WOK/WOR vs.Warbreaker (spoilers included)

Airsick Lowlander

How would one Worldhop with Awakening anyway? Awaken something to Transport?

It's the wildest of conjectures, but it occurs to me that the divine Breath of a Returned enters a normal, dead body and transforms it into something with a subjective physical presence (all new looks). If Vasher could Command his Breath to "Move my conciousness out of my body" then he could traverse Shadesmar and animate the first Rosharan body he finds and transform it into his own. Maybe even inherit the sort of memories an amnesiac has (namely, language) from the body.

... I need to stop posting my more outlandish notions off-topic of other threads

Edited by Pechvarry

How would one Worldhop with Awakening anyway? Awaken something to Transport?

You just need a way to get into the Cognitive Realm. I suspect anyone with enough Breath could manage to look into the Cognitive Realm. I'm not sure whether or not this is sufficient to enter it physically, but it probably is.

WoR:

Kaladin manages to look into the Cognitive Realm with some mental effort. It seems reasonable that anyone, even people without powers, could manage it. Or perhaps you just need to have a little bit extra Investiture.

And, as noted, there's always poolhopping. Assuming you can find a way to not die on contact with the Shardpool in question. This probably takes some sort of special link to the Shard in question - an Allomancer to use Preservation's, an Awakener (or, more specifically, someone with Breath) to use Endowment's, that sort of thing. Or, well, given Hoid, perhaps there's something else involved in protecting yourself from a Shardpool.

WoR:

This implies the Horneaters have a special link to Cultivation, since they don't die when they use the emerald Shardpool on the Peaks.

Edited by Moogle

Elantris spoilers

Didn't the Shardpool on Sel ask what was wanted? Maybe it's as simple as speaking to the Shard and asking it to transport you to another world. You might even have to hop to a world halfway between where you're trying to go or take a round about path to your destination. Journey before Destination and all that

• Chaos locked this topic