Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Argent

Skyward: Nov 12, 2018 [Anchorage, AK] (Barnes & Noble #2784)

9 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, infusedsphere said:

is anyone more experienced going to this one

Signings are about having fun and meeting Brandon and fellow fans, don't need experience for that :)

On 12/10/2018 at 0:05 AM, infusedsphere said:

is anyone more experienced going to this one

i'll be there... though, like Argent says... you hardly need experience to sit in awe of the Grandmaster Sanderson while he bestows amazingness to us lowly commoners...

edit: ooh! i'm noble blooded now! lol.

but for real... i'm really hoping that we get an amazing showing for this so that B&N will be willing to bring him back up. Its crazy expensive flying to the lower 48 to get to these signings (i've done it... but man... $$$)

Looking forward to meeting the AK Sanderfans!

Edited by hula
addtl note

ooh... no other replies... I'm hoping that the almost 200 views is a better indicator of attendance... I've told everyone I know about it... Not sure how else to spread the word.

if anything- it'll just mean that he can hang out w/us more :-)

15 hours ago, hula said:

if anything- it'll just mean that he can hang out w/us more :-)

Trust me, that's better. I'd sacrifice the entire Chicago crowd if it could somehow lead to more quality Brandon-time instead of a policy investigation...

for anyone interested.... gotta get your wristband early...

bn.png

well... i totally fangirled it up & interrupted Brandon as he was answering some of my questions... cutting him off from potentially giving me awesome info...

however- i did ask:

me: is the 17th shard based in Silverlight? like- their home of operations.

B: yes. (paraphrased)

at a previous signing, i asked if the members in the 17th shard, like Demoux & Galladon are in the shard after "their" stories or before, and he said "after". So- Those two and others would have been recruited after the original trilogy's timeline for Mistborn, and after the events of Elantris. Not sure if that's worth noting on the Coppermind, but... I kicked myself afterwards for not allowing him to speak more to answering the questions

2 hours ago, hula said:

well... i totally fangirled it up & interrupted Brandon as he was answering some of my questions... cutting him off from potentially giving me awesome info...

We all do this the first time :)

Thank you for reporting this, we might not have audio of the signing line, so paraphrased reports like this are extra valuable.