The Chat Thread

Archer

1 hour ago, mathiau said:

That's a good idea.

I don't really care whether Pel or Aln is the one who bring the oath up, and whether it has anything to do with them hearing him say it or with the fact Aln thinks he said it at the Emporium. I just don't want Folorian to be the one to bring it up

Also, do you allow me to have him have a crush on Aln?

Alright, I can mention it! I hope I didn't confuse the RP too much by mixing up events myself, whoops.

As for the second point, I really have no idea how to write romance, honestly, but sure! I'm willing to explore that dynamic if you forgive my ineptitude. Aln would be slow to enter a relationship, I think, but it's a direction that could totally make sense for the characters if we want to. (Also, iirc Ene shipped them from like their first scene together, so there's that)

16 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Alright, I can mention it! I hope I didn't confuse the RP too much by mixing up events myself, whoops.

Well, for what it's worth, you didn't confuse me

As for the second point, I really have no idea how to write romance, honestly, but sure! I'm willing to explore that dynamic if you forgive my ineptitude. Aln would be slow to enter a relationship, I think, but it's a direction that could totally make sense for the characters if we want to.

I honestly don't have an idea how to write romance either, but we can't figure it out unless we try, right?

I think Folorian would also be slow to enter a relationship, or at least be slow to realise he's in love. Also considering most of the reasons he's in love come from the period that was rewritten by the Forgery he would just not enter a relationship

(Also, iirc Ene shipped them from like their first scene together, so there's that)

I remember that, Folorian had existed for, like, one page

16 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

What a shock. 

Yes, they're very shippable

Edited by mathiau

I honestly don't have an idea how to write romance either, but we can't figure it out unless we try, right?

I think Folorian would also be slow to enter a relationship, or at least be slow to realise he's in love. Also considering most of the reasons he's in love come from the period that was rewritten by the Forgery he would just not enter a relationship

It's hard to have a slow burn story in an RP this action packed, but we can do our best :P. We should probably chat in our PM about how exactly we'd want it to go.

Also, someone wants to talk to our characters in the Boardinghouse Thread. I was hoping to have at least a bit of a conversation between them before jumping into that, but I don't want to keep the person waiting too long. Do we want to write a conversation on the way to the Boardinghouse? I was waiting to see if you wanted to respond to my last post in the Hospital thread, but I can just move ahead to the Alleycity thread if you like.

4 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

It's hard to have a slow burn story in an RP this action packed, but we can do our best :P. We should probably chat in our PM about how exactly we'd want it to go.

Also, someone wants to talk to our characters in the Boardinghouse Thread. I was hoping to have at least a bit of a conversation between them before jumping into that, but I don't want to keep the person waiting too long. Do we want to write a conversation on the way to the Boardinghouse? I was waiting to see if you wanted to respond to my last post in the Hospital thread, but I can just move ahead to the Alleycity thread if you like.

Honestly the only thing I can't think of as a post would be to have Folorian help Aln with the rubbles so I think we can just jump to the Boarding house

Honestly the only thing I can't think of as a post would be to have Folorian help Aln with the rubbles so I think we can just jump to the Boarding house

I'll put one more post in the Hospital thread, I think, and then if you want you can transition us to the Boardinghouse in your response!

I'm going to be very busy as the semester wraps up, so general ideas for the 1-week skip: Byron will probably stay at the Hospital for a few days/the full week as they try and find what made him freeze (which they probably won't, as it was a weird combination of things), and Cassie will return to the Emporium to recover and probably communicate with the Ghostbloods about... alternative treatments.

... assuming of course Byron doesn't end up on a wild adventure with some combination of Victoria/Reshilore/Vivica/Bennington/Sanax/Mari (oh my) / Cassie on an adventure with NullBlade. But right now they're in a decent place to take a break.

17 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

yea, that's me, sorry about the mentions, trying to figure them out.

48 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood

Do you want someone to interact with Darien in the Alleycity thread? I can put a character there if you want. Poor guy seems to be dying of alcoholism alone in an alley somewhere :P

lol, sure that's fine. Right now he's just slumped over in the bar, so sure.

Hey @I think I am here. we are likely going to call a time skip of one week very soon. I wanted to tell you before you start up your side plot in earnest. We’ve been waiting for the current hospital thread scene to wrap, and Voidus is going to write a bit more with the Professor and Whisper. 

If you want you could probably just start your skip now, then the rest of us could catch up. But we wanted to have the plot span more than a single day :P 

Just now, ZincAboutIt said:

Hey @I think I am here. we are likely going to call a time skip of one week very soon. I wanted to tell you before you start up your side plot in earnest. We’ve been waiting for the current hospital thread scene to wrap, and Voidus is going to write a bit more with the Professor and Whisper. 

If you want you could probably just start your skip now, then the rest of us could catch up. But we wanted to have the plot span more than a single day :P 

Gotcha, thanks for letting me know. I’ll say the Forge thread is post-time skip, and that it took Alask a week to make the poster :D

Hey, forge people

Please correct me if I’m doing something against the rules, this is my first time in an Alleyverse story thread

Also, is there anything specific I need to read to get caught up with what’s happened on that thread so far or am I good to jump in with general basic context? 

1 minute ago, Stormblessed0421 said:

Also, is there anything specific I need to read to get caught up with what’s happened on that thread so far or am I good to jump in with general basic context? 

No worries, you’re doing everything fine. And you don’t have to catch up on anything. The Forge thread has been used for a variety of purposes, and now it’s being reused as the setting for a side plot. All the necessary information is in that post that begins with ‘Era 5’. Most of the players who’ll be on that thread (Emery, Thaidakar) are also new players like you, so everyone’s starting from the same point. In essence I’ll just be there to guide the plot/events. :) 

On 4/12/2022 at 6:56 PM, Rushu42 said:

(Also, iirc Ene shipped them from like their first scene together, so there's that)

Honestly I don't remember this but I am amusedly unsurprised @past me :P

On 4/13/2022 at 11:28 AM, ZincAboutIt said:

Ene will ship anything, she’s like the FedEx of RP

Thank you, I'll be stealing this now :lol: 

Just read everything, and to clarify, everywhere but the Forge the timeskip has not happened yet, correct?