Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

Okay, shoot. So 2 Faction heads are down. 

@I think I am here. or @Fifth Scholar, I'll repeat Bard's question. Dashe was supposed to have scanned the Wildmen. What was the result? It'll help us a lot to be able to narrow down if the remaining Spirits are there or in the Barons. 

Elandera. Bard is right in his statement about Fifth and mine's PM. I'm struggling now. I can't tell if Galladon is more likely to have started in the Barons, Independent, or Wildmen. Wildmen makes the least sense to me because that would give the Spirits a kill role along with access to the Children's protect. I think the most likely option is an Independent. Which currently points me to Droughtbringer. But idk. Does anyone have any solid leads? 

I'll also share that I was roleblocked last night, which Dahad can confirm if they so choose. Though I don't think that would be a great choice, as Dahad is our only real way to stop the Spirits from winning as fast as they can. If he is able to roleblock the Spirit who makes the Conversion, then we've got at least another cycle. So, unless Dahad has already claimed in a faction, probably don't reveal here.

Edited by Mailliw73
added more thoughts on dahad

16 minutes ago, Straw said:

If these accusations are accurate, then I'll vote on Elandera.

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

I don't know anything personally about the accusations flying around, but I have no reason to disbelieve them. Elandera.

What else do you two have?

I have awoken!

So, people have figured out I am Dashe —no point lying about it now. The reason I did lie to my doc was obviously so that the Sprits didn’t find out, but I guess I’m reveled now anyways.

Anyway:

Cycle 1: Didn’t can anyone

Cycle 2: Scanned Children

Cycle 3: I know I was meant to scan the Wildmen here but honestly I forgot, so sorry about that.

7 hours ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

I am going to hold off on voting for now, but I think both Elandera and Fifth should be targeted. Fifth obviously has a lot of useful information, shown by the Shqueeves lynch, so it would be within reason to think that the Spirits converted them by now.

On the other hand, I agree that Elandera is most likely to be the newly converted Karata. So I think one should be targeted by the vote, and the other should be the target of the Wildmen.

The only useful information I had were the identities of Karata and Dashe. That’s kind of public knowledge right now. :P 

6 hours ago, Elandera said:

My vote is going to be on Fifth. I was under the impression with the docs that he was Karata or Dashe. By Itiah's admission, it seems that is narrowed down to Karata.

After his reveals yesterday, he would have been a good conversion target, since he apparently gained the trust of several different people with important roles.

I feel very bad, Elandera, and you are free to say “I told you so” once the game is over, or even now if you want to. For those curious, I advocated protecting Itiah with the faction ability last cycle instead of Karata, reasoning that a converted Dashe feeding false scans was a greater danger than one missing gang leader who we would immediately know and lynch, not anticipating BR flipping Aanden. At the same time, since BR was pushing firmly for Elandera’s lynch and I knew she was clear at the time...I told the Wildmen through an intermediary to attack her. See my title underneath my name? It’s well deserved. :P At any rate, I’m probably indirectly responsible for the loss of both top gang members. That’s my bad. 

6 hours ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Also, Karata was not added to another doc, as confirmed by @Jaddeth in the Bush in the faction doc I am apart of.

This completely clears me in that case, as I am currently a Baron. 

5 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Being completely honest, After putting my vote in the thread, I brought this issue up in my doc, and, before anyone responded, I went through the thread again, and explained my thoughts more, including how I thought that Fifth Scholar was the wrong choice, and Elandera was a better one. But I haven't changed it in thread. If anyone in my doc wants to vouch for me, then that'd be cool, but if not, I understand. But yeah, I realize the error of my ways, and hope this doesn't cause you all to try to kill me in a critical moment when we should be killing spirits.

I agree with Bard that this sounds like a backtrack, Cadmium Compounder. At any rate, although I’m still suspicious that Bard is trying to pocket me (and having lingering suspicions that Maill may well be doing the same), I am in tentative agreement that the Spirits had an Independent to start. Which actually points me towards one of Coop, Drought, Devotary, or Bard. I’ll look at them in more detail later, but I still believe that CadCom is the most suspicious as things stand. 

13 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Hmm. So instead of a 5 word mantra, we can now choose to have a 100 word mantra. Interesting, but only if our teammates want to hear it. Or do we still get the 5 word mantra, and the 100 word mantra is just a bonus that people might get to hear if our team decides to cooperate.

The 100 word Mantra is a faction-doc only bonus, you still get a 5-word mantra to go into the thread.

9 hours ago, Kidpen said:

Joe, can we change what our message is after sending it the first time? And does it have to be exactly 100 words, or 100 words or less?

You may change what your message says up to the end of the turn that you should die. The Pool forces you into clarity and verbosity, it must be exactly 100 words.

Edited by Domi in the Dark

8 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

I can confirm that coop has at least claimed to be healed by the Barons. 

He has claimed such to me as well, and in the absence of anyone else claiming to have been healed the same cycle, I'm inclined to believe him. 

3 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

At any rate, although I’m still suspicious that Bard is trying to pocket me (and having lingering suspicions that Maill may well be doing the same), I am in tentative agreement that the Spirits had an Independent to start. Which actually points me towards one of Coop, Drought, Devotary, or Bard.

I can confirm that Coop and I are Independents. You've listed four Independents and Fifth make five, but with one third of the starting players being Independents, we presumably have a total of seven. That leaves two Independents who have yet to be outed to the thread. It may be worthwhile for those two to be publicly revealed if a consensus is reached that the Spirits likely started with an Independent. I would agree that the Spirits likely did start with an Independent, partially because Galladon's ability to learn the identity of two players from a target player's gang seems overpowered if the Spirits started with the player lists of two different gangs. Even with randomness and repetition, having Galladon start in the Wildmen or the Barons would let the Spirits learn everyone's gang membership quite quickly.

8 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

He has claimed such to me as well, and in the absence of anyone else claiming to have been healed the same cycle, I'm inclined to believe him. 

I can confirm that Coop and I are Independents. You've listed four Independents and Fifth make five, but with one third of the starting players being Independents, we presumably have a total of seven. That leaves two Independents who have yet to be outed to the thread. It may be worthwhile for those two to be publicly revealed if a consensus is reached that the Spirits likely started with an Independent. I would agree that the Spirits likely did start with an Independent, partially because Galladon's ability to learn the identity of two players from a target player's gang seems overpowered if the Spirits started with the player lists of two different gangs. Even with randomness and repetition, having Galladon start in the Wildmen or the Barons would let the Spirits learn everyone's gang membership quite quickly.

Wait, did Coop claim to be an independent? 

27 minutes ago, MetaTerminal said:

So it appears I missed some things.

Before I make any votes, why have people decided on Elandera as the target? Is it just a gut read on Itiah’s part?

Less a gut read, and more a process of Elimination - Karata was converted, and Elan is the only possible Karata.

3 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I also agree with you all, that it sounds like I'm backtracking. And that's because I am. But I'm still not an eliminator and killing me would just make it quicker for the elims to win the game. 

CadCom. I don't believe you, and I don't see a better candidate (well, besides Elandara, who's being lynched.)

I give an 80% chance to there being a fourth Eliminator beyond Shqueeves, CadCom, and Elandara, since they might have wanted to save their conversions for later. I doubt there's a fifth (meaning, four alive now) - if there is, though, we've lost already.

Hmmm... I'm good with revealing all the factions and Independents at this point (both as they were last cycle and as they are now), mainly because I suspect that the Village would gain more from that info at this point in the game compared with the Spirits.

Quickly, going over the Independents:

Fifth - Absolute Trust, at least for this cycle.
Devotary - Moderate Trust, I'm getting a good gut read from Devotary.
Bard - Hi.
Drought - Neutral - if Maill reads Drought as suspicious, then I trust Maill's reads to a certain extent, but I personally don't see it.
Coop - Neutral - On the one hand, Coop's posts Cycle 1 felt to... unfiltered to be from an Eliminator, if that makes sense - I think an Eliminator would be looking over their posts more. But they could have been converted since, so I don't know.

Rena tried her best to ignore the hunger, which felt like it was eating away at her insides. There was something more important to be doing. Yes, more important than even food.

The children.

Rena was not her only name. Most knew her as Karata, the one who cared for the children. All she did was to help the children. Hunger gnawed at her constantly, but she knew it was worse for her children. She knew not all of them would understand why everything always hurt. She wanted to help them.

Despite what everyone thought, despite their urging, Karata felt Lord Spirit might have a way out. A way to be free of their pains for once. She thought he might be able to help the children. So she followed him. Though he died, he’d shown her a new way of life that she intended to follow, even if it meant her own life would end soon. Everything she did was for them

She did it for the children.

14 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

I feel very bad, Elandera, and you are free to say “I told you so” once the game is over, or even now if you want to.

Fifth, I blame you! :P I was going to attempt to talk my way out of this, but not being placed in a doc made that a whole lot more problematic. So, I admit it. I am Karata.

3 hours ago, Elandera said:

Rena tried her best to ignore the hunger, which felt like it was eating away at her insides. There was something more important to be doing. Yes, more important than even food.

The children.

Rena was not her only name. Most knew her as Karata, the one who cared for the children. All she did was to help the children. Hunger gnawed at her constantly, but she knew it was worse for her children. She knew not all of them would understand why everything always hurt. She wanted to help them.

Despite what everyone thought, despite their urging, Karata felt Lord Spirit might have a way out. A way to be free of their pains for once. She thought he might be able to help the children. So she followed him. Though he died, he’d shown her a new way of life that she intended to follow, even if it meant her own life would end soon. Everything she did was for them

She did it for the children.

Fifth, I blame you! :P I was going to attempt to talk my way out of this, but not being placed in a doc made that a whole lot more problematic. So, I admit it. I am Karata.

GET HER!!!!!!

oh also I know for a fact Coop is not an independent. He and I are both members of the Baron gang, and now I’m suspicious of Coop. 

Edited by Steeldancer

We got a confirmed Karata - I can’t think of another reason why they’d claim. (Elandera). Now, that begs the question: who is the final Spirit (or Spirits)?

To clear things up, I’m an Independent, although I haven’t taken any actions unfortunately - mostly due to inactivity. 

Right now, I’m swinging between CadCom and a converted Coop, since I saw a significant change in behavior between C1 and C2. Analysis and mechanical discussions gave way to RP and other non-Spirit hunting stuff.

This is an end-of-turn post, and I know that looks sketchy, but I'm not trying to shift the vote just trying to get this out there: Crimsn-wolf. I have confirmation that they were the one that attacked me at least the first time, and they haven't been too active this game. That said, Elandera of course. That's all for now, see y'all tomorrow

Indomitable

Hrathen received the message today, his Seon had lit up inside the monastery whilst he had been conversing with the fool Dilaf, almost jeopardising his entire plan. Not that the message helped the plan; Wyrn clearly had no faith in him. No matter, Hrathen was sure that the heretics would be converted by the end of the week.

“My lord, are you free” the wretched man’s voice came from outside Hrathen’s door.

“What are you in need of Dilaf?”

“Your time, my lord, may I enter”

“Of course”

The door creaked open and the short man walked into the room. “You’re not getting anywhere are you Hrathen, have you reconsidered my plan?”

All pretense dropped Hrathen smirked, “Of course, you and our lord may not have faith in the people of Arelon, but we do not need a repeat of Duladel. There must be some infrastructure and people left to follow Jaddeth”

“Jaddeth rewards dominion, you know this”

“Jaddeth needs people to reward, without full assimilation we are not saviours but base tyrants”

Dilaf gritted his teeth and glared at Hrathen

“You will not change will you my lord?”

“No. I will not”

“So be it”

Telrii’s face glowed as he walked into Iadon’s throne room, things had been coming along quite nicely and now he only needed to consolidate his heirship from Iadon.

“Greetings my lord! How do you fare?”

“Ah Telrii, finally, a little relief from the usual drudgery that plague our halls”

“Some drudge further than others I hear, is the girl bothering you my lord?”

“No no, she’s proven to be quite fruit-full good friend despite her...charm.”

Telrii faltered and cocked an eyebrow, “Is that so my lord?”

“Indeed! Oh my, what do you say to taking her hand in wedlock?”

“M-me? Marry her? So soon? Is that wise my lord”

“Yes yes, of course! Our connections with Teod grow firmer each day and proper marital connection would finalise it for the future my friend, consider it?”

“But...Atara? What of her”

“Oh dear, I forgot about her that would be A tarable decision in that case, perhaps Roial...perhaps that would work”.

“Of course, but may I bring something up about her my lord…”

Graccas rolled his shoulders and looked at the knives in his hands with a grin on his face. “These will be great souvenirs! I can’t wait to show everyone that I’ve finally gotten them out”, feeling better than ever, Graccas left his abode and took to the streets.

Well, that’s what he would have done had his door not been slammed open and a group of men hadn’t walked in. “Wait, who are you guys?” He inquired curiously, more people who wanted to kill him?

“My my child, you have proven quite difficult to kill indeed, spirit scum”

“Spirit? Nooooo I’m just an ambassador for Aanden...or was”

“Silence wretch”

“Yeesh, whatever you say man, just have fun with these knives”, and with his words Graccas attempted to throw his knives at them, with varying success. Varying in that one of them outrightly missed and the other was caught by one of his assailants.

“Wow, I’ve only seen Hoedini do that”

The man smirked and stabbed Graccas in his right shoulder. He gasped, “You were the one who tried to kill me before! I’m honoured, truly”. Another knife entered Graccas’ right shoulder, “And let me guess, yo-” He was silenced with a knife in his mouth. Unable to to move his jaw and say anything, his alarm was evident in his eyes as the speaker kicked him in the chest to the ground.

“Goodnight”

Graccas nearly fainted from the pain as a foot slammed into his face, pushing the dagger through his head and imbedding into the ground below him. The remaining people stabbed knives through his hands and feet, pinning them to the ground then left the scene, finally satisfied.

Graccas prayed to Domi through the intense pain, thanking Domi for giving him everything he had ever wanted.

Who knew I was this important

And so ended Graccas, in a Coop de foudre.

There resided in a small building Mii’s target, Mii had everything Mii needed to kill the man. Mii did not know why, but Mii knew it had to be done.

And so with snail slime and coins less than dozen, Mii prepared for a boxing.

As Mii’s target exited his abode, Mii pounced.

Like a tiger, Mii was ferocious. Like a puma, Mii was dominant. Like a lion, Mii was victorious.

Or so Mii thought as Mii found Mii with Mii’s slime shoved down his throat and two arms slamming Mii into the pavement.

Mii stared at Mii’s target, confident that whilst he was not dead, Mii had dealt him some serious harm. Slowly, Mii found it hard to breathe as the Slime entered Mii’s lungs and filled them. Mii gave a forlorn cough through the hands wrapped around Mii’s neck and stared sadly at Mii’s target.

Why did this always happen to Mii

“Do you have a sighting on mother?”

“Affirmative, pulling out recon team and preparing the hammer swing”

“Understood, do we have the hammer prepared”

“Almost, mother’s time will come”

The children were not happy. Pulling together all their resources and taking up old bets and promises, they had successfully integrated into Aanden and Shaor’s gangs.

And they wanted blood.

Successfully coordinating their new operation, the Children had located Karata and were preparing for her final blow.

“Everything is set, awaiting orders”

“Go”

They ran out, silent. One tackled Karata to the ground whilst another pulled a black bag over her head, wrapping their arms around her mouth to stifle her surprise.  One more brought the noose out and wrapped it around the bag and her neck, pulling it tight. 3 more secured her body, forcing her still as they carried her to the highest balcony situated at the Elantrian palace. Silently they trudged, traversing the streets and climbing flights of stairs. Only until they reached their destination did they release Karata and allow her to speak.

“Why?” She rasped, “Have I taught you nothing”

“You should never have abandoned and betrayed us mother”

“You fools...I did it for you, Spirit means the best for all of us...he gave me no choice”

“We would have died before we ever betrayed you”

Karata laughed, “And what is all this?”

“Retribution” they uttered, throwing her off the balcony and collectively holding the noose- ensuring she never reached the ground.

I did it for youuuu” Karata screamed as she fell, her voice fading into a sickening crack as her neck broke and the rope ran taut.

Grimly, the children tied the ends of it to the balcony posts, leaving Karata hanging.

As a message for the Spirits, they were coming for them.

Vote Count:

Spoiler

Elandera (12): Itiah, Steeldancer, Kidpen, Bard, cadmium, Devotary, Xinoehp, mailliw, Straw, Meta, Elephant, Coop

Fifth Scholar(1): Elandera

Jaddeth(1): Domi

Domi(1): Jaddeth

Elandera was lynched! She was Karata of the Spirits

Coop was killed! He was an Independent/Baron ambassador!

Meta Terminal was attacked but Survived!

Mailliw was killed in Action! He was a Wildman!

The cycle ends in

bla_1538463599.png

Player List:

Astrea (Crimsn Wolf)

Mist (Fifth Scholar)

Ynoga (xinoehp512)

Daan (Kidpen)

Ashertma (Devotary of Spontaneity)

Squid of Sensationalism (Steeldancer)

Agri Kai (Walin)

Spork (Cadmium Compounder)

Itiah X (I think I am here)

Diir (Alvron)

Straw (Straw (Straw (Straw)))

Soul (Droughtdrinker)

Flavio (TheMightyLopen)

Kielan (MetaTerminal)

Sheol (ElephantEarwax)

Kaido (Young Bard)

Rat (Sart) Child (I said I was Busy)

Venele (Brightness Radiant) Baron Aanden (Fly you fools)

A Shqueev (Multiple Shqueeves) Raoden

Mii (Mailliw73) Wildman

SIGN ME UP (Coop772) Independent / Baron (What the heck Maill)

Rena (Elandera) Karata of the Spirits (Did it for the Children)

5 Turns remaining until the Invasion

Edited by Domi in the Dark