The Chat Thread

Archer

On 4/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, AonEne said:

Just read everything, and to clarify, everywhere but the Forge the timeskip has not happened yet, correct? 

Yep as far as I can tell, the rest of the AV has not skipped

Edited: The Alleycity Thread has now also skipped

Edited by ZincAboutIt
Adding info

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all! It’s been slow around here as everyone seems to be quite busy irl (me too!). Just popping by to say that it looks like all the major threads have time-skipped one week except the Boarding House. Since things are going slow for now I don’t really think its necessary to encourage people to wrap up scenes at the moment. But do keep in mind that if you leave that thread you won’t be able to re-enter until it skips as well. 
Cheers!

1 hour ago, Rushu42 said:

Yup. I was waiting to see if mathiau wanted to post, and then I was going to propose skipping ahead.

I was waiting for Aln to part with her memories of sound to have Folorian realise he doesn't like it and do the music thing we talked about. But I can do it right after the timeskip if you prefer

Edited by mathiau

24 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Yea, Balance takes broken promises harder than honorspren.

I think Rushu intended the giving back to happen during the timeskip

Talking about the timeskip, @Ashbringer, I don't think we decided what Null and Cassie would do during it. Obviously he'd tell her about what he saw but I also think he would want to stay with her since "this woman sees impossible things and is hunted by eldrich slugs" isn't exactly the kind of thing you ignore

Edited by mathiau

1 hour ago, mathiau said:

I was waiting for Aln to part with her memories of sound to have Folorian realise he doesn't like it and do the music thing we talked about. But I can do it right after the timeskip if you prefer

We can do it at the end of the timeskip, or we can write it as a scene happening in the middle of the week. The issue with that sort of scene is that it's a lower stakes thing that would happen in a moment of downtime, which is harder to do when everyone's rushing around trying to save the world. I'm absolutely open to writing a few things to be interspersed during their research, though. 

9 hours ago, mathiau said:

Talking about the timeskip, @Ashbringer, I don't think we decided what Null and Cassie would do during it. Obviously he'd tell her about what he saw but I also think he would want to stay with her since "this woman sees impossible things and is hunted by eldrich slugs" isn't exactly the kind of thing you ignore

(Sorry again for being absent, college was being a bit wild.)

As of now, I'd probably say Cassie would take it easy for a while and stay at the Emporium due to her mental/physical condition, while also trying to set up her Ghostblood connections to start the Mecha-Cassie process. (And also getting rid of that spike stockpile, probably to the Ghostbloods as well. She doesn't want those on hand.) She wouldn't turn down NullBlade being around to help with the shop and with trying to figure out what happened to her memory, but wouldn't involve him with Ghostblood things.

Byron would probably stay at the Hospital, I just need to figure out how much he knows. He knows something made him freeze and react to Sanax (and maybe other things... not sure when he left that room), but he also doesn't want to stay at the hospital the entire time when they'd probably have him detox from cadmium poisoning/savantism, and he's nowhere near ready to let that go.

6 hours ago, Voidus said:

"Excuse me?" A quiet voice asked, one of the doctors approached. Touching his shoulder gently, she pulled him to face her. "Professor Lucien Esserethel?"

@Voidus Does Esserethel have any particular meaning? I noted Lucien essentially means "light", so I took a minute or so to try to parse Esserethel meant anything equally appropriate for someone who messes with Investiture. I could break out an es or esse or essere for "is" or "to be" in Romance languages, but couldn't get anything that seemed cohesive from thel or serethel or rethel. (Translations I did find: se = "him/her/itself" in Latin; ser = abbreviation of "master" in Italian; sere = archaic English for "barren" or Italian for "evenings"; Rethel = a town in France; re = Latin for "a thing" (ablative) or Italian for "king"; reth(-e) = Old English for "terrifying" or "savage"; el = "god" in Hebrew).

So esse reth el could mean "To be a terrifying god" if you mix Latin, Old English, and Hebrew. Which is somewhat appropriate, if probably entirely coincidental. 

53 minutes ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

I think I'm good, can't think of anything specific that we might want to do, except: do Aln and Folorian want to tell Balance that they are Radiants?

I assumed that that would come up in the explanations of what's going on. Oh, you'd probably learn something about their special Nightwatcher boons, too. Aln would probably just let him know that she's deaf, but has a way to mitigate it as long as she can see the person she's talking to. (It gets somewhat more complicated with the way that her bane interacts with it, but I don't think she'd get into that with a new acquaintance). @mathiau can decide how much Folorian would share.

1 hour ago, Rushu42 said:

I assumed that that would come up in the explanations of what's going on. Oh, you'd probably learn something about their special Nightwatcher boons, too. Aln would probably just let him know that she's deaf, but has a way to mitigate it as long as she can see the person she's talking to. (It gets somewhat more complicated with the way that her bane interacts with it, but I don't think she'd get into that with a new acquaintance). @mathiau can decide how much Folorian would share.

yea, with practice, the framesight will allow him to tell how invested a given person is, though not what type of invested they are. He's already able to check foods for spikes, he might be able to check people(not for a while, though). It might also allow him to see spren that are in the physical realm, so radiant-bonded type, even when they are invisible. He knows that they have powers through his limited research into them, and he has some idea what they are with the lightweaving conversation.

On 17/05/2022 at 8:00 AM, Ashbringer said:

(Sorry again for being absent, college was being a bit wild.)

As of now, I'd probably say Cassie would take it easy for a while and stay at the Emporium due to her mental/physical condition, while also trying to set up her Ghostblood connections to start the Mecha-Cassie process. (And also getting rid of that spike stockpile, probably to the Ghostbloods as well. She doesn't want those on hand.) She wouldn't turn down NullBlade being around to help with the shop and with trying to figure out what happened to her memory, but wouldn't involve him with Ghostblood things.

Byron would probably stay at the Hospital, I just need to figure out how much he knows. He knows something made him freeze and react to Sanax (and maybe other things... not sure when he left that room), but he also doesn't want to stay at the hospital the entire time when they'd probably have him detox from cadmium poisoning/savantism, and he's nowhere near ready to let that go.

That's fine with me

20 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Sounds good to me! I was just about to ask about what scenes we want to do @mathiau @EmulatonStromenkiin

Aside from the music thing I don't really have an idea

I think you mentioned them testing how the distance between Folorian and Aln affect her powers

19 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Folorian would probably just him that he don't perceive things he don't focus on and if he want to speak with him he should either start by speaking to someone he's already speaking so he realise he's there or he should touch him on the shoulder

4 hours ago, mathiau said:

That's fine with me

Aside from the music thing I don't really have an idea

I think you mentioned them testing how the distance between Folorian and Aln affect her powers

Folorian would probably just him that he don't perceive things he don't focus on and if he want to speak with him he should either start by speaking to someone he's already speaking so he realise he's there or he should touch him on the shoulder

got it.

• 2 weeks later...