Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

(Sorry for the late signup, Joe - I was tossing and turning over whether to sign up to this, but this just looked too tempting not to sign up to.)

On 9/18/2018 at 0:19 PM, Mailliw73 said:

Thank you, kind sir. It's good to see a friendly face again. Or, at least, a familiar one.

If it's familiar faces you're after, maybe I can provide one more (even if it's only a vaguely familiar one).

2 Years Ago

Kaido sat, alone, in the Korathi Church.

"Domi..."

He paused. He had no idea what to say. It had been 5 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days now, since his son had been taken by the Shaod. For 5 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days, Kaido went to pray in the Korathi Church, to pray for his son, to tell Domi to have mercy on his child. And, for 5 months, 3 months, and 4 days, Domi had ignored him. The gates of Elantris had remained shut. There had been no miracle. But faith and hope inspired many things that rational logic did not. And so, Kaido continued to pray.

"Domi. Please, do what you can to help my son. Ease his pains, and see that he is a true and merciful subject to you. Let him be cured from this trial you have sent for him, and walk free from the gates of Elantris as proof of your mercy and forgiveness."

Kaido paused for a brief moment.

"And if you can not cure his wounds, or will not, then please let the Shaod take me too, so I may see my son on the other side."

Kaido made the sign of Domi to the air in front of him, and left the church, to return tomorrow.

(On a completely unrelated note, my original character name was Meido, but apparently that has... a very different meaning to what I'd originally intended, so I decided to change it. I'm glad I Googled it before signing up. :P)

37 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

(Sorry for the late signup, Joe - I was tossing and turning over whether to sign up to this, but this just looked too tempting not to sign up to.)

If it's familiar faces you're after, maybe I can provide one more (even if it's only a vaguely familiar one).

2 Years Ago

Kaido sat, alone, in the Korathi Church.

"Domi..."

He paused. He had no idea what to say. It had been 5 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days now, since his son had been taken by the Shaod. For 5 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days, Kaido went to pray in the Korathi Church, to pray for his son, to tell Domi to have mercy on his child. And, for 5 months, 3 months, and 4 days, Domi had ignored him. The gates of Elantris had remained shut. There had been no miracle. But faith and hope inspired many things that rational logic did not. And so, Kaido continued to pray.

"Domi. Please, do what you can to help my son. Ease his pains, and see that he is a true and merciful subject to you. Let him be cured from this trial you have sent for him, and walk free from the gates of Elantris as proof of your mercy and forgiveness."

Kaido paused for a brief moment.

"And if you can not cure his wounds, or will not, then please let the Shaod take me too, so I may see my son on the other side."

Kaido made the sign of Domi to the air in front of him, and left the church, to return tomorrow.

(On a completely unrelated note, my original character name was Meido, but apparently that has... a very different meaning to what I'd originally intended, so I decided to change it. I'm glad I Googled it before signing up. :P)

Here's an idea and try to get someone to roleplay as your son :P

(Seriously it will work so well story-wise)

2 minutes ago, Darkness_ said:

Well...you haven't mentioned your son's name or persona...technically anyone can and it'd be easy to work with :ph34r:

Hmmm... That's fair. If anyone wants to do that, again, they're welcome to. (Let me know if you do.)

Edited by Young Bard

Under the Domë

Domi answers those who submit to him, Domi knows all and sees all, Domi doesn’t answer truthfully nor quickly, you will not question for he Domi-nates all.

Nearly 2 years had passed since he had made his prayers. It was strange not to be praying amongst his Korathi brothers. But they had renounced him, marked him cursed and excommunicated him.

It amused Kaido how the very religion through which his prayers had come was the same that turned their back on him the moment he found himself at one with it. It did not matter, what was happening was between him an Domi.

He rested his hands on the gate and took a deep breath.

He was going to see his son.

The guards poked him in the back and motioned for him to step aside. Kaido winced at the slight tap as he moved away. It would take a while for him to get used to it. Just as he had prayed for strength to cope better with his old life, he trusted Domi to give him the strength to cope with the pains of his new one.

Only nothing would heal this time.

The gate creaked and opened impossibly slowly.

Like really slowly, Kaido and the guards stood awkwardly for a while, avoiding eye contact.

“Get in” one guard muttered gruffly, Kaido could almost taste the sympathy oozing from his tongue. Kaido nodded to him and stepped through the gate, clutching his complementary basket to his chest, it was almost like he was staying at a hotel for a while.

That’s one way to think about it he thought idly, admiring the stone floors.

Then he looked up and noticed he was surrounded.

4 streets led away from the entrance, 3 of which were filled with people, Elantrians. The band to the right advanced slowly towards him, armed with clubs and other crude weapons. “Now what do you think you lot are doing?” crooned a man from the left, his people moving in position against the others. Soon they were joined by a woman and a group of young ones. The armed warriors growled and stepped back, parting to allow an adolescent girl come forward. “Careful, choose your path wisely fresh meat, you don’t want to make an enemy out of us” sneered the girl, staring intently at his basket.

So that’s what they want… Kaido thought, clutching his basket tighter, it was worth more than he had thought initially, and wasn’t sure why. “You want food...you all want food” Kaido realised, “You’re all hungry aren’t you”.

“Oh for sure, some of us don’t stoop to the levels of animals in pursuit of it however. And even fewer of us can feed ourselves through other means” jeered the same man from before. “Aanden, Baron Aanden and it would do you well to step my way”

“Oh shut up Antsy, we’ll take care of you little one” proposed the leader of the children, beckoning Kaido towards her.

“Ooorrrr, you could come with me!” piped up a figure displaced from the rest of the gangs.

“You are not welcome here Raoden” Aanden stated, “not that it bothers me too much”.

“Oh it bothers me however” the young girl said, motioning her men against him.

“Quick buddy, come with me, I’ll even let you keep your basket” the man yelled. Now the others were moving against him, whilst some began advancing on Kaido. Well this went south quickly Kaido muttered, seeing a shot at independence with the hated stranger.

He broke off into a sprint, staggering those in front of him and slipping past the people turned towards the stranger. Kaido nodded towards him as he ran, and the stranger bolted away with him, “Don’t trip on the stones. And watch where you’re running!” he hissed towards Kaido.

Kaido nodded again, confused. “Don’t worry, this is normal, happens almost every time someone new enters Elantris, just be glad you didn’t accidentally wander into one of their territories”.

Once again, Kaido nodded. The stranger appraised him with a quick glance as they turned at a corner, it sounded like the people behind them were more preoccupied with each other than him. “Quiet all of a sudden? Seemed pretty confident before” the stranger noted.

“Just...shocked” Kaido wheezed, nobody had told him being taken by the Sheod meant this.

The man laughed and motioned Kaido into a building.

“Welcome to Elantris”

Oh how Kaido wished he hadn’t looked up.

Player List

Spoiler

Astrea (Crimsn Wolf)

Mist (Fifth Scholar)

Ynoga (xinoehp512)

Daan (Kidpen)

Venele (Brightness Radiant)

Ashertma (Devotary of Spontaneity)

Rena (Elandera)

Squid of Sensationalism (Steeldancer)

Agri Kai (Walin)

Spork (Cadmium Compounder)

Mii (Mailliw73)

Itiah X (I think I am here)

Diir (Alvron)

Straw (Straw (Straw (Straw)))

Soul (Droughtdrinker)

Flavio (TheMightyLopen)

A Shqueev (Multiple Shqueeves)

Kielan (MetaTerminal)

Sheol (ElephantEarwax)

SIGN ME UP (Coop772)

Rat (Sart)

Kaido (Young Bard)

This Cycle ends in

[url=https://www.pending.me.uk]bla_1537772399.png[/url]

Remember, if you are not an Independent, you cannot start PM’s.
For rules visit -

Edited by Darkness_

Hello! I don't have much to say, so take some RP instead!

Daan walked on the muck covered streets of Elantris, searching for some poor soul to save. His eyes landing on a young man rocking back and forth on the corner of the street, he walked over. "Golden hair... golden golden hair like the sun. Golden hair like the sun."

"Poor man. Diminished to talking nonsense. Allow me to help you." At this, Daan slung the man over his shoulder and brought him inside his home. Piling the firewood together and striking the firestarter he had found here, the wood burst into flames. Gently, he placed the young man on top of the flame. He didn't stop chanting until he had dissolved into ashes.

"Goodbye. With luck, you have passed on to another realm."

Rena watched as the new Elantrian followed after Spirit. The poor man, struck by the Shaod like the rest of them. Destined to spend eternity in this slimy place, never to heal from any pains, and always to feel hunger.

The hunger.

Rena tried to ignore it, but her stomach hurt with such ferocity she thought it might drive her to becoming Hoed. It had been too long since she had any food. She almost wept - if she could have produced tears - at the thought of a feast with meats and fruits, and yes, even vegetables. Oh, how she missed the outside world. Maybe one day she'd see it again, and not simply through the short glimpses as the gate opened and closed on yet another poor victim of the Shaod.