The Chat Thread

Archer

This is, I believe, the success of the DA more even than potential plot-affecting power based on character strength. The guild has enough subdivisions that it can accommodate many diverse members who then all play off one another. Proposing a new branch of an existing guild could actually be far more narratively successful for one’s character than simply making a new hyper-specific guild.

On 27/03/2022 at 2:41 AM, Voidus said:

Not sure that the Oathgate should still be there unless Elsa wants to join back in.

As for the CR, I honestly kind of prefer it being vague and unspecified. Having just a blood-soaked realm of weird geometry is a little too demistifying.

Sorry about the extremely late reply haha, I'm happy to join back in:lol:

Interesting. It's going to be kind of funny to have my character turn up while everyone's having an existential crisis, perfectly happy because she had another baby without complications. 

She's going to be the new leader of the Ghostbloods, and is going to rebrand them to better organise them. I'll be the OOC leader of the GBs, but we'll not be keeping any secrets or doing any OOC spying. If you know something your character doesn't, just make your character act like they don't know.

If anyone at all would like to make a Ghostblood character, feel free to do so and PM me here or on Discord (AxeliustheGreat#6642) about it. Thanks!

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

On 10/9/2022 at 9:08 PM, 18th Shard said:

He keeps his dead Blade self hanging on his office wall. 

Imagine keeping your corpse just hanging on your office wall. That's literally metal XD 

Also can I please just say I love your kiddos! Can't wait to read them in the future. Emily too, I love her :D 

Greetings Alleyverse! The mod team has been kicking around the idea of shifting how threads are created next era, and after receiving initial positive feedback on Discord we thought to post it here.

The general idea is to create time-based threads instead of location-based threads. Obviously, some location threads will stay. Guild HQs, taverns/bars, or a specific time-bound event thread are all examples of location threads that would remain. But to increase the progression of time and prevent thread stalling, we are considering creating a master-thread for the first day of the new Era, and every time we do a time-skip, we create a new thread. This way, people who are moving faster can jump ahead, and those moving slower can remain in the older thread until they, too, can make it to the time-skip. This way if someone is taking a long time to respond in an RP scene, both players can effectively solve their problems. The scene in the past can remain and go at it’s slower pace, and the one in the time skip can progress as well. It will also make following along an actual, linear timeline much easier for those seeking to catch up on plot, and will also encourage more time to pass in-story each Era. 

We would love your feedback and questions on this idea, but it has met with enough initial support that we are excited about it!

14 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Greetings Alleyverse! The mod team has been kicking around the idea of shifting how threads are created next era, and after receiving initial positive feedback on Discord we thought to post it here.

The general idea is to create time-based threads instead of location-based threads. Obviously, some location threads will stay. Guild HQs, taverns/bars, or a specific time-bound event thread are all examples of location threads that would remain. But to increase the progression of time and prevent thread stalling, we are considering creating a master-thread for the first day of the new Era, and every time we do a time-skip, we create a new thread. This way, people who are moving faster can jump ahead, and those moving slower can remain in the older thread until they, too, can make it to the time-skip. This way if someone is taking a long time to respond in an RP scene, both players can effectively solve their problems. The scene in the past can remain and go at it’s slower pace, and the one in the time skip can progress as well. It will also make following along an actual, linear timeline much easier for those seeking to catch up on plot, and will also encourage more time to pass in-story each Era. 

We would love your feedback and questions on this idea, but it has met with enough initial support that we are excited about it!

How will this work with the rule of having a char only in a single rp? Will we now be allowed to be in multiple time-spots as long as we don't do things in older slots that could mess up causality (like doing a potentially deadly fight will simultaneously having a tea party a couple days later)

1 hour ago, kenod said:

How will this work with the rule of having a char only in a single rp? Will we now be allowed to be in multiple time-spots as long as we don't do things in older slots that could mess up causality (like doing a potentially deadly fight will simultaneously having a tea party a couple days later)

I would assume so, if there is an event that would affect causality for a large group of people I would think that it we would wait?

18 hours ago, 18th Shard said:

Resurrection is a thing in the cosmere. It just has to be a plausible post-mortem tea party. 

I stand corrected.

Also, for those who have not read back a page, we are actually discussing something important that we may implement. Please refer to this post: 

Edited by ZincAboutIt

1 hour ago, Rushu42 said:

~Aln, the remnants of the Scholar's Guild~

Aln stood in front of the wreckage of what had once been her home. Someone, she didn't know who, had put up yellow caution tape, but that hadn't stopped the more enterprising of the city from making off with a decent portion of her belongings. The structure itself didn't seem in danger of collapsing further, though, so she unlocked what was left of the door and let herself inside. 

She hadn't told anyone she was coming here; she'd wanted to be alone. Maybe that was risky, with the DA theoretically still looking for her, but she doubted that she was their top priority at this point. The city was waking up now. You could see it in the faces of the people you passed, even feel it in the air, like the pressure drop right before a storm. The world was returning, slowly but violently, to reality.

Pel, she said softly in her mind, Do you think we did the right thing?

"What is 'right', Aln?"

Can't you give me a straight answer for once?

In his way, Pel said nothing for a long moment as he thought. "You acted in a way that you believed was moral. You adhered to the oaths that you made. If you are looking for reassurance or absolution of fault, I know of no authority that can provide that. You made a choice, and we shall see the consequences."

Strangely, his words settled something in her, some conflict that had been warring in her mind since her memories first returned. 

"Well," said Aln aloud, "I don't know that this Forgery would have lasted long, even without my interference. The truth has a way of being found out."

And she sat on the broken piece of an armchair in her shredded library, and watched the world change.

@Rushu42 I am good with Xanas waiting until Aln gets back. If Acacia or Bell or someone else at the Post wants to interact, they can, but Xanas doesn't have a big sense of urgency.