Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

4 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

I'm just curious, but why do you think we should have a lynch today? I'm not really for or against it right now, just wondering what your take on it is. 

I have no problem not listing factions, I just had the idea and wanted to start a useful discussion because I've been a part of some C1s where nothing really got accomplished.

I'm not really determined to have a lynch today. However, a lynch will happen eventually, so why not now? In the end, I'd rather it be purposeful, and a good start for discussion to find Spirit's gang. It's part of why I voted on and tagged Steel.

Most C1's I've witness haven't done much. Your discussion about listing factions did start some good talk about the mechanics of the game and possible options to finding our elims. It concerns me, however, because that route would also release a lot of information that would otherwise be (most likely) hidden from the eliminators. In my view, it would help Spirit more than any of the other gangs, hence why I am slightly suspicious of you.

If there are any Independents keen on roleclaiming, is it better to set up a PM chain and then reveal, or tell everyone as soon as they start PM'ing?

That sounded like I'm an Independent trying to figure out whether to roleclaim or not. I'm totally not an Independent, unless I suddenly say I am with a host of PM's.

-------------------

Agri Kai continued his practice on modifiers, and began looking for some wood. If this Spirit brought change, perhaps there would be a change in the Aons. Perhaps the time of fire-works and fireworks would return, where fire works and fires works (of clay).

Of course, if he were to start pottery again, he'd have to find a kiln. If the Aons changed, there wouldn't be any containment modifiers for a while.

3 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I'm not really determined to have a lynch today. However, a lynch will happen eventually, so why not now? In the end, I'd rather it be purposeful, and a good start for discussion to find Spirit's gang. It's part of why I voted on and tagged Steel.

Most C1's I've witness haven't done much. Your discussion about listing factions did start some good talk about the mechanics of the game and possible options to finding our elims. It concerns me, however, because that route would also release a lot of information that would otherwise be (most likely) hidden from the eliminators. In my view, it would help Spirit more than any of the other gangs, hence why I am slightly suspicious of you.

Understandable. Any reason why you picked Steel specifically? I'd like to vote for Kaido @Young Bard. You're typically more talkative, IIRC. Have you been able to check out the thread yet?

That's understandable. I'm suspicious of you too, because that's the nature of the game. :P I figured the ultimate outcome of the discussion would be useful, either way the players decided. I gained some good reads from it, I think. 

Just now, Mailliw73 said:

Understandable. Any reason why you picked Steel specifically? I'd like to vote for Kaido @Young Bard. You're typically more talkative, IIRC. Have you been able to check out the thread yet?

That's understandable. I'm suspicious of you too, because that's the nature of the game. :P I figured the ultimate outcome of the discussion would be useful, either way the players decided. I gained some good reads from it, I think. 

From experience with Steel, he tends to have good reads on people. I was hoping to draw him into the lynch discussion and give him a bit of incentive to participate.

I definitely appreciate so much talk with decent reads on people. It is quite possible those pushing against that option are among Spirit's gang, and they're pushing against it because it would work in the way you propose. 

Just remember there is vote manipulation so if we are gonna have a lynch this cycle don't forget to remove poke votes or not let the votes be tied at the end of cycle. I haven't thought through what's been posted enough times in my overthinking process to find anything really suspicious so I'll wait until I can look things over some more...and then more cuz I have problems. :P

I don't think I'd say Mail's discussion topic was suspicious because as he said it was to generate discussion which day 1 can sorely lack. It's good to hear how everyone reacts to ideas.

Kielan was confused. All this talk of roleclaiming had sent him round in circles. That being said, he did like circles.

I’ve been a little less active this cycle than I would have liked, but I think it’s generally a good idea to lynch someone C1, since otherwise that gets the Spirits an extra turn to convert. It essentially puts us on the back foot. And revealing factions won’t help us much either, as while it would give us some information, I think it would give the elims a lot more.

Just popping by to say sorry for being inactive this first cycle. I'll be able to do stuff tomorrow, but I just started a new job yesterday and today, so I don't have any energy left right now.//cant remember how to bluetext on mobile, sorry//

7 minutes ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Just popping by to say sorry for being inactive this first cycle. I'll be able to do stuff tomorrow, but I just started a new job yesterday and today, so I don't have any energy left right now.//cant remember how to bluetext on mobile, sorry//

You have to do it manually. [color'=blue] text [/color'], just without apostrophes. Replace blue with the color of your choice (green and red for voting).

Edited by Elandera

Alright, time to make a post. I find it difficult to understand the faction list posting debate, but my main problem with it is that chances are high that the spirits started in a faction, and if they did then the spirits will be able to easily know how to get someone into each of our docs. That's not a huge gain, but it's enough that I'm hesitant to post faction lists. I do think that normally we should always lynch C1, but for a couple reasons, including a complete lack of suspicious, I'll join with Coop and vote for A Joe in the Bush. I doubt it's going to do anything particularly helpful, but I think it's more likely to be helpful (or entertaining) then lynching almost at random.

Sorry for being inactive so far. There doesn't seem to be very much intrigue going on, other than discussion of possible game mechanics. I'm currently most interested in figuring more out about the independents, mainly the following things:

• Are there independent factions?
  • Are there independents that are just members of the known factions but with special abilities and/or win conditions?

For now, I'll vote for A Joe in the Bush, just to see what happens.

I think a real lynch this cycle will do us some good. When I say a real lynch, I mean a lynch not on Joe. I know that it’s unthinkable to have a Joe game without a Joe lynch, but you’re effectively voting for a no-lynch that kills discussion, and this early in the game, we need to build momentum. I’m willing to give Straw a pass—he normally tries to lynch Joe—but Kidpen argued against a no-lynch C1, and then proceeded to attempt to cement one. Note: this is not good logic. I recognise this. I also recognise the need for intelligent lynch discussion this cycle, even if there’s only seven hours left in it, and I hope this can get it rolling, at least. 

54 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Kidpen argued against a no-lynch C1, and then proceeded to attempt to cement one. Note: this is not good logic. I recognise this. I also recognise the need for intelligent lynch discussion this cycle, even if there’s only seven hours left in it, and I hope this can get it rolling, at least. 

Gosh dang it, this is literally the same thing that got me lynched in the AN.

I defend my Joe lynch attempt in two ways. One, there are secret rules, and when he put the clarifications up he listed my vote on him which makes me suspect that it may do something. Two, in other games where I've tried to lynch the GM and the GM didn't like it there was a lightning strike nearby to warn me off. So far, there has been none of this, so I'm comfortable with it. If you don't have a lynch canditate, vote Joe! If you have information on the secret rules, let me know

3 minutes ago, Coop772 said:

I defend my Joe lynch attempt in two ways. One, there are secret rules, and when he put the clarifications up he listed my vote on him which makes me suspect that it may do something. Two, in other games where I've tried to lynch the GM and the GM didn't like it there was a lightning strike nearby to warn me off. So far, there has been none of this, so I'm comfortable with it. If you don't have a lynch canditate, vote Joe! If you have information on the secret rules, let me know

Or we could lynch Darkness.

I don't know why. i'll probably change it and try and decide on an actual lynch candidate before the end of the cycle, but maybe not. Who knows?

Nope, killing Joe is the way to go. He just roped poor Darkness into this game as a distractio*n, so people didn't lynch him; trust me. Don't be a schmoe, vote Joe.*

*I'm completely making this up as I go, I have no idea if killing Joe will actually do anythng

37 minutes ago, Coop772 said:

Nope, killing Joe is the way to go. He just roped poor Darkness into this game as a distractio*n, so people didn't lynch him; trust me. Don't be a schmoe, vote Joe.*

*I'm completely making this up as I go, I have no idea if killing Joe will actually do anythng

In the Current AN game, the Three GM's represent the 3 Shards present on Roshar. In this game, Darkness speaks in the voice of Domi.

That is all.

1 hour ago, MetaTerminal said:

A Joe in the Bush, just to see what happens.

Noooo! Obviously the spirits are on the side of domi. 

Edit: also, are you saying darkness turns you on? 

Edited by Kidpen

Vote Count:
Steeldancer (1): Elandera
Young Bard (1): Mailliw
Kidpen (1): Fifth Scholar

I'm ignoring the votes on the GM. If those don't count, we're letting the Spirits get away with a free kill. That's not what we want in the slightest. So, to prevent shenanigans I'm going to vote on Young Bard. Hopefully, Joe will take the fall instead, but I would rather lynch someone who hasn't posted than someone who has.

This is RP. I am not claiming this actually happened.

"I've seen him!! Domi himself spoke to me! Repent you fools, Repent! Joe is not the enemy!! REPENT" The wildman who had run up to the group earlier now collapsed, before slowly rising and wandering off; much like he had several hours ago when he burst in babbling about this Joe person