Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

10 hours ago, Darkness_ said:

Total Domi-nation

Sometimes Domi does not like listening to people. Sometimes Domi does not like it when people forget him. Domi will reward those who worship him.

They cursed his name and Domi’s name. Domi did not like their insolence. Jaddeth deserved better. Whilst split now, Domi and Jaddeth were once one. But Dereth and Korath were gone. All that remained was Odium and shards of a once prosperous world.

They would pay...while Jaddeth and Domi have no power now...Domi and Jaddeth have ideologies, and ideas are dangerous.

\\Lol no secrets revealed//

Wyrn cracked his knuckles and signed the final sheet of paperwork with a swift press of his brazen stamp.

Done.

The plans had been finalised and mobilisation would begin. Wyrn smiled quietly, wondering whether Hrathen was anywhere near converting the heretics who dared profane Jaddeth.

No matter.

They would serve under Shu-Dereth and be purified either way, soon the Fjordell Empire would be reborn and the Wyrns would be spoken of in hushed tones in every household.
Soon it would be Fjordell’s time in the sun once more.

\\Event Initiated- Invasion//

10 cycles remain until the Invasion begins.

Upon reading this, Daan fell to his knees in worship. "Oh great Domi, I meant nothing by it, you are truly so merciful and wonderful and fantastic! Oh, and Jaddeth too! Yep! Jaddeth is so great! MmmmHmmmmm. All the gods are fantastic. please don't kill me I like being alive."

2 hours ago, Coop772 said:

Regarding the random reacts, I'm going to wait to reveal what I see until further notice for a variety of reasons, none of which are to hurt the village.

If you see something, possibly relating to your votes on GMs, @Kidpen almost certainly can see the upper reaction post. If what Coop can see is just one of his turn 1 posts, there shouldn't be a particular reason to hide it.

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If you see something, possibly relating to your votes on GMs, @Kidpen almost certainly can see the upper reaction post. If what Coop can see is just one of his turn 1 posts, there shouldn't be a particular reason to hide it.

I see nothing, but I presume it's my first RP post.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the Invasion was already part of the plan for the game. Lynching Joe did nothing. We need to have an actual lynch this time. I've never been in a conversion game and it's gonna frustrate me so badly to have to start off every round with new reads because of people being converted. Best to finish the game in as few cycles as possible. 

For now, I'll repeat my vote on Elandera to start the lynch discussion. 

@Elandera I'd like your feedback on why you didn't vote on people you cast suspicion on and kept your poke vote on Steel.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Because autocorrect insists on making me look like a cannibal

2 hours ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

For now, I'll repeat my vote on Elandera to start the lynch discussion. 

@Elandera I'd like your feedback on why you didn't vote on people you cast suspicion on and kept your poke vote on Steel.

I didn't really feel the need to remove my vote. While I didn't exactly want a Steel lynch, there wasn't much of a threat of that happening while I was still awake. No one seemed keen on a lynch at all, unless you counted the votes on Joe. I went to sleep early (because I'm fighting a bad cold), and there were only really votes on Joe, plus mine and Mailliw's votes. After that is when most of the other votes started rolling in.

There was also a bit of curiosity as a reason behind leaving the vote. Often letting eliminators use vote manipulation can reveal a bit about their plan and who is on their side. Since they didn't use it, and easily could have, I suspect they didn't particularly care to have a lynch during C1.

As for why I didn't vote on people I found suspicious, I stated my reason for not voting on Mailliw already. That reasoning still stands. I also feel pushing for that kind of exchange might be too obvious for an eliminator, looking back on it. I didn't vote for those urging to not trade faction information because I would be among that list, and it does seem perfectly logical for the other gangs to not want that information out there so blatantly. My comment was more just personal musing rather than actual suspicion.

Graccas came running towards the group from the same direction he had left after his incident several hours earlier. "I have seen the light!" He yelled, as he got within earshot of the main group. "Domi has shown me his will! Repent, and join with me in the worship of Domi!" By this time, he had reached the main group, and he had a distinctly different bearing about him compared to the wildman he had been the day before. He ran over to the steel squid "Join me! Domi is welcoming of everyone!"

Ten cycles until invasion. Okay, sure. If this game lasts 11 cycles we’re doing something tragically wrong. :P 

I did advocate against wasting a lynch, but what’s done is done. Since I assume conversions are not announced, the transient nature of my reads is going to be tough to deal with, but we should all be keeping an eye out for sudden shifts in behavior or stances. I would be very surprised if the Spirits didn’t convert last cycle, though. They had every reason to. 

I don’t find Elandera’s Steel vote particularly suspicious, but have no better lynch target right now. I’ll do a more detailed perusal of the thread and see what I can do. 

Well, let's beat the Derethi! Based off of the conversation last cycle, my biggest gut-reads are Sart, Steel, and Elandera. I'm not sure how much I can flesh out all of the reasoning behind those, mostly just gut feelings. Because BR also said she felt something off about Elandera, he'd probably be the first I vote for, though I'm not sure yet.

I just reread Dashe's role and I think that will definitely be vital for us. So, whoever you are, I recommend you share your findings with us. The Spirits don't have a kill role in this game(unless they convert Aanden or a Wildmen, and even then it's not a definite kill role) and you aren't much use to them since they obviously already know where the nonconverted ones are. My personal opinion is that relatively soon, you share your raiding information with us, so that we can start to examine our factions(if we're in the ones with converts). 

Joe/Darkness, if Dashe does a scan on a gang and Raoden is in that one, but no other Spirit converts, will that show up on the scan?

14 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

Well, let's beat the Derethi! Based off of the conversation last cycle, my biggest gut-reads are Sart, Steel, and Elandera. I'm not sure how much I can flesh out all of the reasoning behind those, mostly just gut feelings. Because BR also said she felt something off about Elandera, he'd probably be the first I vote for, though I'm not sure yet.

I just reread Dashe's role and I think that will definitely be vital for us. So, whoever you are, I recommend you share your findings with us. The Spirits don't have a kill role in this game(unless they convert Aanden or a Wildmen, and even then it's not a definite kill role) and you aren't much use to them since they obviously already know where the nonconverted ones are. My personal opinion is that relatively soon, you share your raiding information with us, so that we can start to examine our factions(if we're in the ones with converts). 

Joe/Darkness, if Dashe does a scan on a gang and Raoden is in that one, but no other Spirit converts, will that show up on the scan?

For the purpose of Dashe, Raoden and Galladon count as converts.

10 hours ago, Jaddeth in the Bush said:

The random reactions were originally links to posts from Turn 1. Because the threads got merged, the links broke. When Domi awakens, he'll fix them.

Yes, that's what happened and no, I won't fix them. You guys can read back and figure it out ;) (Alas the pains of being a lazy idea of a god)

10 hours ago, Coop772 said:

I kind of feel like this may be an attempt to hide something about the secret rules, but I'm probably just being paranoid.

They're genuine reactions, read into them as much as you like. Biases and amusement come from somewhere.

4 hours ago, Coop772 said:

Actually, that's a good point. If we take 10 cycles something has gone horribly wrong. But Joe is not dumb enough to underestimate us that much. This makes me suspect that there are events that may speed up the count down. Keep this in mind

For one, I came up with this, for two, no I think we're perfect in our estimations.

9 hours ago, Coop772 said:

I disagree. My take on the writeup was that nothing happened because you tried to lynch Joe, since he has yet to gain power. 

I disagree. I think that this was caused by us lynching Joe, because he's come to expect it at this point.

3 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I disagree. I think that this was caused by us lynching Joe, because he's come to expect it at this point.

I shall note that Wyrn's Invasion was planned to happen from the beginning.

Also to be noted: Dashe only determines the amount of non-converted members in a gang. Dashe only gets a number- it is a very broad alignment scanner so please don't refer to it as an ability that tells you who are the Spirits in a gang. Don't want people confused and mis-interpreting the results.

Edited by Darkness_
Aka read the damnation rules

Here are my thoughts from D1.

Regarding the discussion about revealing factions, I think it can be alignment indicative, however, I don't think that we have enough information yet to determine which factions is indicated by which statements. In a few cycles, it may be beneficial to return to look about which faction says which things. Unfortunately by then, some of our alignments will have undoubtedly changed, and we will no longer be able to trust our D1 alignment reads. However, it may help us to find changes in playstyles, etc. For now, I will ignore this part of D1, because I don't know how to get a specific read from it.

Regarding the lynch discussion, The SE community has, generally speaking, agreed that in most situations, a lynch on D1 is good, because it helps us start to get information immediately. That being said, Eliminators, or in this case, Spirits would want to stop a lynch D1, without making it obvious. Last cycle, all anyone would have needed to do was vote late, for someone with no votes, or vote for Joe/Jaddeth, or Darkness/Domi. That means that four of the people on my suspicion list are Bard, Straw, Meta, and Kidpen.

Of those, only a maximum of 2 can be Spirits, but I would expect it to only be 1, and maybe someone who has since been converted.

Kidpen was the most immediately obvious to me, because their behavior seemed very strange. But then I remembered that Kidpen's behavior is usually odd and eccentric. Storms, the first game they (and I) played, they claimed to be an eliminator on their first post. Therefore, I can't get anything of Kidpen's eccentric behavior yet.

Young Bard also gave me other reason to be suspicious of him. @Young Bard(I hope this gives you time to respond) One of his posts seemed too Elimey for me

Failing this, I've read the thread, but I haven't done it thoroughly enough to get any solid reads out of it, especially on Cycle 1, and especially in a conversion game where there are only two Eliminators to start out. I hope to reread the thread after tomorrow night and see if I spot anything particularly unusual. In the interest of saying something useful, though, I'm going to say I have a tentative trust on Maill for now, as his plan seems like a villager-y way of getting potentially alignment-indicative information out of people (which, if I read him correctly, was probably more his intent than treating his plan as anything serious anyway.) I've also marked down in my head that I want to read Steel's posts carefully in particular, since something about them seems slightly off to me, but I'm not sure if that's just my clutching at straws, whether Steel's an Eliminator, or whether this is a kinda-but-not-really-a-faction-game. (It's probably the first, but I hope to see if I can pin that down more firmly on the reread, and point to something specifically that Steel can defend himself from.)

Maybe it's just a gut read, but the fact that Bard basically voted for a non-player, then tried to soft clear someone, while casting suspicion on someone else reads like a Spirit to me. I think, thought that the person he soft-cleaed, Maill, and the person he put suspicion on, Steel, at the time were both likely village, of different factions. I don't think Bard would have tried distancing, as it's been done to death recently, so he is just avoiding talking about his partner. Yeah, so something just feels off.  "I'm not sure if that's just my clutching at straws, whether [Bard's] an Eliminator, or whether this is a kinda-but-not-really-a-faction-game." :P

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Kidpen was the most immediately obvious to me, because their behavior seemed very strange. But then I remembered that Kidpen's behavior is usually odd and eccentric. Storms, the first game they (and I) played, they claimed to be an eliminator on their first post. Therefore, I can't get anything of Kidpen's eccentric behavior yet.

Yay for strategy!