr. Dapper

@Truthless of Shinovar

Heck yes I’m coming

14 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Heck yes I’m coming

Yay!!

If you want to know the details up front, I can add you to the planning pm. Otherwise you can allow yourself to be surprised, and of course can join the planning any time.

Edited by Sorana

On 9/9/2019 at 9:40 PM, Voidus said:

I love slice of life stories and I would love to participate in a plot around the regular lives of Alleycity residents...

THIS GIVES ME IDEAS

On 9/9/2019 at 9:47 PM, MacThorstenson said:

...hypothetically if Mac build a giant fan next to the city would that take care of the mist?

Please do this if it works. Dark Alley Ventilation Department needs to get out (of the many un-air-conditioned alleys) more.

Just now, AonEne said:

Please do this if it works. Dark Alley Ventilation Department needs to get out (of the many un-air-conditioned alleys) more.

Excuse me!

The DAVD is hard at work producing the weather systems of several planets to that their inhabitants And our experiments don't die!

1 minute ago, MacThorstenson said:

Excuse me!

The DAVD is hard at work producing the weather systems of several planets to that their inhabitants And our experiments don't die!

Whoops. I thought that was the DA Weather Department. Now I...definitely see my mistake? Yes?