The Chat Thread

Archer

Well in order to find that information out you need to attend a week long workshop on information security, fill out a non disclosure agreement (in triplicate), and agree to support the plot.

I can say that it would entail the characters attending seminars, workshops, filling out paperwork, and so much more!

9 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Its Cam Nosnetsroht, Bane of the Dark Alley, Highprince of Pedantry, Filer of Forms and Requirer of Requisites. The supreme Lord Rule-maker. Herald of HR.

The Next Main plot is coming, and it's mandatory that you attend.

Hmmmmm these honorifics sound familiar :P 

56 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I just want to know

1a1a1a.png

Who is this person?

Anonymous unless they chose to reveal themselves. People should feel free to vote the way they believe without fearing judgement or criticism for it.
I'm sure you didn't intend anything bad, but there is a reason that I make most polls anonymous.

10 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Anonymous unless they chose to reveal themselves. People should feel free to vote the way they believe without fearing judgement or criticism for it.
I'm sure you didn't intend anything bad, but there is a reason that I make most polls anonymous.

Oh definitely, I assumed. Because in my opinion that's the only excuse for leaving a poll anon. :ph34r:

This one seems pretty decisive.
Poll results:
Should next era have a main plot? Or a number of smaller plots instead?
One main plot  = 1
Many smaller plots  = 18

So we'll be trying to focus on a number of smaller plotlines next era, some of which have already been mentioned, others which will no doubt arise now that the decision has been made. Try to make sure you have a certain amount of support / commitment from other players before trying to get a subplot started, just to avoid disappointment / threads which quickly die off.

I think that's all we needed polls for for the moment, but if anyone else needs any to be put up let us know.

I don't think this warrants a poll, I just want to ask opinions - for those of you who've read the story, or at least my post on them on AVCD, if a poltergeist is inhabiting a body - Investiture or other magic that has to do with their physical body, it can use (depending on skill, maybe), but anything else - for example, Radiancy, since the spren is linked to your soul and not your body - would be inaccessible. I think that fits with their "magic" and is pretty fair.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Okay :mellow: My intentions were good, I'm sorry if someone took them as not being so.

Oh no, I didn’t take any offense. I just believe that main plots are a good thing that help to provide cohesiveness. I understand that I’m not exactly in the majority, but I still like taking advantage of democracy. :)

20 hours ago, Snipexe said:

Oh no, I didn’t take any offense. I just believe that main plots are a good thing that help to provide cohesiveness. I understand that I’m not exactly in the majority, but I still like taking advantage of democracy. :)

I do like them a lot, but an incohesive era is fun too :D

By the way, what are going to decide for the city government for Era 4? Because it seems actually RPing the government doesn't really work, so I'm wondering if we're going to keep it, just say the government exist but keep it in the background, or abolish it and go back to the Era 1/2 status.

8 hours ago, kenod said:

By the way, what are going to decide for the city government for Era 4? Because it seems actually RPing the government doesn't really work, so I'm wondering if we're going to keep it, just say the government exist but keep it in the background, or abolish it and go back to the Era 1/2 status.

I like third option. The government didn't work so well

11 hours ago, kenod said:

I would say the second option, saying a government exists but keeping it in the background gives people space to create PCs related to it if they want, such as a politician character, or someone corrupt, or someone with the government involved in their backstory. I also think continuing to have a government would be a nice little hallmark of the evolution AlleyCity has gone through over the eras (like a city-wide character arc :))

I agree with Itiah. Let's judt keep it in the background as an option to be used for characters. Not as representatives, but maybe clerks, or advisors. It makes a great setting/ background for someone who wants to play a politician.