The Chat Thread

Archer

I have a few questions about general stuff.

19 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Alive and thriving. It's built on the nuked-out ruins of the old city, with a few areas (like the Canton of Combat) on raised plateaus. Those places were shielded during the bombardment.

Think lots of canyons, craters, and bridges.

Is this like the Shattered plains or Yeddaw? Also, is there any kind of wall? In addition, is there any leftover radiation from the bomb?

I'm also confused by the maps in The Alleyverse Explained thread. Do these need to be updated?

11 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Is this like the Shattered plains or Yeddaw? Also, is there any kind of wall? In addition, is there any leftover radiation from the bomb?

Yeddaw, I would say. That's just my view of it, though. And all the radiation has been cleansed.

I have no answer for the wall, though. I don't think we ever discussed that.

13 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

I'm also confused by the maps in The Alleyverse Explained thread. Do these need to be updated?

Probably. :lol:

The way I was picturing it, was that it was basically a city that had been nuked, with a few buildings and their properties still standing because of shields. The space marines have been rebuilding the city after the war, though I'm not sure if they have wrapped up the repair. There used to be a wall, not sure if there still is. I can't quite find the part in the 7 day war thread where the bombs were dropped.

Edited by MacThorstenson

7 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

OK. Were there any improvements made during the peace? Or was the town restored to its initial state.

Good question. Since the Space Marines helped rebuilding, I think they would have repaired/ built a wall. Out of military defense reasons.

But we didn't really talk about that, only that it was rebuilt.

Maybe we could add a part of the city where there are still some destroyed houses, especially in the poorer section, where nobody had the money to restore the previous state.

31 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

Ok, but nothing like electricity or running water or more modern stuff like that was added. 

Not atm, no. This kind of modernization wasn't addressed so far.

But we could always add it, of course. But atm, no.

Edited by Sorana

58 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

Does the city flood during rains? Speaking of which, what path does the alleystorm take?

*leans back on rocking chair* Back in my day, the storm waters swept into the catacombs. You know, that network of alleys underneath the alleys. And Hoid darnit if it didn't take any course it pleased. Who am I to tell a storm which way it should blow? It just seemed to go wherever was convenient. 

58 minutes ago, xinoehp512 said:

On a completely different note, are crysts the official monetary system? If so, what denominations do they come in?

Yes! Here's a list of denominations:

1= Chryst

2 = Two chrysts

10 = Ten chrysts

100 = A hundred Chrysts (or, as some people have nicknamed it, one hundred chrysts) 

1000 = Most people don't have that much money, so we didn't both naming that. :D

It's like a dollar. You could call a tenth a dime, and one a loonie, and two a toonie, but we don't use them often enough for that. There's mostly just used for bribes and payment for assassinations. And those can be negotiated in whole Chrysts. 

I've always imagined that people manage to carry dozens of 1C coins by drilling holes through the middle and stringing them on necklaces. Our monetary system is one of those things that makes sense until you think through how it's applied in practice.

Edited by Archer