A Joe in the Bush

Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

434 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Alvron said:

while attacking Itiah. 

Wait you want him to attack me now? :( 

Warning: The timer in the OP is incorrect. The cycle actually ends at the normal time, in

bla_1538809199.png

18 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Wait you want him to attack me now? :( 

While doing the Jitterbug.  It's going to be amazing.  You can do the Charleston if you want.

I see arguing much more this cycle pointless, since y'all won't believe anything I say. But I am also going to vote for Hrathen to kill Meta

2 hours ago, Alvron said:

I cannot see any way for two attacks on two separate players to be blocked when there is only one BG so Crimsn must be lying either about attacking Devotary or about being protected.  One of those cannot be true if the other is.

Interesting assumptions you make, indeed, oh Ruler of Shadows. While I agree that screwy things are happening, I am not actually lying, and I am as incredibly confused as you are. I am not certain what happened, all I know is what I was told. There is always the possibility of a secret bodyguard-esque role--it is partially a Joe game, after all. It just seems like you are making a lot of assumptions on how things must have happened. Nevertheless, you will see soon enough next cycle, since a tie vote means I will move from injured to hoed. Maybe you'll believe me when I flip Village. :P 

On 04/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, Domi in the Dark said:

Xino was attacked but survived!

Alvron was attacked but survived!

Crimsn was attacked but survived!

Devotary was attacked but survived!

Argh, this is not a good idea but I am changing my mind.

Crimsn I really didn’t originally think you sounded elim but the simple fact you survived propelled me to vote. Due to the current exaplanations, I think I have another theory.

What if Crimsn is Shaor and she attacked Devotary, but Xino was the Bodyguard and protected Devotary?

This way, Devotary would be protected and when the Bodyguard attacked Shaor he would have to essentially protect against himself, warranting the double protection?

Of course, this also means he attacked Alvron, and would make sense how there were two protects. It also explains how Devotary isn’t dead. If Alvron and Crimsn really did attack, and the actual attack on Devotary would happen regardless of fighting back, then Devotary should be dead. The fact Devotary was protected makes sense.

Ok, now that we’ve got that sorted, this theory means Xino is the Bodyguard. But why would the Bodyguard protect Devotary?

The answer is simple: Devotary and Xino are both Spirits, and Xino is the spy. He must have seen our doc conversation on attacking Devotary and decided to use his action to protect them.

Xino

Also, if Xino was really a Wildman Bodyguard and He nullified two attacks (Alvron, Crimsn) he would have sustained two attacks and would be dead, even if he healed last cycle, since then he’d only be able to sustain one attack. Him being Spirit healed makes most sense.

Whew

I have nothing more to say, and I hope you all remember how honest I’ve been to you. :>

For self preservation, maybe, Itiah, Crimsn

Fifth.

The path was clear. Lord Raoden, may his soul rest with the Overspirit, had shown them the way to a new Elantris, an Elantris unified by cooperation and harmony rather than pain and hunger. Karata had seen the truth of Raoden’s words, and had joined their cause willingly. Had she lived, her Children might even now be living lives of comparative luxury in the restored section of Elantris. Her Children had met the hand of friendship with the fist of hatred, and they had paid the price for their rejection. Scattered amongst the remaining gangs, their support dwindling, they were to be pitied. Baron Aanden had been tragically killed, his gang whittled away into obscurity. The Independents survived as they always had; subsisting on the barest morsels of edible substances. Ashertma had lived that way once, before Lord Raoden had come. He and his followers had shown her a new way of life, and Ashertma intended to share their teachings with each and every Elantrian.

Only Shaor and her brutish Wildmen still stood in the way of Raoden’s grand vision.  The remaining Spirits had tried to deal with the threat peacefully. Surely there was no need for further bloodshed. None of the Spirits had Raoden's charisma perhaps, but the efficacy of his methods would surely break through even the most stubborn resistance. Why would the Wildmen serve a leader that brought them nothing but violence and death, when they could be equal members of a community that provided food and safety for everyone? The Wildmen's selfish and cowardly attack on the Widow's trial had shown Ashertma that she had been mistaken. There could be no peace until Shaor was neutralized. Ashertma walked to the center of Elantris and bellowed, “Crimsn! This is your final warning. Surrender now, and tell your men to lay down their weapons. If you do so, you and your gang will be welcome in our new society. If not, we will be forced to remove you from power, with violence if necessary.”

Ashertma turned to address the gathered crowd. “Fellow Elantrians! There is no need to be afraid. Lord Raoden has shown us the way to resist the pain that curses us all. His discovery of secret tunnels leading into Kae and his knowledge of agricultural techniques blesses us with more food than we’ve had since the Reod. In time, with your help we expect to be able to restore Elantris in its entirety.” Ashertma continued to speak, and for the first time, the Voice spoke audibly, its deep, resonant tone inserting itself into the pauses between Ashertma’s words. “My friends, Feast we stand now on the cusp of a new age. Throw off the chains of the past ten years, Indulge reject the false belief that our lives cannot be improved. Now is our chance to unite, Embrace The End and show the world that Elantris will rise again!

Edited by Devotary of Spontaneity
Fixed spacing, removed the unwanted bolding.

EVERY POST AFTER THIS ONE DOES NOT COUNT THE TURN IS OVER

I am so angry rn. I feel played. I TRIED SO HARD, GOSH DIDDLY DARNIT! TT_TT