The Chat Thread

Archer

Hi everyone, era 6 has begun!

New threads are up, feel free to start using them immediately. The Aftermath thread takes place in the moments immediately following the Forgery breaking, and the Vigil thread takes place a week later. The Forgery Breaks thread will still be used for some time while we write the details of what happens in the final confrontation but ultimately the Forgery is broken, the Stranger defeated and the world limps its way back to some semblance of normalcy. The Forgery breaking will likely have large impacts throughout the city, both immediate and long term. Feel free to improvise and be creative with these consequences to a degree but any large scale changes should ideally be discussed here.

I was talking to @AonEne in the collaboration thread briefly and suggested I post here.

I want to build a purely antagonistic Mafia against the PCs. Their main goals are to profit off the virus they are creating by being in sole control of the cure. The virus being a investiture eliminating sorts. Their second main goal is to successfully split ettmetal back into Lerasium and Atium. 

I would like to know who is on board with this and if it would be okay in the first place.

(Sorry for the double post. I did wait a substantial amount of time)

12 hours ago, Lord Meeker said:

I want to build a purely antagonistic Mafia against the PCs. Their main goals are to profit off the virus they are creating by being in sole control of the cure.

To be honest I don't really need another virus dominating my actions. I kind of played this plot the last two years and I don't want to rp it as well.

I can't decide if it would be okay in general, because I'm just one person (obviously). I am simply not interested in a(ny) pandemic plot right now.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

To be honest I don't really need another virus dominating my actions. I kind of played this plot the last two years and I don't want to rp it as well.

I can't decide if it would be okay in general, because I'm just one person (obviously). I am simply not interested in a(ny) pandemic plot right now.

And that is totally ok :) thanks for the response.

Edit: not really a virus but an injection that stifles investiture.

Edited by Lord Meeker

Fair. I can do away with the whole pandemic and focus on the fact that the mafia is trying to split Ettmetal into Atium and Lerasium. That could be a better problem. But I dunno how that would work in our alleyverse bc I don't know how rare or common Lerasium and atium is among this pocket dimension place.

Edit: we could also do the poison/toxin idea. The virus wasn't the right word to begin with anyways

Edit 2: @ZincAboutIt think a lot like the plot of Legends of Korra Season 1. The plot for this could be that the people are discontent with the way they have been treated by certain PC in previous eras and they want something done. The mafioso sees is as an opportunity to capitalize and get money by disabling powers and holding them ransom for money. @Sorana maybe this explains it better.

Edited by Lord Meeker
See edits

On 11/7/2022 at 2:29 PM, Lord Meeker said:

Fair. I can do away with the whole pandemic and focus on the fact that the mafia is trying to split Ettmetal into Atium and Lerasium. That could be a better problem. But I dunno how that would work in our alleyverse bc I don't know how rare or common Lerasium and atium is among this pocket dimension place.

Edit: we could also do the poison/toxin idea. The virus wasn't the right word to begin with anyways

Edit 2: @ZincAboutIt think a lot like the plot of Legends of Korra Season 1. The plot for this could be that the people are discontent with the way they have been treated by certain PC in previous eras and they want something done. The mafioso sees is as an opportunity to capitalize and get money by disabling powers and holding them ransom for money. @Sorana maybe this explains it better.

Not everyone has seen every piece of media, so you may want to not primarily explain things by using other stories :)

Both are pretty rare, lerasium more than atium I think, but also this is something that a metallurgy hobbyist would probably not be able to help them with - you had it as a minor merit for Everette and (TLM preview chapters)

Spoiler

separating ettmetal into atium and lerasium is something that experts have failed to do for years,

so that's something to keep in mind. Minor merits aren't necessarily supposed to be expertise on that level. 

We appreciate you steering away from the pandemic, and in general you'll want to keep in mind the balance to walk between having it so other people can engage with your plot and it's not only relevant to your characters, while not having it affect people who may not want to be affected by it - we're not going for citywide plots at this current moment, I believe. Last era was a lot, which is why we're focusing a bit more on rebuilding this one. So we're happy to have things we can direct new members to, especially, but also not "let's take over the city again" stuff, you know? 

@AonEne The mafia don't know that. They only see him as the successor to a very successful metalurgy business and they think he knows what he's doing which isn't completely true. Plus I though it mentioned that in my character sheet that the parents notes on the matter wasn't complete. If i didn't it wasn't intentional and I meant to.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

Not everyone has seen every piece of media, so you may want to not primarily explain things by using other stories :)

True, but there are synopsises. :P

I'm already doing a crime ring thing once the Vigil dies down and other plots start up. You can participate in that, if you like.

I agree with Ene in that this seems like a lot to drop on the city just because you want to do it. Unless you can find other people who want to participate in it, it won't so much be a plot as some live-roleplayed backstory for your character.

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I am highly considering/planning on running a short plot starting around the end of this week and running for a month. For those who don’t know I’m nearly due with my second baby, and Zinclet 2 shall make his appearance around Christmas. So! I wanted to host a little wintertime fun plot for new and old alike.

I have not ironed out all the kinks yet for this plot but the relative idea would be that when the Forgery broke, some of the Alleys got scrambled and manifested themselves in the stately manor of an elderly woman. Her home has become a vast labyrinth of odd things and fantastical places. And at the center of this is the thing she is desperately seeking but cannot find. She needs a group of skilled people to retrieve it for her!

If you would be at all interested in this little mini plot please let me know. I will cut it off right around December 21-23 if I don’t have my baby sooner. If I do I’ll have notes at hand to give to someone who can run it for me. This isn’t a big complex city wide plot, it’s just a fun seek and find thing that will be very time-bound. So if you want to dip your feet in and have some pre-holiday fun with me let me know! 

23 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I am highly considering/planning on running a short plot starting around the end of this week and running for a month. For those who don’t know I’m nearly due with my second baby, and Zinclet 2 shall make his appearance around Christmas. So! I wanted to host a little wintertime fun plot for new and old alike.

I have not ironed out all the kinks yet for this plot but the relative idea would be that when the Forgery broke, some of the Alleys got scrambled and manifested themselves in the stately manor of an elderly woman. Her home has become a vast labyrinth of odd things and fantastical places. And at the center of this is the thing she is desperately seeking but cannot find. She needs a group of skilled people to retrieve it for her!

If you would be at all interested in this little mini plot please let me know. I will cut it off right around December 21-23 if I don’t have my baby sooner. If I do I’ll have notes at hand to give to someone who can run it for me. This isn’t a big complex city wide plot, it’s just a fun seek and find thing that will be very time-bound. So if you want to dip your feet in and have some pre-holiday fun with me let me know! 

Marie will be there, she's very genre blind.

3 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Malsam Endel was created for it. literally.

5 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

KanDraa could join...