Skyward: Nov 06, 2018 [Orem, UT] (Barnes & Noble – University Crossings Plaza)

Argent

My questions were: Could Navani's emotion bracelet be used to detect emotional allomancy?

Yes, that is possible.

Mrall is Taravangian's assistant who is shaved completely bald; does he lack hair all over?

He is not completely hairless.

Because his comment about being able to turn his emotions off at his master's command got me suspicious.

You are looking in the right direction.

My questions were as such:

what does copper flaring do? RAFO until mistborn era 3 ( I think he interpreted that as copper compounding)

could vin burn a feruchemical metalmind for allomantic power? I think I’ve answered this before (the only WoB that fits this implies that the answer would be no, you cannot until you’ve burnt away the feruchemical charge).

what realm does storing in a metalmind go into? In cosmere terms, mostly in the spiritual realm, a little bit in the physical realm, but it does not change the molecular structure of the metal. 

I didn't get any WOBs unfortunately, by the time my family's numbers were called it was after midnight and we had an hour and a half drive back.  Thankfully for the future we now know we have friend privileges and can cut in line so we don't have to wait five hours.  My uncle was his best friend growing up so, we have a pretty good in with Brandon.

This was probably already assumed or asked at an early time but, my question was: if a herald were to die, like really die, not coming back, could someone take up their mantle as herald?

B: That is a RAFO  

Not sure if the rest of his answer constitutes a spoiler for OB, but

Spoiler

B: because that happened at the end of oathbringer so we’ll have to see.

Me: Oh, I didn’t know if we knew for sure that he was really dead.

B: He is

Edited by Aerim
Added a potential spoiler

What a great release party! I was very pleased to meet for the first time in person @Firerust, @Shqueeves, @Stormlightning, @ElephantEarwax, @OrangeJedi, @JoyBlu, @The Forgetful Archivist, and possibly others that I've forgotten. (Apologies if I met you for the first time last night but forgot to mention you here!)

I got some photos of JoyBlu in her lovely Aviar costume, with OrangeJedi in his mistcloak. :)

5be381d18fe4d_DSCN5779JoyBluandOrangeJedi.thumb.jpg.87823c5e3485f9d99ceed6470703182e.jpg

5be381d9c1e3d_DSCN5780JoyBluandOrangeJedi.thumb.jpg.2a8db5be14f680aa33416e13ef00ca9a.jpg

And here's me with Brandon :D

5be38208d57a6_DSCN5778BrandonSanderson.thumb.jpg.46a4780e2567fed6c451a1049c2b5a35.jpg

What a fun event! I'm still recovering from the lack of sleep all day, but it was worth it! Was super fun to see @JoyBlu again (yay OB release friends!) and everyone else who came out for the wristbands and signing. In case any of you don't know, I'm the one who was carrying around the framed map of Roshar (pictures to follow). As a side note, I suggested to Issac that he do a foil print of Shadesmar as well, which he really liked! Enough to write it down so he wouldn't forget, at least. And I mentioned it a few times to Kara as well. So if that happens in the future, you're welcome! :)

I got to ask a few questions as well, one of which was also from our OB release party group! Very happy I finally got to ask. Here they all are!

Me: How many spren would it take to make a shard-trebuchet?
Brandon: I'm not sure what a trebuchet is...but only one, if you have the right kind of spren.

Me: Would you be willing to share the failed process Hoid used to attempt becoming an Elantrian?
Brandon: Nope! RAFO

Me: Wit said that failure is the mark of a life well lived. And in turn, the only way to live without failure is to be of no use to anyone. Is there anything that Hoid has failed at that we haven't seen on screen that you would be willing to share?
Brandon: There are certain people he thought he was going to be able to help that ended up not surviving.

Me: Hoid is not capable of hurting anyone, but in WoK we see him wearing a side sword. Is that simply for show?
Brandon: That's just for show. We'll see him do this again in the next book as well. It's symbolic.

Me: Wit states "Some men, as they age, grow wiser. I am not one of those, for wisdom and I have always been at cross-purposes, and I have yet to learn the tongue in which she speaks." Is he referring to wisdom as a concept?
Brandon: (with a very sly smile) RAFO

Me: Knowing both basic and advanced studies of Realmatic Theory are key to understanding how not just magic, but the very nature of the cosmere works. We already have some of the fundamentals, including
    - Three realms: Physical, Cognitive, and Spiritual
    - Shard aspects were made with intent, but the form they building blocks of much of the cosmere
    - Connection to a Shard is necessary to access its Investiture
    - Identity and Connection work similar to badge access for an individual to a specific building (Brandon said this is a fair assessment)
Is there a more advanced concept of Realmatic Theory we don't have yet that you'd be willing to share?
Brandon: No. It's too hard to say off the cuff what we know and don't know. So RAFO, but I will put them in the books when I'm ready to develop them.

That's all of them. But also, here are pictures!

1106180925_HDR.jpg

1106181856_Burst03.jpg

1106182116_HDR.jpg

1106182114a_HDR.jpg

Edited by the.fulgid
The posting was being dumb and saved prematurely

3 hours ago, the.fulgid said:

Me: Wit states "Some men, as they age, grow wiser. I am not one of those, for wisdom and I have always been at cross-purposes, and I have yet to learn the tongue in which she speaks." Is he referring to wisdom as a concept?

Brandon: (with a very sly smile) RAFO

Ooooo, that's a good one, perhaps there is a Shard of Wisdom and maybe that's the patron Shard of Silverlight.

51 minutes ago, QuantumSpren said:

Ooooo, that's a good one, perhaps there is a Shard of Wisdom and maybe that's the patron Shard of Silverlight.

Yes! I very much approve of this line of thought. Maybe someone could ask "Does Silverlight have a patron Shard?" 

1 hour ago, Firerust said:

Wait, @the.fulgid, are you in that Skyward backdrop photo? I met a couple people in that photo at the release party!

Indeed! I'm the one on the far left (or stage right, for all my theater friends). How did we meeting? Anything I would remember you by? Oh!! Are you Zach??

2 hours ago, the.fulgid said:

Indeed! I'm the one on the far left (or stage right, for all my theater friends). How did we meeting? Anything I would remember you by? Oh!! Are you Zach??

Aha! So it WAS you! I was the young man with glasses behind you in the Starbucks line holding Arcanum Unbounded who asked you about your Roshar map and talked with you about what Sel could have been like before Odium's interference.