Cosmere Colosseum: Szeth vs The Lord Ruler (Spoilers)

COSMERE COLOSSEUM  

57 members have voted

1. 1. If Szeth were ordered to assassinate the Lord Ruler, could he succeed?

But he wouldn't be able to hit the spine because TLR would be able to see it coming and prevent it, with atium.

Or just Push away the iron in his blood and shoot coins at him until he runs out of Stormlight. Or Push on his head and Pull on his neck, both with duralumin. Of course Szeth doesn't stand a chance.

I'd want to match a current Kaladin against Lerasium!Vin.

This particular match-up seems to be wrapping up more quickly than I'd anticipated, so I'll probably be writing up a (apparently very short) battle scene and starting a new fight soon.

I'll try to balance the combatants a little more this time around... anyone else have suggestions they'd like to make? I'd like to do Kaladin and Vin but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

This particular match-up seems to be wrapping up more quickly than I'd anticipated, so I'll probably be writing up a (apparently very short) battle scene and starting a new fight soon.

I'll try to balance the combatants a little more this time around... anyone else have suggestions they'd like to make? I'd like to do Kaladin and Vin but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Hmm. Kaladin and Vin sounds good, but it is a little weighted to Kaladin even with Lerasium. Szeth v. Vin or Kelsier would be cool, but it might feel like a bit of a retread. I kinda want to see Vasher vs Szeth, both wielding Nightblood (no, don't ask how both could be using Nightblood at the same time), but again, retread.

Vasher vs Eshonia...Roaden vs Denth..  Dakhor monk vs Adolin(that be a good one)

Vasher vs Adolin, perhaps? Or Vin vs Eshonai. I'd definitely like to have a Shardbearer, if we can come up with a reasonable match.

Nightblood and Nightblood's son, Eveningcerebrospinalfluid?

Nightblood has a son?!? Did I miss his romance and courtship, because I would have loved to see that. :(

Windrunner vs a jedi. Not completely cosmere, but assuming that lightsabers and shardblades can parry, it'd be one storming fight.

I was actually discussing that with my siblings the other day!

Windrunner vs a jedi. Not completely cosmere, but assuming that lightsabers and shardblades can parry, it'd be one storming fight.

Windrunner vs Jedi it is! That battle sounds awesome. I'll hurry up and write a fight scene tomorrow, and then get started on it. :)

We'll say... Kaladin vs Luke Skywalker?

Jedi might win, because they can immobilize the Windrunner from a distance with the Force. Shardblades have greater reach, but are larger and slower; on the other hand, a liveblade can turn into a more convenient sabre or rapier as well. Personally, I think the Jedi would win by merit of slightly more versatile abilities and being more used to the ideal weapon for that kind of dueling.

However, if the Windrunner can change weapons, they could aggressively keep the Jedi reacting to entirely different modes of attack, and they're more powerful in their domain despite having less versatility.

So yeah, it would be a good duel. Brandon's suggested that a Jedi would win a regular Shardbearer duel, though.

We know nothing of how their powers work though. Demoux hasn't got access to Atium (that we know of) and Galladon can't use his powers outside of Arelon.

If we assume that they both have access to their powers at full capacity, though, I think Demoux would win in a straight up fight, while Galladon would win if they both were able to make preparations and plans ahead of time. AonDor is just way more flexible and useful than any other system we've seen thus far, and I think he would be able to plan around Demoux's future sight, but in a straight up spur-of-the-moment brawl, it would be difficult to keep up with Demoux, as he can predict everything you throw at him.

It still wouldn't be entirely clear cut, though, because Demoux presumably does not have access to Allomantic pewter and has only normal human speed and reflexes, and even if he could predict everything Galladon can throw at him, a sufficiently rapid and well-aimed barrage of Aon Daa might still hit him. Galladon also has his natural resistance and healing on his side. Demoux would basically have to cut off his head to kill him for sure.

• 6 years later...