Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

10 hours ago, Young Bard said:

EDIT 2: [Drought, Alvron]. You are a Wildman, and started out injured. How did you manage to survive an attack? Did the Barons ever heal you?

I'm going to tag @Alvron here. As this is the second time @MetaTerminal has survived an attack, which as an Independent he shouldn't have been able to do, I'll ask him the same question. Can any Barons confirm that either of these two were healed? Alvron could have been healed during any cycle, while MetaTerminal would have had to be healed either during cycle 4 or cycle 5.

10 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Call this a tunnel (and you’d probably be right) but I am seeing the odd way votes swung on and off him at the end of last cycle as potentially informative, and the lynch on CadCom looked almost like an attempt to swing it away from an Independent, Bard, to a potential Shaor, CadCom. I’ll go back over last cycle, but this would make me more immediately suspicious of Devotary as well, though I’m still unsure on her. 

The Bard lynch didn't seem to have any justification besides the fact that he was the only player other than CadCom who had received any votes.  Nobody who voted for Bard seemed to believe that he was evil; just that they didn't want CadCom to die for reasons that were never really explained. At the time we had a theory that Galladon was an Independent, but we knew for certain that there was one Spirit among the Wildmen, and CadCom was the most suspicious of the publicly known Wildmen. My vote didn't actually accomplish anything, and doesn't even appear in the vote tally. I could just have easily not voted and let him die, but I felt he deserved to know why I was willing to lynch him over Bard.

10 hours ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

I am not sure who attacked Alvron and Lopen--although it was brought up in the doc that it is possible that Lopen was the bodyguard and was guarding Alvron.

Presumably, if Lopen had been the bodyguard we would have learned that when Lopen died, as Steel was revealed as Dahad upon his death. Also, why do you say that the Spirits would have no conversions left if there are currently four of them? They can convert 3-6 players, and four current Spirits would imply they've used up four conversions.

4 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Presumably, if Lopen had been the bodyguard we would have learned that when Lopen died, as Steel was revealed as Dahad upon his death. Also, why do you say that the Spirits would have no conversions left if there are currently four of them? They can convert 3-6 players, and four current Spirits would imply they've used up four conversions.

I was under the impression that the Spirits could have a max of six players? With two already being dead, that's why I figured the are three to four left. 

@Straw and @Walin- You've both been online recently, and if my process of elimination is correct, you both started the game as Barons. Can you confirm whether the Barons have ever healed Alvron or MetaTerminal, and if not, place a vote on one of those two for being a Spirit and having survived being attacked due to the healing they get from conversion?

@Droughtbringer - you still haven't responded, but have been online recently - do you have any thoughts to add?

Edited by Young Bard
Sorry, posted early.

Okay, I am sorry for my brief spurt of inactivity—life got hectic enough the past day or two that I was barely able to read my doc and PMs in depth, let alone meaningfully contribute to them, or to the thread

In a weird coincidence, I can attest to the innocence (well, not innocence, but lack of proven guilt) of both Alv and Meta. I healed Alv on cycle four after being asked to in PM, placing my order after debating whether I thought Alv was a Spirit!Wildman trying to get extra longevity (I ultimately got enough of a good toneread/village sense from his comments that I decided he was probably unconverted, though I’m less certain now, given that most of the Wildmen are or were under imminent threat of conversion), and then in cycle five he told me three Wildmen were going to attack MetaTerminal, so I healed Meta to see how many would actually follow through. By the time plans had switched, my order was placed and I was asleep. Sorry I didn’t see your edit when I responded to your earlier post, Bard, or I would have cleared this up sooner. From what I understand targets are informed when they are healed, so @Alvron and @MetaTerminal can confirm this. I am curious as to why Alv didn’t respond himself to these allegations, however, and would like to hear more from him. Same for Meta, though he has addressed this at least partially. 

I am feeling less good about my Bard read, but he’s still my best guess as to Galladon. My second pick would probably be Devotary, whose voting patterns have been somewhat strange, and seemed to be hedging against Bard’s lynch oddly (which would make sense if they were Eliminator partners). However, as I have little other reason to suspect her, and because I believe Bard’s alignment flip could be potentially informative in regards to Devotary and others, I will vote for Young Bard. If anyone has a better idea, I am certainly open to it, but we need to act quickly if we want a consensus before the cycle closes. 

29 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I will vote for Meta.

And why are you voting for Meta?

Sorry, I'm kinda back. At the moment I have a pounding headache, so I'll try to respond to anything that I can, though it might not be the most coherent. Anyone have any questions for me?

I was going to address my healing, but I didn’t want to make a one-sentence post without adding anything to the discussion. I was healed Cycle 5. Although I don’t fancy my chances surviving until the end - it looks like the Wildmen have painted a target on my forehead. I only got attacked twice last turn, however, so it appears someone backed out.

For now, I’m sticking by my Bard vote. He seems the most suspicious option for now - although if they flip village, I have a growing suspicion for Fifth.

Kidpen, I’m interested why you’ve voted for me. Is it just a blind read?

Ninja’d, Drought.

Edited by MetaTerminal
Ninja’d

12 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

I was going to address my healing, but I didn’t want to make a one-sentence post without adding anything to the discussion. I was healed Cycle 5. Although I don’t fancy my chances surviving until the end - it looks like the Wildmen have painted a target on my forehead. I only got attacked twice last turn, however, so it appears someone backed out.

For now, I’m sticking by my Bard vote. He seems the most suspicious option for now - although if they flip village, I have a growing suspicion for Fifth.

Kidpen, I’m interested why you’ve voted for me. Is it just a blind read?

Ninja’d, Drought.

I still have a vague read on you, partially cause it feels like you're playing a similar game as Mr. Doctor played in his first game. Could someone explain the Bard lynch to me? I understand that he(?) is an independent and the scanning and all that, but I don't understand what makes them a better target then the others.

1 hour ago, Fifth Scholar said:

In a weird coincidence, I can attest to the innocence (well, not innocence, but lack of proven guilt) of both Alv and Meta. I healed Alv on cycle four after being asked to in PM, placing my order after debating whether I thought Alv was a Spirit!Wildman trying to get extra longevity (I ultimately got enough of a good toneread/village sense from his comments that I decided he was probably unconverted, though I’m less certain now, given that most of the Wildmen are or were under imminent threat of conversion), and then in cycle five he told me three Wildmen were going to attack MetaTerminal, so I healed Meta to see how many would actually follow through. By the time plans had switched, my order was placed and I was asleep. Sorry I didn’t see your edit when I responded to your earlier post, Bard, or I would have cleared this up sooner. From what I understand targets are informed when they are healed, so @Alvron and @MetaTerminal can confirm this. I am curious as to why Alv didn’t respond himself to these allegations, however, and would like to hear more from him. Same for Meta, though he has addressed this at least partially.

I almost never respond to one post or vote.  It's not worth the hassle when I can just wait until there are two or three and then respond to all at once.

Yes, I was Healed.  See, that really isn't worth posting.

I can confirm that I told Fifth there was going to be several Wildmen saying they were going to attack Meta.  I was the one that asked them to as I was asked by an Independent to ask the Wildmen if they would be willing to.

3 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

Two people backed out although they didn't know you were going to be healed as that would've defeated the purpose of healing you.  Lopen and another decided near the end of the cycle to attack Steel instead of you and by the time I was able to see it and send a message to Fifth, he was already offline.  As far as I'm aware, only Fifth and myself knew you were going to be Healed.

22 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I still have a vague read on you, partially cause it feels like you're playing a similar game as Mr. Doctor played in his first game. Could someone explain the Bard lynch to me? I understand that he(?) is an independent and the scanning and all that, but I don't understand what makes them a better target then the others.

Which was what, exactly? I do not know what Mr. Doctor's first game was.

10 minutes ago, Droughtbringer said:

Which was what, exactly? I do not know what Mr. Doctor's first game was.

I need to learn to be more specific. It was the Princess Bride game, he was an elim and it was his first game obviously. Played all of us very well.

39 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

I need to learn to be more specific. It was the Princess Bride game, he was an elim and it was his first game obviously. Played all of us very well.

I mean, what specifically about his play style? I really don't want to lynch a player because he's new and made it to cycle 6.

As much as I’d like to manipulate my way to easy victory as elim, I have to say that I have neither the skill nor experience to pull that off. In fact, in my first game (Deception round 1) I was an elim - and I got caught cycle 1. Even if you think I’m suspicious, it looks like the Wildmen are dead set on me anyway, so you’d be far better to try and lynch another possible Spirit candidate and let them get rid of me.

OK, it seems like I'm going to die, so... ideally, I'd like another Baron to confirm everything said here just to make sure Fifth isn't in cahoots with one of Alv or Terminal.

@I think I am here. - have you put your action in this cycle? (Sorry to nag you, but I think your scan results could make or break the game for the villagers, and the more scans you reveal, the easier it will be to find out if you've faked one - I'd go for the Wildmen.)

Everyone's going to ignore this this cycle, but for next cycle, once you know I'm a villager.

Assuming Dashe hasn't been converted (and therefore has no reason to lie), there are two Independent Spirits - currently - I'd consider a Fifth-Terminal pair being suspicious. (Actually, yeah, Terminal - that way, you might get useful information if Terminal survives, or if they flip village.) - Failing that, depending on Meta's role tonight, I'd vote Devotary, followed by Drought, who PM'ed me and who I'm generally leaning towards being a villager. I want to work on a final RP for Kaido for the rest of this cycle (I never wrote the RP where he realised his son died), so hopefully I can get that out before rollover, or in next cycles writeup if Darkness and Joe prefer.

If Dashe has been converted... Lynch Dashe, obviously, but I'd be looking in the Wildmen, since the Spirits have almost certainly got a mole in the Wildmen to try and find Shaor.

And... good luck.

From what I can tell, we have Fifth saying he heard from Alv that three Wildmen planned to attack MetaTerminal, Alvron saying that two of those three decided to attack Steeldancer, and Meta saying that he was attacked twice. Those numbers don't add up, assuming I understand what people are saying correctly. That would mean that either someone is lying, or a Wildman attacked Meta without telling anyone about it. The Barons, including @ElephantEarwax, have not denied Fifth's claim that both Alvron and MetaTerminal were healed, so it does not appear that we'll be able to prove anything that way. Any Wildman who can clear this up is welcome to.

If Itiah's scan results can be trusted, there are two Spirit Independents. That isn't guaranteed; by claiming two Independent Spirits, a converted Itiah would make it more likely that we keep killing Independents even if we find one traitor among them. I do believe there's at least one Independent Spirit though, most likely Galladon. Of the Independents, Drought and especially Walin have been inactive for large portions of the game; making them unlikely candidates for conversion, and I would expect Galladon to be more active if possible for them. That leads me to believe that the two supposed Spirits are among Bard, Meta, and Fifth. The lynch on Bard appears to be solid, so unless something changes I'll go for him this cycle and let the Wildmen deal with the other two. As an original Child of Karata, it would take three attacks to kill Fifth, while fewer attacks would be needed to kill Meta unless he's healed again, by the Barons or by the Widow's Trial event.  

Hmm. Looking over previous posts, I've got a developing suspicion of Fifth (and Itiah by association, although less so). Nothing I can really pin down, but a general Star Wars-ish 'bad feeling about it'. The IKYK reasoning that's cleared them doesn't sit well in my eyes. I'm also happy with the Bard lynch, though, so I'll stick with that for now.

Domisticated

Soft humming greeted Hrathen’s ears as he opened his eyes, one of his priests came into focus against the overwhelming light. “Is it done?” he rasped hoarsely, “Indeed, my gyorn, the poison has taken full effect”.

Another man walked in with a glass of water, which Hrathen graciously declined. “No, there is no time, take me to the gate”

“My lord, are you sure you are well?”
“Jaddeth will protect me”

“May he wish it so, but there is something else…”

The man helped Hrathen into a sitting position and showed him to a mirror.

“Ah, I see”

“What are we to do now my lord?”

“Take me to the gates, do not fret, Jaddeth will protect me”

The man sighed, “The demons will be the least of your worries my lord, your assistant exerts his influence over my colleagues more each day”

“I know faithful one, but trust. Jaddeth will protect me”

-------

SMASH

The man jumped in surprise as the glass shards showered fell from the room’s high window. He looked to the bed inquisitively and stood in a defensive stance in front of it.

Come one...come one…I’ve been expecting this...hurry...I need it…
A shadow dropped down, knives glinting in the dark from the moonlight.

“You are not what I seek”

“Indeed, and you will not reach it fool. Your first thought was your first mistake, by entering my abode you have only hastened your death”

“Step aside, you are not what I seek. Do not waste my time with your petty words”

“Judge my words as you wish, but allow my actions to speak for themselves”

The man felt the shadow’s anger as the air shifted. Their growl reached his ear.

“So be it”

------

The cry came as he finished his meal.

He wiped his chin slowly with one hand, drawing his sword with another.

They had made the plans without him it seemed.

------

The two figures were locked in battle when he jumped down into the room. Before they could react from his arrival, he pounced on the man to the left, noting that his charge remained unharmed. They tumbled into the wall, his sword coming down to stab their shoulder.

He heard them grunt as the defender pulled him off himself, slicing at them with his own blade.

Divided, they stood and stared at each other. The man joined his charge and they both faced the defender.

“You know what we seek, where are they”

The defender laughed, “You will never reach my master”

Yet, at that point, none of them had considered that yet another man would fall through that window.

And fall he did.

Right in the middle of them.

Thunk

“Wait a minute, none of you are who I’m looking for?”

“What are you doing here?”

“I could say the same for you”

“Grr yes, now get out of our way”

“Let me top that, allow me to join you!”

-----

Yess the defender salivated, a real challenge for once.

To think that his lynchpin finally bore fruit, that moths were finally attracted to the light.

He hit them before they could possibly have been prepared.

-----

Kaido could feel tears well in his eyes as the crowd surged towards him.

All the time, all the searching, all the dissapointment.

And it was going to end like this.

“Even if you don’t turn out to be a traitor, we get information from this anyway”

“But please, my son...at least let me see if he is here”
“Sorry buddy, we know what tricks you Spirits have. Won’t work here”

“Please…”

They fell upon him.

-----

Hrathen began his meditation the moment he entered Elantris, strangely no Elantrians seemed to be around. However, one did mutter quietly to himself in a corner, their head split open.

So quiet...I did not expect this

\\Event Initiated-Insertion//

Hrathen has entered Elantris.

Vote in Yellow for what you wish to do with him, (i.e have him vote on someone, have him be killed etc)

The most voted action will result in something that influences this game and future games.

Players may also submit orders relating to their abilities and target Hrathen. Domi and Jaddeth will intervene where necessary.

Vote tally

Alvron; Bard

Bard; Meta, Fifth, Elephant, Xino, Devotary, Bard

Bard was lynched, he was an Independent!

Xino was attacked but survived!

Alvron was attacked but survived!

Crimsn was attacked but survived!

Devotary was attacked but survived!

"My son... My poor son..."- Bard's Mantra

The cycle ends in:

bla_1538808300.png

Player List:

Astrea (Crimsn Wolf)

Mist (Fifth Scholar)

Ynoga (xinoehp512)

Ashertma (Devotary of Spontaneity)

Agri Kai (Walin)

Itiah X (I think I am here)

Diir (Alvron)

Straw (Straw)

Soul (Droughtdrinker)

Kielan (MetaTerminal)

Sheol (ElephantEarwax)

Daan (Kidpen)

Rat (Sart) Child (I said I was Busy)

Venele (Brightness Radiant) Baron Aanden (Fly you fools)

A Shqueev (Multiple Shqueeves) Raoden ( )

Mii (Mailliw73) Wildman (Ow, my throat burns. Wolf)

SIGN ME UP (Coop772) Independent / Baron (What the heck Maill)

Rena (Elandera) Karata of the Spirits (Did it for the Children)

Flavio (TheMightyLopen)Wildman (Just my Luck)

Spork (Cadmium Compounder) Wildman (Praise the Ja! I’m innocent!)

Squid of Sensationalism (Steeldancer) Dahad (Flailing tentacles as I die)

Kaido (Young Bard) Independent

3 turns until the Invasion.

Edited by Domi in the Dark

Wait, what?

Crimsn Wolf I believe you have some explaining to do. In the Wildmen doc, you and Alvron teamed up to attack Devotary. This obviously gave a 20% chance for failure, and it’s clear the attack failed. Devotary was attacked but survived, and Alvron and you were attacked, but while there’s a reason Alvron survived (he was healed), you should be dead right now, since all Wildmen start on Injured.

I’m not going to question Xino because he wasn’t active the whole cycle and could have very easily put in a an order for food, but you said you would attack, and thus wouldn’t have a chance to heal.

I’m also curious who attacked Xino. It had to be a Wildman, they’re the only people who can attack, and it obviously would’ve been a Spirit trying to attack Shaor in hopes of exposing the bodyguard, and then most likely killing Shaor off later.

A nagging feeling in me says Kidpen is the traitor, this has been brought up before in the Wildmen doc but Kidpen is just inactive enough not to draw attention and just active enough to put in an action.

Also, why wasn’t Kidpen attacked? It might be because he didn’t put an attack action in the first place, which would be bad for the village and label him as a traitor, or it might be because his attack succeeded.

In that case, if his attack succeeded, then it would have to be against one of the people we see. We know that he didn’t go for Devotary, because otherwise he would’ve been attacked too, and the only other people who have been attacked are Wildmen. He might have attacked Xino.

But I am not voting for Kidpen because I believe I have a good theory on what he is.

I believe Kidpen is the Bodyguard.

Why? Well, he didn’t send in a kill action, which most likely meant he sent a protect action, which makes sense. That, or he ordered food this cycle, which would be pretty helpful considering the Bodyguard goes down a level of pain for every action he nullifies.

He said he was going to attack someone in the Wildmen doc, but that could easily just be him covering up the fact he is a Bodyguard.

So, here’s my current theory, which I think explains the whole deal of what just happened:

1. Alvron and Crimsn say they’ll attack Devotary.

2. Kidpen says he’ll attack someone.

3. Kidpen actually orders food which will help his role as a Bodyguard.

4. Only Alvron attacks Devotary.

5. Crimsn attacks Xino instead.

6. Alvron’s attack fails because Devotary fights back.

7. Crimsn’s attack fails because Xino fights back.

Boom. This is how I think everything happened. It makes sense Alvron’s attack failed because it was only one person, same for Crimsn’s. Plus, this way it makes sense how four people got attempted attacks on them but survived.

Devotary and Xino survived because attacks on them failed.

Alvron survived because he got healed.

And Crimsn survived because she’s a Spirit.

Also, I know you asked me to scan the Baron’s, Fifth, but my team said to scan the Wildmen, so  sorry for that.

Back onto the news of my scan: Nothing new.

There are 4 Non-Converts in the Wildmen. With five of us in the doc, that still means one traitor. It seems that if the Spirits haven’t used all their conversions bubble, there’re at least saving one for when they can narrow down Shaor.

Whew! What a post. And I haven’t even started on how Bard’s flip to village gives us tons of information.

Fifth , you’re a huge suspect of mine, and I’m almost certain to vote for you next cycle if we can’t kill you this one.

Meta, you too. In fact, (and let me take this pause to say I really like this mechanic), I vote for Hrathen to kill Meta.

That’s all I got for now. We have three chances to kill people (lynch, Wildmen, Hrathen), let’s use them to kill the people we’re finding most suspicious.

Note: It should be noted I do not find Devotary very suspicous at all. Honestly, I didn’t find them suspicous to begin with, but with the recent event of Crimsn being the one to tell us (in the doc) to attack her, and I’m almost sure she’s innocent.

Itiah out.

Okay, I’m very much regretting that I won’t be able to make a long post right now because if I had the time I would respond to just about everything Itiah just said. However, when I return in 12-14 hours, I will lay out my thoughts, which are near innumerable. For now, I’ll posit that Hrathen has many potential uses, and we should consider what to do with him very carefully.