In this topic, give as many of Brandon Sanderson's chracters as you want a theme song.

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to go with joke songs but then couldn't come up with anything yet so I'll put two serious ones:

Spoiler

I imagine the Knight Radiants leading the armies (or Kalading personally leading the Bridge Four) into fight against the Fused on a battle field while listening to this song 

Spoiler

This one is what I listened to while reading Mistborn, I think it fits Kelsies pretty nicely since he wants (and manages) to be remembered for centuries. And one mistake would've ruined it all. 

Okay I have one joke one too (which is a bit too easy):

Spoiler

Everytime Lopen does something (like Lashing himself to the ground or teaching Rua "manners") I think I can hear the Benny Hill theme quietly playing on the background

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooh, here's a game I can get into! Where to begin? 

Kaladin to Tarah

Kaladin to Moash- (NSFW)

Kelsier doing his thing at Keep V (trying to stay spoiler freeish ;))

Spoiler

Stick

I could do this all day

• 2 weeks later...

ROUND 2 (and a week or so later): ANIME BOOGALOO

Young, Flashback Dalinar

Spoiler

And now that's out of the way, I thought I'd give books/series theme songs too. And prepare for a LOT of anime songs (because I always picture books I read with anime openings and endings).

Wheel of Time (opening) 

Spoiler

https://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/aimer/re-i-am/

I guess you could say this is Rand's theme song. I feel that the song captures the scope and tone of the series for me more than anything.

Kaladin (and WoK opening)

Spoiler

YES, I KNOW IT'S THE SAME SONG AS WHEEL OF TIME. But the translated lyrics and the English ones don't have the same meaning, and I kinda like the idea of SA's first "opening"/character theme song being an English derivation of the WoT one. It's like poetry. It rhymes. And the lyrics fit Kal and Syl well too.

Also Kaladin (post-bridge 4 until The Chasm)

Spoiler

Words of Radiance "opening" (and Shallan's theme)

Spoiler

I feel like this is the song in title fits Szeth, the tone Shallan, and some of the lyrics other characters. So I feel like it captures the negative moods in the book. 

Shallan in Oathbringer

Spoiler

Dalinar (and Oathbringer opening)

Spoiler

http://www.animelyrics.com/jpop/aimer/insanedream.htm

The lyrics match up surprisingly well here, and when the guitars kick in...timing this to the Unity chapter in Oathbringer, it was a transcendental experience for me.

Spensa 

Spoiler

I think this reflects somewhat on how she feels after the events of the book. The song keeps her stubbornness, but her worldview has expanded. 

Skyward as a whole

Spoiler

I think this song really fits Spensa's arc well and has enough rock to really help those dogfights! Although the Man of Steel soundtrack works perfectly too.

https://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/aimer/starringchild/

The lyrics here fit less overall, but there's still a resonant theme that works. So I might end up saying StarRingChild is Skyward's theme and Closer is Starsight's theme.

I'm sure I'll do a part 3 eventually...whenever I reread the Reckoners trilogy...

• 7 months later...

Part 3: Parabellum 

So I reread the Reckoners trilogy but I still can't decide on a soundtrack. HOWEVER, I did reread Mistborn 1-3 recently and found that The Weeknd's Pray For Me fits very, VERY well with the trilogy for me.

Spoiler

In a few weeks I'll reread Era 2 and come back for that. 

Also, in my mind Dalinar's "Words That Bind Us" from above fits the opening for WoR more than just for him, and "The Assassin" fits better as an ending. 

I heard the Pink Floyd classic song "Learning To Fly" again recently, and immediately thought of Kaladin's story arc with Syl in Words of Radiance.

A soul in tension, that's learning to fly

Condition grounded, but determined to try

Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

Edited by robardin

• 2 weeks later...

For Raoden for Elantris

Spoiler

For Shallan,ESPECIALLY during Oathbringer

Spoiler

And this last one is a bit of a stretch, but for Dockson for Mistborn Era 1.

Spoiler

EDIT: I included the link to Dockson's coppermind page in hope that it would give more context, but if it's still unclear just ask and I can try to explain it.

Edited by animalia
spelling

• 4 weeks later...

I have two new ones.

For Kalladin, especially his dealing with Depression and his reputation. 

Spoiler

This next one requires a bit of an introspective look at the charachter Jasnah, but when you start to think about the way she feels about herself and the way the world views her. Especially when you get lines like. "Do you know like what it is not to be able to trust your own mind?" As well as the way others refer to fer as having the "empathy of a stone" I feel the following song fits her. At least as of the point in the series when I am posting this,
Lyric correction: "Mirror, what's inside me?" should be "Fear of what's inside me"

Spoiler

Edited by animalia
added details

• 1 month later...