The Chat Thread

Archer

1 hour ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

@Harbringer of Auroras I see people are trying to recruit you into guilds, STE is new, it's open, and it's quite sane. though I'm sure the Scholar Guild is much more sane than the DA, now that I think about it most guilds are more sane than the DA lol.

About the STE, I don't think I have heard your answer on what it was actually about

1 minute ago, mathiau said:

About the STE, I don't think I have heard your answer on what it was actually about

*waves hand randomly* something... ok they want to have more hold in the city, they want to control the magic system. though I'm thinking of something where STE splits into two groups one led by Darian and the other led by... someone else. it hasn't split yet though.

edited to add: the other group has an interesting goal.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood

5 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

*waves hand randomly* something... ok they want to have more hold in the city, they want to control the magic system. though I'm thinking of something where STE splits into two groups one led by Darian and the other led by... someone else. it hasn't split yet though.

This is literally the Ghostbloods is era1 :ph34r:

Edited by Arlin

I had another idea for next era, but it could be ridiculous. Going off the sort of “post-Forgery instability” vein, and the idea of Alleys behaving more oddly or “coming alive,” perhaps Alleys could begin to appear in places that aren’t actually alleys. Like a closet or a dark hallway or any narrow dark space. And the Alleys themselves are sort of…hunting. Like they devour whoever walks in or something. This could potentially happen even within the Alleys themselves, like the Alleys are Alleytravelling. This would make things difficult even for the most powerful DA characters and also involve the wider community. 

Randomly placed alleys would be quite interesting, especially if they also ended up being random portals through space.

I do feel like if several changes are happening to the Alleys they should have some "source", even if that source is as general as something happening to Alley 0 like it gaining sapience or going unstable. 

I like it!

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

I do feel like if several changes are happening to the Alleys they should have some "source", even if that source is as general as something happening to Alley 0 like it gaining sapience or going unstable. 

Yeah I think 18th Shard mentioned that Alley 0 could go missing and that could possibly cause all the Alleys to have the potential to warp into something else entirely given enough time

2 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I had another idea for next era, but it could be ridiculous. Going off the sort of “post-Forgery instability” vein, and the idea of Alleys behaving more oddly or “coming alive,” perhaps Alleys could begin to appear in places that aren’t actually alleys. Like a closet or a dark hallway or any narrow dark space. And the Alleys themselves are sort of…hunting. Like they devour whoever walks in or something. This could potentially happen even within the Alleys themselves, like the Alleys are Alleytravelling. This would make things difficult even for the most powerful DA characters and also involve the wider community. 

I like it.

On 01/04/2022 at 7:31 PM, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

edited to add: the other group has an interesting goal.

Let be me more clear as to what I want to know: I have a potential character who's a Willshaper who wants to prove herself to the world and to herself. Can you give me reasons she'd want to join your guild?

23 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

On a similar vein, at some point Mac had decided the Forgery had became a sapient spren. When we destroy it we could say that the spren was not annihilated but just splintered and now we have tiny more or less sentient/sapient bits of whatever mix of magic the Stranger used to create it (beside the Dor) existing in places they should not, especially the Alleys

14 hours ago, Voidus said:

"You know I probably would have asked for a brass spike to use Copperminds." Laurelai commented, twisting the coin around and examining the carefully polished metal surface. "But the idea of wearing copper jewellery constantly was a little off-putting."

Folorian: What's wrong with copper jewellery?

5 hours ago, mathiau said:

Folorian: What's wrong with copper jewellery?

It clashes with Laurelai’s cool undertones. :P 

edit: also, once the hospital scene wraps up we might want to consider a time skip. What is the amount of time that sounds good to people?

Edited by ZincAboutIt

On 4/3/2022 at 4:51 PM, mathiau said:

On a similar vein, at some point Mac had decided the Forgery had became a sapient spren. When we destroy it we could say that the spren was not annihilated but just splintered and now we have tiny more or less sentient/sapient bits of whatever mix of magic the Stranger used to create it (beside the Dor) existing in places they should not, especially the Alleys

Ooo that could help Bell stick around after era 5 

I haven't had much opportunity to hint at it Because I'm terrible at getting my characters into rooms for some reason but Bell didn't really exist prior to the Forgery for reasons that are a RAFO for now. Maybe some of those Splinters could act like Divine Breaths and allow such people, at least a few of them, continue on after the Forgery.

Edited by Arlin