The Well of Descension

Kidpen

I'm sorry everyone but it has to be done.

Ioc fell away from Arnoldette, breathing heavily. The fight had lasted days, and Ioc had made no headway either. Ioc was proud of itself, what with the fact that it was fighting a being that had obviously more powerful than it, but there was some heartache involved as well.

This was the first woman Ioc had met that could beat Ioc up.

However, Arnoldette didn’t seem to share Ioc’s opinions. Not the opinion that she could beat Ioc up. Arnoldette obviously enjoyed that particular assessment. No, Ioc was convinced that Arnoldette did not love it back.

Which was, technically, fine. After all, Ioc still possessed Naermen’s body, only suped up in a way that made most people mistake the form Ioc wore as a man’s body. Ioc had used quite a lot of Progression to change Naermen’s body to fit it’s needs.

However, that also meant that Ioc and Arnoldette didn’t have a chance together. Surely Ioc was too weird for Arnoldette’s likings. This depressed Ioc, and made it want to be the best being any girl could want.

However, this meant that Ioc couldn’t use it’s secret weapon on Arnoldette. That was too bad, because Nei’an had born a secret weapon but had never used it, and Naermen had never known about it. Ioc had Nei’an’s secret weapon with it, but the weapon was currently nonfunctional. Ioc would need to refill it.

However, Ioc had a secret weapon of its own. Not an actual object, as was Nei’an’s, but a maneuver that would render any opponent basically dead. The maneuver could also trap Ioc, which was why it hadn’t considered the action before this fight.

‘You’re getting off topic…’ Cerebellum warned, and Ioc twisted in the air, barely dodging Arnoldette’s falling form.

Ioc touched the ground, and Arnoldette landed several paces away from it. They stood, facing each other, for several seconds. Then, Arnoldette smiled.

“You know, this is the best fight I’ve had in years,” she said.

Ioc brightened. “Well, shucks, ma’am. You’re an awesome fighter. Maybe we can have dinner? I know this great place in Roshar. I kinda almost blew it up after damaging it’s floor systems, and the last time I visited a random person slapped me, but I’m sure once they see I have a lady with me they’ll let us in…”

Ioc paused once it realized that Arnoldette was no longer in front of it.

‘Right,’ Subconscious murmured. ‘She doesn’t like me. I gotta remember that,’

‘SHE BEHIND YOU!’ Somatosensory cortex cried.

Ioc sighed. “Really? You had to disappear? You could have just told me no…”

Ioc trailed off as it turned to see Arnoldette standing very close to it.

“Uh…” Ioc stammered. “Well…”

Arnoldette flashed Ioc a beautiful smile. “You know, you’re not half bad. I like a guy who’s smart,”

Ioc blushed. Well, I’m not really a guy…”

Ioc paused as Arnoldette looked at it with a confused expression.

“I mean,” Ioc continued, “I was, once, at least, I think so, but I’ve kinda been a parasitical beast who has inhabited peoples of both genders, plus I’m in a female body, so…”

Ioc trailed off again. I’m not making myself sound very attractive, am I?”

Arnoldette smiled again, and Ioc’ heart went all a flutter.

“No, you’re not,” Arnoldette whispered, leaning closer to Ioc.

“I don’t know why that was so romantic…” Ioc murmured, closing it’s eyes in a slow blink.

This meant Ioc completely missed it when Arnoldette reached out with her foot, touched a pebble with her toe, and Lashed it a few dozen times into the air, which was, unfortunately, in the direction of the underside of Ioc’s chin. This meant that Ioc got a pebble shot up through it’s brain.

Then, of course, Arnoldette snarled, which really looked good on her, which Ioc could see because the surprise of having a pebble shot through it’s brain caused an instant reaction of that sort. Then, Arnoldette pressed a hand to Ioc chest, at which point Ioc almost fainted, and she unleashed a powerful outbreak of Division into Ioc’s body.

‘Ow,’ Somatosensory Cortex complained.

‘You’re not going to scream?’ Subconscious asked.

‘Oh, what’s the use?’ Somatosensory Cortex replied.

Ioc instinctively Lashed itself backward, falling away from Arnoldette. Ioc was still shivering from how close it had been to something romantic. Darn, if only Ioc hadn’t mentioned that it was inhabiting a female body.

Ioc prepared for an assault, but once it stopped moving it saw that Arnoldette did not pursue. Curious, Ioc paused as well.

Ioc and Arnoldette faced each other down. Ioc was positioned so that Arnoldette was directly in front of the plastic black fortress that she lived in.

The fortress that Wilson, the innocent volleyball, was being held captive.

Immediately, all of Ioc’s romantic emotions turned to rage.

“Just hand over the volleyball!” Ioc yelled.

Arnoldette cocked her head. “You mean the-”

“Yes,” Ioc finished. “Hand it over,”

Arnoldette looked confused. “I-”

“Fine,”

“Fine what?”

“Fine fine,”

“What’s fine?”

“Your resolve to die,”

“Snort,”

“Did you just snort at me, Ioc?”

“Yes, because that was funny. Also, who’s Ioc?”

“You are. Ioc, stop playing dumb. I’m just trying to seduce you,”

“Finally, you admit it! Haha, I, George, am the ruler!”

“You're name is George? That’s not a girl’s name,”

‘How’d you know I was inhabiting a girl’s body?”

“What? Inquisitors inhabit bodies too?”

“I am so confused,”

“Be quiet, you Cognitive Shadow,”

“Wait, are you Nei’an? Oh my, long time no see!,"

“Oh my gosh, it is you! Hey, Nei’an! Wait, how do you know him?”

“I happened to inhabit him for quite a while before I told his boss it was okay if Nei’an died.”

“What?”

“Ow, stop shouting, you two. When you shout in unison, it really hurts my ears,”

“Yeah, I’m a bit confused as well. Why did you say that then shout ‘Ow’ immediately afterward?”

“Stay out of this, George,”

“That’s not my name!”

“Why not?”

“Because my name is Nei’an!”

“No, that’s the name of this nice Cognitive Shadow here.”

“Yeah, guys, I’m Nei’an. Your name’s G.-”

“DON’T SAY MY NAME!”

“Gee, Arnoldette, gosh. He was about to say my name,”

“Arnoldette? Who’s Arnoldette?”

“You are,”

“No, I’m not,”

“Oh, uh guys, by the way, you seem to have teleported to the Cognitive realm during your conversation. Uh, guys?

“Yeah, you are!”

“Stay out of this, Nei’an!”

“No, my name’s Ioc!”

“No, it’s Arnoldette!”

“And I’m Dif!”

Ioc and Arnoldette stared at each other, breathing hard. Ioc turned to Nei’an. “Why would you say that?”

“So you guys would shut up and worry about something important,” Nei’an replied, shaking his head.

Ioc looked around, noting that it was, indeed, in the Cognitive Realm.

“Huh,” Arnoldette sighed. “Very interesting. “It seems both of us somehow managed to end up here during our conversation,”

“Huh,” Ioc said. “Well, back to the fight, I assume?”

“Probably,” Arnoldette replied.

“I think I’m outa here,” Nei'an said, “But let it be known I vote for the Inquisitor lady,”

‘Hey!” Ioc yelled. “I… uh, parasitically inhabited your body! Doesn't that count for something?”

“Yes, it does,” Nei’an called. “That’s why I’m voting for her,”

After a couple minutes, Nei’an was gone. Ioc glared at Arnoldette.

“Well, let’s get on with it, shall we?” Ioc snarled.

“Fine,” Arnoldette replied casually. “Although you could always just walk away now,”

An idea formed in Ioc’s mind. “No, I can’t,”

“And why not?” Arnoldette asked.

“Because,” Ioc declared, “You said you liked smart people. So now, I have to prove how smart I am,”

There was only one way to do that.

Everyone knew that the only way to be smart was to read books.

Ioc had read hundreds of books in it’s lifetime.

So in order to bring Arnoldette to her senses, Ioc would begin it’s relentless barrage of book references and puns.

And soon, she would be Ioc’s.

Ioc burst towards Arnoldette, awakening it’s Amberite. The bud was tired, but Ioc could feel it’s exhilaration. Arnoldette stepped back a pace, a look of surprise on her face.

The first book Ioc would reference would be ‘Congo’ by Michael Crighton.

Ioc ran it’s Amberite down it’s arms, then past it’s clenched fists, then molded the hard rock into a shallow thick spoon, which Ioc then clapped together.

With Arnoldette’s head in the way.

The spoons smashed the Inquisitor’s head, making the skull look like one of those fish that had narrow heads. An instant later, Arnoldette had fallen backward in a burst of stormlight, healing from the wound.

Ioc followed in a fit of rage it hadn’t shown during the battle until that moment.

Then, Ioc referenced the 'Guardians of the Galaxy' stories.

Ioc pulled a small seed from it’s pocket and slammed it into Arnoldette’s chest. Then, Ioc put a gigantic amount of stormlight into the seeds, enough so the future oak wouldn’t even need soil to grow.

Thus, roots emerged from the seed,s burrowing into Arnoldette’s body. A gigantic sprout shot from the plant, a full grown oak tree created in a matter of minutes. The traditional bloated roots of a full grown tree threatened to pull Arnoldettes body apart.

Ioc was almost out of stormlight, but it was able to Lash the tree upwards with a small Lashing, so Arnoldette collapsed backward and the oak trees roots grew into the dusty ground, pinning Arnoldette to the earthen floor.

Then, Ioc vanished again, appearing at the current site of the Alleystorm, refilling it’s stormlight reserves. Ioc was back at the battlefield in an instant.

Ioc could only see only a fallen oak tree with no Inquisitor underneath.

Arnoldette crashed into Ioc from behind, slashing at it with a big axe. Ioc referenced the Matrix by bending backwards to dodge the blow, like a limbo. Io stepped back and straightened as Arnoldette whipped the weapon back around and attacked with an overhand strike.

As the axe fell towards Ioc, Ioc held it’s forearms to the side of the axe and infused each wrist with stormlight, fueling each arm with an extremely powerful Reverse lashing.

As soon as the axe came between Ic’s arms, the incredible gravitational pressure pulling in both directions quickly dispelled of the kinetic energy. Thus, Arnoldette strained to bring the blade down onto Ioc’s face, but the axe would not move in any direction.

“I…” Ioc croaked.

Arnoldette strained harder.

“Am…” Ioc rasped.

Arnoldette fuelling the axe with a couple downward Lashings, but it was clear she was running out of stormlight. The axe didn’t move.

“GROOT!” Ioc screamed, then, in a fit of Feruchemical Speed, touched the side of the axe blade with Ioc’s infused wrist, then used a Full Lashing to stick the axe in place.

Ioc wrenched it’s arm back, pulling the ax from Arnoldette’s grasp. Immediately, Ioc dispersed it’s Lashings, detaching all binds Ioc’s wrist had to the axe. However, Newton’s third Law of Motion stated that the ax would continue in its path, at least initially, so Ioc snatched the weapon from the air.

Arnoldette looked on with an amazed expression.

Then, Ioc referenced ‘Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality’ by Eliezer Yetkowski (I don't actually know how to spell it, so sorry), and pointed at Arnoldette.

There was a pause.

Then, in a rage of Progression, Ioc’ fingernail grew at an alarming rate, at if it had been shot by a bullet.

The elongating fingernail was aimed for Arnoldette’s eye.

Or, more accurately, the eye spike.

If Arnoldette had any resources, she would have stopped it, but it was evident that her Feruchemical Speed was gone. The tip of the fingernail touched the tp of the ey spike, and Ioc used a Full Lashing to attached the two.

Then, Ioc wrenched it’s arm back, pulling out Arnoldette’s left eye spike, and in the same motion reached at her face with its fist and referenced ‘Wolverine’ by stabbing her with Amberite knuckle-claws through the side of her head.

Arnoldette screamed, clutching at where the eye spike had vanished. Ioc allowed to her fall to the earth.

Arnoldette sobbed on the ground in a position of humility.

“Where is the volleyball/” Ioc demanded.

Aronoldeette didn’t answer coherently.

“Tell me where the eye spike is or I’ll pull the other one out,” Ioc threatened.

Arnoldette glanced up at Ioc. For one second, Ioc could see a terrified form huddled on the ground.

Then, Ioc saw her smile.

Then, she disappeared in a flash of stormlight.

Ioc jumped back out of shock, but she was already gone.

And Ioc could guess where.

This Inquisitor knew of the Alleystrome.

Ioc burned Tin and heard a soft pop in the air above it.

Ioc glanced up.

And was promptly squashed by the gigantic hunk of rock that the Inquisitor had brought from wherever the Alleystorm was now.

Ioc felt it’s body spread out as it was turned into a pancake. It began healing immediately, teleporting out of the mess and soon as all the little bits of squish were at least touching.

Ioc appeared a couple feet away from the rock as a slowly forming pile of goop. It finally turned back into Ioc, panting relentlessly.

“I am the Lorax,” Ioc mumbled as Arnoldette approached Ioc’s fallen body. Ioc felt naked.

It was completely out of Feruchemical Healing.

“I speak for the trees…” Ioc mumbled again.

Arnoldette stood over Ioc now, and Ioc could sense her looking down at its goopy form and shaking her head. Ioc tilted it’s head slightly to look u at her and saw her raising another obsidian ax.

“And the trees…” Ioc whispered.

Arnoldette reached the peak of the swing that would be the last Ioc encountered.

“DON’T LIKE DAT!!!” Ioc yelled. Arnoldette hesitated, startled.

And that gave Nei’an plenty of time to make the mind of a wall appear in Arnoldette’s stomach, causing her body to combust outward. In a flash of motion, Arnoldette angled her head away from the spontaneous wall so that the head spiked weren’t separated from the shoulder spikes. However, she almost died, and it’s the thought that counts.

Arnoldette Lashed herself away to heal, screaming and collecting bits of her limbs that had been blown off.

Nei’an stepped around the wall with a smile on his face.

‘No,” Nei’an said, “It seems I save you this time,”

Ioc nodded. ‘Thanks,” it said.

Ioc climbed to its feet.

There was an awkward silence.

“So,” Nei’an began, “shall we?”

Whew! Now, wasn't that relaxing?

Edited by Gancho Libre

Well, it's my hundredth post. Enjoy the debut of Nogard, my main character.

Nogard ran between waking and sleeping.
He saw the landscape as if it were a dream. And, in a sense, it was. While the Stormlight inside of him sustained him far past what a normal man could do, he still needed to sleep.
But when staying still brought unspeakable agony, you learned to find sleep in other ways.
As he ran, he dreamed that people ran with him. Their faces shifted and changed, calling out to him.. People he'd met over the years. People he had learned from or befriended. Or both, sometimes. It hardly mattered. He would likely never see any of them again anyways.
Unless...
With a start, he realized he was nearly at his destination. He slowed- not stopping, of course- and slowly awakened from his reverie. He stood- well, walked- in front of an unassuming city. Unassuming, that is, to the passing observer. But to him, it held something different.
Hope.

What does the alleycity look like at this point?

Ioc crashed into the Cognitive ground, skidding against it until fiction kicked in and it came to a stop. NeiIoc crashed into the Cognitive ground, skidding against it until fiction kicked in and it came to a stop. Nei’an would hold Arnoldette back until Ioc could get back in the game, it was sure.

Right now, Ioc needed to heal up, slowly, using stormlight. It just felt so… primitive when compared to f-Gold. Stormlight was slow.

Well, in that one case, and nothing else. For any other situation, Stormlight was da bom.

Ioc saw Nei’an made the mind on an entire Rosharan Plateau appear, smashing and flattening Arnoldette as it expanded. Nei’an, however, just held it above his head and ducked.

‘Where did he get all that stuff?’ Association Cortex asked.

‘Does it matter?’ Amygdala replied. ‘I mean, he has it, so that’s that,”

‘Might I suggest,” Prefrontal Cortex said, ‘A change in tactics?’

‘What do you mean?’ Subconscious asked.

‘I mean,’ Prefrontal Cortex continued, ‘That we leave Nei’an to distract the Inquisitor for a while, and we get the volleyball out of the palace and somewhere safe. I mean, Cognitive shadows can’t really die, so Nei’an isn’t in any danger,’

Everyone in Ioc’s head stared at Prefrontal cortex.

‘You mean we run away?’ Amygdala asked incredulously.

‘Well, we could come back-’ Prefrontal Cortex pleaded, but Subconscious muted him.

‘I wish I could just mute him all day,’ Subconscious muttered.

That wasn’t how it worked, however, Every time Ioc slept, when it woke Prefrontal Cortex would be alive, well, and obnoxious.

Ioc glowed with stormlight, then fell towards the battle. Presently, Arnoldette had walked but a bit to close to Neia’n, and he had made the mind of a sword appear through her face. Nei’an had been busy.

Of course, the battle had lasted hours. Nei’an had begun reusing minds, and Arboldette had begun predicting his moves. Such as now, for when Nei’an stabbed the Inquisitor, she used that to get herself closer to the cognitive Shadow to stab him.

Ioc didn’t know why she kept trying that. Nei’an had already died. But it was obvious that she wanted to stab him, so it wouldn’t let that happen.

Ioc crashed into Arnoldette, slamming and collapsing the back of her knees. She fell, a sword still in her forehead. Nei’an managed to keep the blade firmly in her skull, and used the momentum of falling backwards to push the sword father into her brain.

Arnoldette screamed, clutching at her head. She held the blade in place as she freed her head, but Ioc was already in its way back towards her.

As Ioc fell towards the Inquisitor, it Lashed itself backwards dozens of times.

Then, it used it’s Bestower’s Lens to give these Lashings to Arnodette. The one trick Ioc had that Arnoldette didn’t was occulatorism. That was, of course, because Arnoldette didn’t have real eyes.

The Lashings now transferred, Arnoldette began to, against her own will, fall extremely quickly towards Ioc. Too late, she canceled them with her own version of the Surge, but Newton’s laws of motion dictated that she would continue falling towards Ioc until her speed ran out. Thus, Ioc was in perfect position to attack.

So, naturally, it attacked.

Gravity had begun to take its hold on Arnoldette’s body, so she fell at a slight angle towards the ground. Ioc anticipated this, and as she passed under it Ioc used Progression to grow a fingernail-like carapace over its arm, then farther, making a club.

Arnoldette fell under its arm.

Ioc slammed it’s club down, catching her under the chin and forcing her against the dusty earth. She screamed but did not retaliate.

Ioc used Adhesion to attach Arnoldette’s body to the club and raise her up.

“You aren’t so pretty now, are ya?” it asked.

She coughed once. “I’m sorry,” she gasped.

Ioc smiled. “Good. Now, can I have that volleyball?”

Arnoldette chuckled dryly. “No, I’m sorry… about this,”

Ioc paused, then realized. The fingernail club was a part of Ioc’s body. A part of it was touching Arnoldette and had been for an extended amount of time.

‘Ohhh…’ Hippocampus groaned. ‘That’s why I keep running out of stormlight so fast,’

Arnoldette burned chromium. A great push of it, eliminating all of it. She obviously ran out during the attack, because she didn’t burn away its breaths and those were usually the last to go, but everything else was… gone.

She smiled as the Adhesive glue burned out, dropping her to the earth. Before she hit, however, she vanished.

Ioc was empty. Without stormlight.

Ioc couldn’t teleport anymore.

Arnoldette reappeared, glowing with stormlight. Her eyes glowed a fantastic and terrible blue, her body radiating death and sorrow. Ioc knew this was how it would die.

There was no F-Gold.

There was no stormlight.

There was no Allomancy.

There was no other option but death.

‘Huh,’ Association Cortex asked. ‘Is this how everyone feels when they’re about to die?’

‘No!’ Subconscious yelled, and Ioc gasped.

Because Arnoldette was promptly squashed by a falling bulldozer.

Nei’an appeared next to Ioc, panting slightly.

“Sorry, dude,” Nei’an said. ‘I ran outa stuff. You ready to fight her?”

Ioc shook its head. “I can’t. I have nothing. She used chromium,”

Nei’an frowned. “But, you have more on the ship, right?” He gestured towards the Heart of Silver.

Ioc snorted. “Yes, but only enough for one teleportation. It was for emergencies,”

Nei’an shrugged. “Well, go to the Alleystorm,”

Ioc cocked its head. “Good idea,”

Nei’an smiled. “I’ll hold her off. Good luck,”

With that, Nei’an sprinted towards the bulldozer.

‘He can’t die…’ Prefrontal Cortex reminded it.

‘Prefrontal…’ Subconscious asked, ‘Tell me more about this plan,’

Ioc began running form the Heart of Silver.

‘Well, it’s basically just us going back to the Physical Realm, grabbing the volleyball, teleporting it to our stronghold, then leaving the Inquisitor be,”

‘You know,’ Subconscious sighed, ‘I’m a whole lot more interested in this plan now,’

Ioc reached the hatchway. “Gerrri, open up!”

The door opened slowly. “Aren’t you just going to rip it open?” Gerrri, the hologram, asked.

“No time!” Ioc yelled. It hopped into the ship and ran to the cockpit.

“Shall I make arrangements to leave?” Gerri asked.

“No!” Ioc screamed. “Stay here!”

Gerri paused. “Fine,” he muttered. “I didn’t want to leave anyway,’

Ioc opened the glovebox, rummaging through it until Ioc found a large gemstone full of stormlight.

“Bye, Gerrri!” Ioc called, then vanished into the heart of the Alleystorm.

It only paused a moment, refilling on stormlight, then teleported back to the scene of the battle. Only, this time, in the Physical realm.

Ioc broke in easily, as there were no guards, and sprinted down dark plastic hallways. Ioc accessed it's duraluminmind, searching for one line of Connection.

It ran straight ahead, through an imposing door.

Ioc barrelled straight through the door. There was nothing inside the room save one thing.

A black pedestal with a coarse volleyball on top.

With a whoop of joy, Ioc snatched the volleyball off the stand and teleported again, to the Bank of Chrysts. Ioc had no need to walk in through the front doors. It just appeared inside its large vault, dropping Wilson with the other valuable stuff, then teleported back to the Cognitive Realm where Nei’an fought.

Ioc had succeeded.

Ioc had won.

The volleyball was in Ioc’s possession.

And Arnoldette was standing in a triumphant position, her arm thrust through Nei’an’s chest and clutching something on the inside.

Metals and souls were made of the same thing.

Cognitive Shadows can die

And Ioc couldn’t move, even though it could predict what Arnoldette was doing.

Holding Nei’an’s essence, she would tap Nicrosil, and prepare to burn duralumin.

Then, she activated the power of Chromium, dispersing the investiture that kept Nei’an in the Cognitive Realm.

And so Nei’an blurred into the Beyond.

Nei’an.

The one person Ioc had actually liked.

Dead.

Again.

Ioc screamed although it did not feel itself do so. Ioc ran towards Arnoldette, although it did not know why. Arnoldette looked so smug. Why was she smug? Shouldn't she be grieving, like Ioc? After all, someone important had been killed.

Ioc saw Arnoldette attack. Nothing kept it alive except for an instinct, controlled by none other than Somatosensory Cortex. Ioc jumped and twisted, expertly dodging Arnoldette’s attacks, although Ioc itself felt as though there was a pane of glass between its brain and its body.

Slowly, the pane of glass crumbled to dust.

‘She killed him!’ yelled a voice Ioc hadn’t heard before. A persona Ioc hadn’t created.

A persona Ioc immediately respected and feared. But for now, Ioc would take it.

Ioc’s secret weapon was more of a maneuver, an action it could take that would bring down even an Unbiased. However, it was extremely risky. Doing it could strand Ioc at that evil place, with no IID to get it out.

But Arnoldette had killed Nei’an.

Nei’an was the first body Ioc had inhabited that interested Ioc. Ioc was introduced to fun in that body. A mind had to be incredibly cracked to allow Ioc through. Most of the body’s Ioc had shared were shared by dark or boring minds, broken to the point of madness. Then, suddenly, Ioc found a mind that was shattered just enough to allow Ioc in, a mind broken, but fun. Nei’an had been unique.

And now he was gone.

Ioc screamed, then grabbed Arnoldette by the face. Amberite grew along its fingers, forming rocky cords that wrapped around Arnoldette’s face. She yelled and struggled, stabbing, scraping, trying to open Ioc’s grasp.

Ioc didn’t care.

Arnoldette teleported away, but Ioc was taken with her. Such was the way of teleportation; you took what you carried. That mode of escape was impossible.

Arnoldette must have realized this as well because she stopped, but she still struggled. Ioc was almost forced to drop her, for all the damage she was doing, but that new and last voice kept Ioc stabilized in reality.

Ioc glanced at the watch it wore on its other arm. The watch the Craftsmen had given it. The watch that counted every three seconds.

The watch that would avenge Nei’an.

Ioc watched the numeral change from a ‘3’ to a ‘1’.

Then, Ioc teleported.

And they appeared in the planet Ioc so feared. The first time Ioc had almost truly died.

The planet of green fields stretching in all directions. The planet with the L-shaped iron bar sticking fro the ground.

The planet Ioc had been stranded on for an amount of time it didn’t know.

A planet that reset it’s surroundings, taking in any newcomers and keeping them there, every three seconds.

The watch changed from a ‘1’ to a ‘2’.

Ioc, upon materializing, used the surge of Division to break the Amberite binds on Arnoldette’s face. However, at the same time, Ioc also shot an Amberite shard into her face from its palm.

Arnoldette shrieked and fell towards the planet below them, the terrible planet.

The watched changed from a ‘2’ to a ‘3’ once more.

The Amberite shard slid free of Arnoldette’s face.

Ioc teleported away, just before the planet reset and included Arnoldette as a part of the scenery, to be put back to her initial position every three seconds.

Once you were on that planet during it’s reset, you could not leave.

Unless, of course, you were Ioc and you had an IID.

Ioc appeared back at the dark plastic castle, in no mood to celebrate. Ioc only trudged towards the Heart of Silver, it’s head bent downwards, and mischevious tears falling from its eyes.

Naermen had to die. She was Ioc’s only chance. Ioc felt no resentment at that.

Why, then, did Ioc so grieve for Nei’an?

Ioc had won. Ioc had found the volleyball.

But Ioc had lost a friend. Ioc had lost Nei’an.

And it was all Prefrontal Cortex’s fault.

Speaking of Voidus Prime, I'll be doing his small scenes here now for the time being. Seems like the most appropriate thread.

A figure sat, staring at an opaque wall of light that stood before it.

Contemplating.

A long time had passed, or was it only an instant? Hard to tell in here, this sealed sphere was completely cut off from the rest of the world.

Only the regular, heavy thuds of an immense creature patrolling behind the figure gave any indication of the passing time.

Suddenly the figure shot up, eyes ablaze with excitement and realization.

"If the problem was that I used 100% of my strength to make this so breaking it is impossible, then there's an easy solution." Voidus exclaimed.

"I just need to use more than 100% of my strength now!"

He sank into a low crouch, centering his body. One clenched fist rested at his side as his muscles tensed in preparation. The air itself seemed to become noticeably heavier, even the creature that walked behind him seemed to stop and watch what was about to unfold.

The area was filled with a thick silence.

"Plus.... ULTRA!"

The silence was broken by the sudden shout as the fist flew forward at a speed no eye could follow, slamming into the wall of light that stood before it. An explosion of air burst out, collecting dust, dirt, stone and debris, then flinging it away from the figure.

There was another moment of silence and stillness before finally, the wall...

Remained exactly as it was.

"Oh. Right." Voidus said as he observed the futility of his efforts. "Using more than 100% is impossible. Forgot about that. Must make a note to fix that when I get out."

He sat down in front of the wall again.

Contemplating.

Hey, super deep and insanely complicated theory as to how we get Voidus Prime out 
if Voidus gets stronger, he can surpass the original 100%...

Like in my mind... let's use a basic example... say he used to be able to bench 150 lbs, if he trains up so he can bench 200, would that be enough to break it? More than the 100% was? I dunno how Voidus Power works because I was completely absent when he was imprisoned and everything, can his total power even be increased? Could beings like Ioc hope to match 100% of Voidus Prime's power and break him out with everyone's help?

Do we already have a strategy for getting him out that I missed somewhere? That'd be embarrassing

Ahhhhh. See, this is why I regret missing the end of Era 1 and all that, because I'm far too lazy and content to go back and read it. I thought getting Voidus out was the goal of the Liebrarians for some reason. Sorry, Voidus, but I am bound to the Liebrarians.

For now. That may change soon. Awaiting a certain reply.

Edit: I found it. Ok, I think I understand everything. Don't completely understand how Voidus ties in but I got all the Ghostblood stuff, which seems like something I should have known ugh and I understand the Worldspike and the Guardian. I'm ready to jump in wherever needed, if someone just @ me then I'll help ya out

Edited by Kidpen
Put Quote

@PrinceDusty That’s because Ark was exaggerating a little; I have completed everything in Era 0 and 1 except the Seven Day War (and Training Ground). I’ll get it up tomorrow, I promise.

But if you want a list of every inactive guild in the Alleyverse, and details of the wedding ornaments in TotH, I’ve got you covered.

Edited by MetaTerminal

An Azish man walked up to Mahz and handed him a small business card. On one side, a small bit of congealed blood coated one corner, and notes were written in tiny illegible hand; among the mess was a list of pseudonyms, written in solid printing type. The very top name was Alum. The rest were names of various cultures and planets; most began with the letter A.

On the other side, some contact details, and a simple two word phrase. I'm interested.

The Liebrarian frowned. "Alright already, just because this is a plot-relevant location doesn't mean you all have to barge in at once. Now, any who want to join on this quest, follow me." The Liebrarian delved deep into the catacombs of the Liebrary, into an aluminum lined room. "Alright, listen up. The Liebrarians have discovered a certain ritual, one that, as far as we can discern, is designed to control the Guardian of the Worldspike. For those of you who are new to the Alleyverse, there was a terrible war sixteen years ago over a giant spike called the Worldspike that holds our world together. It eventually ended when Voidus, one of the most powerful beings in the world, trapped it away, with him inside. Controlling it would give us great power. However, there are others who vie to stop us from this goal, or to control it themselves. In general, this is what we expect the factions to look like: Us, the Liebrarians, trying to gain control of it. The Dark Alley trying to stop us from controlling it. Beyond that, the other guilds could end up doing pretty much anything. Now, those who choose not to help in this task, leave now. Know that if you stay, you may do some tasks that you consider... not quite ethical."