Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

Alright so currently Joe has 2 votes on him. One from Straw and one from MetaTerminal. (I'm assuming Kidpen's vote on Darkness canceled his first vote on Joe although I never saw him green the name.

That would leave it at 2 for Joe, and 1 for Drought, Steel, Bard, and Kidpen. Which means with a vote manipulation out there they could move one of the votes and cause it to be a two way tie which, according to the rules, deals damage to both people. (Providing the Joe vote counts)

And if it doesn't then we're looking at causing 4 different players all getting 1 pain added to their level. That's not a good idea. Or having the vote manipulation take their pick of targets sitting there nicely lined up as Sart pointed out.

If it gets down to the wire and no one else votes then I'll place my vote on one of the current candidates but personally I'm getting a weird feeling from Elandera's posts reading back through the cycle. 

First two posts are just rp and rule clarification and then second is asking what's to keep Spirit's gang from claiming to be Independents but then posts again saying they misunderstood the rule about only Independents making PMs. So still NAI.

But then I don't like how they voted for Steel with a poke vote when the said they were interested in starting a "real lynch discussion" and they even commented on how they had a slight suspicion on Mail in two separate posts but never voted on him. Yes, they said it was because it was his first game back but also a poke vote that hasn't been removed is a safe place to hide if you don't have any suspicions because you are an elim and you can always say you fully meant to remove the vote and didn't get to or forgot. Also, they cast slight suspicion on people who are against Mail's plan in one of their next posts and that's twice they've cast doubt on people without voting with that suspicion which is often an elim thing to do. 

I could be wrong about this,  but it's all I've got for day 1 suspicion. And also if it's confusing it's because I'm tired. I apologize.

Edited by BrightnessRadiant
Name spelled wrong

1 Hour Left

Vote Count:

Joe in the Bush(2): Straw, Metaterminal

Steeldancer(1): Elandera

Young Bard(1): Sart

Kidpen(1): Scholar

Darkness(1): Kidpen

Elandera(1): Brightness

DroughtDrinker(1): Maillliw

Remember that there is a minimum of two votes required for a lynch, or for a tie. 5 people with 1 vote each does not count as a Tie.

11 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Remember that there is a minimum of two votes required for a lynch, or for a tie. 5 people with 1 vote each does not count as a Tie.

Ah right. That's good. Said I was tired lol.

Okay but it still leaves the lynch open to vote manipulation where it is now. And it also could be left open to a WGG since a tie with Joe would probably only result in the player receiving one pain level as stated in the rules. Not too risky to just get one pain level I don't think. I've seen riskier done and gotten away with.

Anyways, this lynch needs to be decided not tied because we won't learn anything by dealing one level of pain to a random player.

@Crimsn-Wolf @Fifth Scholar @xinoehp512 @Kidpen @Devotary of Spontaneity @Elandera @Steeldancer @Walin @Cadmium Compounder @Mailliw73 @I think I am here. @Alvron @Straw @Droughtbringer @TheMightyLopen @Shqueeves @MetaTerminal @ElephantEarwax

12 hours ago, Mailliw73 said:

Understandable. Any reason why you picked Steel specifically? I'd like to vote for Kaido @Young Bard. You're typically more talkative, IIRC. Have you been able to check out the thread yet?

That's understandable. I'm suspicious of you too, because that's the nature of the game. :P I figured the ultimate outcome of the discussion would be useful, either way the players decided. I gained some good reads from it, I think. 

That's fair. I've sat down to type out a response three times now, and three times I've had something interrupt me IRL. Also, after tomorrow midnight (AEST time, so about 32 hours from now), a major assignment of mine I'm working on will be handed in, and I'll have a lot more time to devote to this.

I'm also against Maill's plan to reveal the players, for a lot of similar reasons as what people have said here before, but also because, even if everything goes exactly as Maill says and we catch Raoden and Galladon, it might happen at the expense of fun. It definitely won't be fun for Raoden and Galladon, who, especially if they're part of the Independents, will get caught out without any chance of being able to try to defend themselves, nor will it be especially fun for the villagers - after the initial "hype" (I can't think of the word I want) for the plan, quickly becomes kind of formulaic and uninteresting for them as well. Admittedly, with the conversion in play, the second half of the game would still be much more interesting trying to catch the converts, but I'm still not enthusiastic about that plan.

Also, I remember MR14 - I kind of think lynching Joe is a bad idea... :ph34r:

Failing this, I've read the thread, but I haven't done it thoroughly enough to get any solid reads out of it, especially on Cycle 1, and especially in a conversion game where there are only two Eliminators to start out. I hope to reread the thread after tomorrow night and see if I spot anything particularly unusual. In the interest of saying something useful, though, I'm going to say I have a tentative trust on Maill for now, as his plan seems like a villager-y way of getting potentially alignment-indicative information out of people (which, if I read him correctly, was probably more his intent than treating his plan as anything serious anyway.) I've also marked down in my head that I want to read Steel's posts carefully in particular, since something about them seems slightly off to me, but I'm not sure if that's just my clutching at straws, whether Steel's an Eliminator, or whether this is a kinda-but-not-really-a-faction-game. (It's probably the first, but I hope to see if I can pin that down more firmly on the reread, and point to something specifically that Steel can defend himself from.)

Kaido saw ranks upon ranks of Hoed in the room, half comatose, but occasionally thrashing as though to ward off their own demons that no-one else could see. Slowly, he paused in front of each one, heard their mumbles, and made the sign of Domi for them, before passing on, and doing the same for the next person down the line.

The other person looked at him. "Why do you bother?"

"Everyone else has abandoned these people - someone must remember them, and pray for them."

There was another reason, of course, which he didn't say, but breathed a sigh of relief when, several hours later, he had finished praying for the entire group.

His son. His son was not with the Hoed. Not here, not yet, at least.

Edited by Young Bard
Just added an 'also' into the first paragraph, which makes it flow better, and because my first and second sentence aren't really related. Yeah, I'm pedantic.

2 minutes ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

@Young Bard any thoughts on the lynch that you could share or help just based on gut or anything? Currently it's too open and the only way I could change that alone is voting on Joe but I don't feel like dying. I don't trust voting on a GM lol

Hmmm... I like to live dangerously - to avoid vote shenanigans by Raoden, assuming this counts for anything whatsoever, and that I'm not about to die, Joe.

As for the other players up for the lynch:

Steel - probably my most likely candidate due to a gut read, but I don't especially want to lynch him this cycle until I figure out why - maybe next cycle. Slight Elim.

Kidpen - Voted on Joe - I got the sense that Kidpen didn't have any reads he wanted to act on, and was just mucking around until he got a better idea. Very, very slight village.

Elandara - "Weird vibes" from BR - fair enough, I suppose - I didn't see anything like that, but when I reread, I'll keep an eye out on Elan's posts. Neutral.

Drought - Inactive vote - as good as anything, I suppose? Still, Drought can be an active player depending on what he's got on IRL, so I'd like to hear him post at least something first. Neutral.

1 minute ago, Young Bard said:

Hmmm... I like to live dangerously - to avoid vote shenanigans by Raoden, assuming this counts for anything whatsoever, and that I'm not about to die, Joe.

I will put flowers on your grave every day...except maybe Tuesdays. Gotta have a day off.

But thank you for your reads!

Total Domi-nation

Sometimes Domi does not like listening to people. Sometimes Domi does not like it when people forget him. Domi will reward those who worship him.

“By NIGHTS I’ll do it. I’ll effing cut you!”

“Oh no you won’t you little schlitz, or you know I’ll club you in the head”

The two men circled each other, brandishing their weapons and baring their teeth. Most of the group now yelled and egged either side on, their hunger forgotten for the while. Karata tutted quietly, pulling her Children aside. What has this world come to, she thought, Once people would jump into fights without any thought for the consequences...but the moment something that won’t heal is on the line, they become children afraid of their parents. She couldn’t tell which was worse, hot-headed men jumping at the slightest conflict or children unable to reach any closure. Even so, the people of Elantris were taught with suppressed emotion and ability and small bouts of entertainment distracted them from their miserable existance. They had even forgotten about Raoden and the newcomer, with him the food they all desired.

She had to admit, she had a soft spot for the man, it had been nearly 4 years that she had spent in Elantris and only until his arrival had she felt interest and curiosity in something. Not only did he look familiar to her, but he had an air of mystery and delight that drew her towards him.

“Galladon! The other man!” cried a voice from the back of the crowd. “He’s always around Spirit yet he wasn’t with us today!”. Karata’s eyes swept past a depressed looking woman as she focused on the voice. The speaker stepped forward and proposed that perhaps Raoden’s gambit today had been a cover-up to some other plan of his. The two encircling men, now forgotten, moved back into the crowd, silent.

“Do you all think it is odd, that Raoden not only take the man’s food, but take the man himself?” Aanden slurred slowly, eyes moving from gangleader to gangleader. “The man is clearly up to something, do you all agree with me on this?”. Voices of affirmation greeted him as he walked towards Karata. “You, you know the man better than any of us. What do you suppose he would be up to?”.

“Well, for starters I wouldn’t say I know him well, he eludes me just as much as he confounds you Aand” Karata responded, “However, he has established that he enjoys power and control...perhaps he seeks to establish his own gang in our little arrangement”.

“I don’t like it” Shaor piped up, “I say we hunt them and crush them. We can use their bodies as tinder for our fires to keep us warm...too bad Elantrian flesh tastes horrible”.

The others gave her tired looks and her men drew closer around her, “I say we make sure none of us have any intentions of joining the Spirit at any point, don’t you think so?”

“I agree with the child” Aanden asserted, “newcomers are infrequent so the spirit’s best path of action would be to undermine us and build his own empire out of our hard work”.

Karata wished she hadn’t spoken, it was the best idea she had in the hopes of avoiding the others suspicions.  They already whispered of her interactions with the stranger and anything more would have brought danger upon her children.

“Well then, I guess we need to work together don’t we!” exclaimed a female voice, “I for one am sick of our stupid little feuds. We have our strengths and I say we use them in tandem for once, who knows what could come of it”. The gangleaders looked at her in thought,as Aanden pulled her aside and whispered something in her ear. He looked up once he was finished. “No. It is too dangerous. For now at least. For all we know the spirit has already infiltrated us and has connections in all our factions. The way I see it, he would not have pulled his actions today without any plannning or preparation behind it”

“So you are saying we return home with our tails between our legs and watch his plan unfold?” the speaker who had initiated the discussion questioned. “Well, we have our ambassadors and will be able to maintain communication amongst us. We will have to wait yes, but until we can strike at the spirit and his goon we must ascertain our own security and stability” Aanden replied tartly.

“Are we done here then? I’m starting to get bored” Shaor whined. “So it would seem, shall we reconvene tomorrow then?” Karata questioned. “Aye, I expect our ambassadors to maintain utmost confidentiality and to not be those susceptable to the spirit’s...charms” Aanden confirmed and concluded.

The gangleaders nodded to each other and soon the entrance gate was clear of all stagnant life as each gang filed out, eyes wary and tongues quiet.

Kaido was annoyed, the stranger had introduced himself as Spirit and almost immediately launched into a small speech outlining some plan to awaken the Dor and unite Elantris.

Idiot.

The Dor had been quiet for 10 years, ever since the Reod struck and the catachasm seemed to swallow the magic along with the earth it had opened between. Kaido had politely thanked the man for saving his life, given him a piece of bread as compensation then slowly backed out of the room. The look of dissapointment on “spirit” nearly made Kaido feel guilty for having other priorities…

Oh right, his priorities, he slapped his forehead.

Focus Kaido, your son must be somewhere here in the city…

They cursed his name and Domi’s name. Domi did not like their insolence. Jaddeth deserved better. Whilst split now, Domi and Jaddeth were once one. But Dereth and Korath were gone. All that remained was Odium and shards of a once prosperous world.

They would pay...while Jaddeth and Domi have no power now...Domi and Jaddeth have ideologies, and ideas are dangerous.

\\Lol no secrets revealed//

Wyrn cracked his knuckles and signed the final sheet of paperwork with a swift press of his brazen stamp.

Done.

The plans had been finalised and mobilisation would begin. Wyrn smiled quietly, wondering whether Hrathen was anywhere near converting the heretics who dared profane Jaddeth.

No matter.

They would serve under Shu-Dereth and be purified either way, soon the Fjordell Empire would be reborn and the Wyrns would be spoken of in hushed tones in every household.
Soon it would be Fjordell’s time in the sun once more.

\\Event Initiated- Invasion//

Vote Count:

Spoiler

Jaddeth(3): Bard, Straw, Metaterminal
Steeldancer(1): Elandera
Young Bard(1): Sart
Kidpen(1): Scholar
Domi(1): Kidpen
Elandera(1): Brightness
DroughtDrinker(1): Maillliw

Nobody died or was lynched

Player List

Spoiler

Astrea (Crimsn Wolf)

Mist (Fifth Scholar)

Ynoga (xinoehp512)

Daan (Kidpen)

Venele (Brightness Radiant)

Ashertma (Devotary of Spontaneity)

Rena (Elandera)

Squid of Sensationalism (Steeldancer)

Agri Kai (Walin)

Spork (Cadmium Compounder)

Mii (Mailliw73)

Itiah X (I think I am here)

Diir (Alvron)

Straw (Straw (Straw (Straw)))

Soul (Droughtdrinker)

Flavio (TheMightyLopen)

A Shqueev (Multiple Shqueeves)

Kielan (MetaTerminal)

Sheol (ElephantEarwax)

SIGN ME UP (Coop772)

Rat (Sart)

Kaido (Young Bard)

This Cycle ends in

bla_1537945199.png

Remember, if you are not an Independent, you cannot start PMs.

Random reactions

Spoiler

What the storms Kidpen, Euthanasia isn’t even legal in Elantris! You just killed a man! And for all you know he could have been saved from his Hoedacy some day!

Fool.

10 cycles remain until the Invasion begins.

The crazy man from before slowly approached the group, seeming confused. "Did I ... have I seen you before?" he asked the group. "I feel like I have, but as far as I know I've avoided people since I got here." His movements and mannerisms were completely different from before, and he seemed genuinely confused.

Hello all! If you want to RP with me, go right ahead! In relation to the random reactions, I suspect that it is set up such that only certain people can see certain things. 

Nobody knew why a squid- particularly the Squid of Steel- could become an elantrian. But they had thrown him into the city anyway, not knowing what else they could do with him. Thankfully being an elantrian gave the mighty squid of steel the ability to live out of water for whatever reason. And the best part was that no one wanted to mess with a floating squid, so no one messed him up. 

The crazy man, who concluded that the main body of the group was content to ignore him for some reason, noticed that there was something off by itself at the edge of the group. Is that a ... squid? Yes. I do believe that is a floating Elantrian squid. Musings complete, he walked over to the squid. "Hello. I see you are made of steel."

Ashertma hated her body's fragility. One could not properly revel with greatly reduced stamina that robbed her of the ability to dance for hours on end like she used to. The fact that even the slightest injury lingered permanently and brought her closer to insanity probably should have given her more pause than it did, seeing as how she was already in agony from her sprained ankles. The worst part was the constant hunger, even worse here in Elantris than it had been in the outside world. The city was a barren place, bereft of anything Ashertma had once called food. Only the new arrivals carried sustenance, and Ashertma hobbled far too slowly to catch any of them.

The Voice still spoke to her, as it had ever since she'd been taken by the Shaod three months ago. Feast. Dance. Revel. Ashertma always felt better when the voice spoke. It took away the pain, for a time. It was powerless to lessen the sensation of starvation though, and Ashertma had taken to consuming anything that appeared remotely edible. Wood, small chunks of stone, paper if she could get it. She'd even tried the omnipresent slime a few times, though the rot that infected that was nearly as unpalatable as her own flesh. 

Lynching Joe apparently accomplished nothing productive. Looking at the vote tally, it appears that Raoden decided not to use vote manipulation. The invasion countdown timer is worrying, the ten turns probably means that we'll want to have ended the game before the timer reaches zero. Failing to lynch someone is now more dangerous, in that case.

1 hour ago, Coop772 said:

Hello all! If you want to RP with me, go right ahead! In relation to the random reactions, I suspect that it is set up such that only certain people can see certain things. 

...Meaning, Coop sees it as well, and it is not completely broken for him. Care to explain what you see?:P

Spork decided that it was time to accept who he truly was. He had gotten his spiked hair from his father, but his round head from his mother. He was neither his father or his mother, instead, he was both. And there was nothing wrong with that. The only thing wrong is that he had been Hoed for the last 3 years. He was now a veteran of Elantris. Responding to the crazy man, he said "You probably have seen us before. Seen us before. Or at least me. I am myself. I've been wandering...wandering these streets for three years. Three years! I don't pay attention..don't pay attention to your fears...don't pay attention to who I have seen before. I'm a loner. I'm a loner."

Spork had been in Elantris a long time, and while he could still communicate and function. He had lost quite a large portion of his mind.

So I had this typed up an hour ago, but forgot to hit submit, Now there have been other posts, but it's still kind of relevant.

The crazy man (ooc: who really needs a name, sorry) turned to see who was talking to him. "No, I haven't been here long; but I don't recognize you. It almost feels like I know you from a dream somehow, if that makes any sense."

Regarding the random reacts, I'm going to wait to reveal what I see until further notice for a variety of reasons, none of which are to hurt the village. 

"Woah, did anyone else hear that? It was like ... it was similar to ... to ... " His eyes glazed over momentarily, as if he was about to pass out. "Hi! I feel like I know you, have we met?"

I kind of feel like this may be an attempt to hide something about the secret rules, but I'm probably just being paranoid.