Skyward: Nov 06, 2018 [Orem, UT] (Barnes & Noble – University Crossings Plaza)

Argent

• Argent changed the title to Skyward: Nov 06, 2018 [Orem, UT] (Barnes & Noble – University Crossings Plaza)
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Nesh said:

It is, but when I was searching for it on their site it wasn't showing up.  Very odd.

Odd indeed. I found it through the Event section on Brandon's website, maybe B&N updated their link or something? You could always give them a call and double check :)

3 minutes ago, Argent said:

Odd indeed. I found it through the Event section on Brandon's website, maybe B&N updated their link or something? You could always give them a call and double check :)

Must have been a site glitch, because it was there after the announcement, then it disappeared for days and now it's back.  Good to know though, would have hated to show up and him not be there.

FYI, I just called the Orem Barnes and Noble, and they directed me to the event listing on their Facebook page, which was moderately helpful. I've included some of the details from the event at the bottom of this post.

There was no information on actually pre-ordering a book, though, and there wasn't any clear way to "pre-order for pickup in store" on their website.  I called the store again and was able to place a pre-order over the phone - that would be my recommendation, to make sure it ends up in the right place.

How numbers are assigned:

SKYWARD book numbers will be shared with another online bookstore. Barnes & Noble Orem will have book numbers 1-99, 200-299, 400-499 for pre-orders. 
Those who wait to buy SKYWARD at Barnes & Noble Orem on the day of the release will have book numbers 600-699, 800-899. These numbers will be pushed back if pre-orders exceed 300. 
Those who are bringing a SKYWARD book NOT purchased from Barnes & Noble Orem will be given book numbers 1000-1099. These numbers will be pushed back if pre-orders exceed 300. 

Wristband details:

We will start giving out wristbands the day of the signing, Tuesday November 6th at 9am. Since this is a book launch, wristbands will be done different than a typical signing. If you have gone to a book launch for Brandon Sanderson before, his team will be handling wristbands and line management, so you will be more familiar with the process. There will be 2 different wristbands. One color for those getting a numbered edition of SKYWARD, and another color for those not getting a numbered edition of SKYWARD. 

SKYWARD Wristbands
Line numbers and book numbers will be the same.
One numbered wristband per SKYWARD book. One companion wristband may be requested per number. ***Purchase is required at the time the wristband is picked up.**** Bring your receipt to the signing to redeem your SKYWARD book.

ADVISORY! PLEASE PRE-ORDER YOUR BOOK SO THERE ARE ENOUGH THAT NIGHT! LINE PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO PRE-ORDER!

• 2 weeks later...

Excited to attend this Tuesday! I’m fairly new to this fandom, and have some anxiety about asking questions at the signing. I went to a signing 3 or 4 years ago in Nebraska, but all I did was gush about how much I love Mistborn. I know, so original. Anyway, hoping some of you could help me out on understanding good behavior at this event, because I don’t want to do anything improper!

From the “signing etiquette and guidelines” thread it seems there is usually a Q&A near the beginning of the event, is that supposed to be Skyward related? This is a non-Cosmere book signing, is it still ok to ask Cosmere related questions?

From what I can tell, during the signing people often ask a question(s?) while he is signing your book(s), is that correct? Does anyone have advice or guidelines as to what these questions can be about/should be about? Also, what do you do? Just hand him the book and fire a question at him? Feels rude.. so probably thank him for being an amazing writer and so good to his fans first? 

Does anyone have advice on how to determine if your question or a similar question has been asked before? I have found and read through some of the posts on the Arcanum, but there is so much information there and I found it only recently. I guess I haven’t looked at search options on Arcanum so I will do that! I just wouldn’t want to “waste” a question!

Anyone have any other advice? I’ll probably be attending alone, and I like to know as much as possible before doing things alone to avoid any potential embarrassment! Seriously contemplating just attending the beginning and not getting anything signed so as to avoid standing in line by myself!