Mid-Range Game 31: Spiritual Warfare

A Joe in the Bush

Ashertma hobbled along the empty streets of Elantris. Few came to these alleyways at this time of day, but that was all right. She was never truly alone so long as she had the Voice for company. Today, it hadn't even asked her to dance. She had instead been tasked to forage for food, a command she was only too happy to comply with. If only Elantris supplied material fit for human consumption. After a delicious meal of slime mixed with a copious amount of dirt and pebbles, she felt no less hungry than before. Perhaps she could find something to distract herself from the hunger, preferably something that wouldn't cause her more pain when the Voice decided to leave her. Ashertma began to walk towards the center of the city. The Voice was an excellent companion, but having another Elantrian to talk with probably wouldn't hurt.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:34 PM, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Devotary of Spontaneity; Hasn't really given much useful information and, like Kidpen, doesn't really offer a reason for also voting on Shqueeves.

The main reason for voting Shqueeves, namely that it would be suicide for Fifth or Dashe to lie about a scan result, had already been brought up by Fifth and BR. For not providing much useful information, this is likely true. I should be able to contribute something next cycle.

6 minutes ago, Jaddeth in the Bush said:

You can spend your time waiting Praising Jaddeth.

Go back to sleep

Domi did not like it when Jaddeth muscled in on his territory.

Jaddeth knows that his prophecy means that he will rule one day.

Domi gets annoyed because he just wants to enjoy the time that he has.

Thread is now closed

Edited by Domi in the Dark

RanDOMIsation

“You know, it is customary for widows to engage in some form of community work around here” Queen Eshen piped up, “Maybe that will help you keep your mind off my late son, doing things for others helps me forget sometimes”. Sarene snorted internally, as if anything the queen did helped anyone, she meant well but she was a bit scatterbrained and often posed as an obstacle herself. “Great...and what exactly do you suppose I should do to keep myself occupied?”

“Well, typically women would do some act of charity towards for the poor or needy of Kae, some have even sewn clothes for the homeless and established bathhouses for residential citizens. Perhaps you could do something like that?”

“I’ll think about it, thanks”

Iadon sighed in frustration. Things were not looking good, the gyorn had come once again to pester him about converting to Shu-Dereth, money was beginning to run dry and Telrii  was pushing more and more each day to take over. Then there was the matter of the girl, constantly eavesdropping and interrupting his business, it was too bad he needed the alliance with Teod. He rubbed his forehead and looked around his throne room, empty for the first time in 4 days.

A knock came from the double doors at the end of the hall. He cursed quietly…”Enter”.

Sarene’s head poked out of the door, Speak of Domi… “What do you want child”.

“Your permission my lord, in exchange for a fruitful little deal with Teod…”

Raoden sat inside the room, staring at the luminescent pool, its gleaming white surface shining still, beckoning him closer. He could feel some force within him trying to free itself and with shaking hands he drew Aon Rao...Spirit, Essence. It was the first time he had been truly alone in a while, having been busy planning and scheming for the unification of Elantris and the unlocking of the Aons. Raoden sighed quietly as the Aon dissipated in front of him, leaving only disappointment behind. He was close, he could feel it and the pool must have been some sort of key to his puzzle...if only he had the time to figure it out. With a heaving groan he got up and stretched. He walked over to the pool, intending to inspect it another time, he’d contemplated stepping into it but had decided it was too risky, who knew what the white stuff was. He leaned over the water, his reflection hard to see through the glowing light.

His heart would have skipped a beat that instance had it been beating regularly; a figure stood behind him in his reflection. “Wh-” slam Raoden couldn’t finish his sentence as the figure grabbed his head and thrust him into the water.

He struggled as his world turned upside down, only his head and shoulders were submerged in it, Huh, so its shallow a dazed voice inside his head spoke. All thoughts disappeared however, as the liquid filled his mouth, nose and burned his eyes.

Hello child, a strange voice spoke.

He felt himself thrust deeper into the pool, his back partly submerged now and his ears popped, almost as if the pool weren’t shallow but deep in the ocean. His senses became overcome as he started gurgling, the liquid forcing itself through his body. Peace child, come with me, the voice spoke again.

Yet Raoden could not respond, his body suddenly remembered that it needed to breathe and he became overcome with fear, his arms flailing uselessly by his side. A sharp pain shot up his arms as another figure crushed his hands under their feet, pinning his arms down behind him. Raoden tried to scream as he felt pain shoot up his back. The sound of tearing flesh and breaking bone echoed in the room as his body became the subject of a sword as another figure started sawing into his waist.

Yet Raoden heard nothing of it, overcome with pain, confusion and fear. He could barely register the voice as it began incessantly calling to him. With each call he could feel his spirit detach from his surroundings, leaving him slipping in and out of numbness and intense pain. He barely registered the blood splattering against his torso and spurting from his abdomen as the sawing continued. Thunk, thunk, thunk, the back of his head exploded in pain as blow upon blow rained upon him from the figure holding the same head down.

Yet Roaden soon felt nothing as he blacked out from the pain, felt nothing as his torso slapped against the bloodsoaked floor and his legs were pulled away from him. His unconscious state could not resist the calls any longer and soon he began being consumed by the Pool. The blows stopped as the figures realised his head was disappearing. They kicked the remaining body he had into the pool where it continued being absorbed by the liquid. Startled by the transformation and soaked in the blood of their victim, the figures left Raoden’s legs in the corner of the room, strewn among sodden floor. With hushed voices and sick faces the figures hastily exited, noting the abnormal pool.

It was when Graccas stood conversing with the enigmatic Aanden that he felt his other shoulder explode in pain. He nearly cried in joy as he noticed that there was a knife sticking out of the pained shoulder. His other only ached deeply now, it was annoying but he enjoyed it in all honesty. Now he had another wound to add to his collection, just more proof that people wanted to kill him, he loved the attention.

“Uhh, you seem to have a knife sticking out of your other shoulder now child”

“Yep! I’ve noticed, isn’t it cool? Isn’t bleeding as badly as the last one. Remember that one? I can tell you about it again if you want. Though I don’t have much time, I am a wanted man afterall, very busy being hunted and killed”

“Remembrance is needless, I can quite clearly see the knife sticking out of your other shoulder child, are you sure it doesn’t hurt anymore?”

“Quite sure, quite sure”

Only things weren’t that sure, and the hurting had only just begun. Graccas was tackled aside suddenly as a figure sprung out of a door.

That was when the building fell on them.
Almost, Graccass found himself unscathed mostly as the building fell only partially over his bottom half, hitting the stranger mostly. He blinked slowly and looked at the stranger in the eye.

“You okay there? Huh no, you seem to be unconscious. Well then I might as well just-” he slowly scooted out from underneath the stranger “- remove myself from being under this building”. His heart skipped a beat as he attempted to get up, leaving him squatting awkwardly for a full 10 seconds as he ‘suddenly’ remembered Aanden.

“Ack! Where is he?” He exclaimed, jumping to his feet and waving the rolling dust away from his nose. “Aahhh Aanden! Are you okay?” He screamed as he saw his friend face down on the floor. Only when he got closer did he notice the knife in Aanden’s back, and the pool of blood seeping out from under him. “Oh my god, you must be more important than me to get a knife in the back, I’ve only gotten one in each shoulder”.

He approached the body nervously as Aanden did not respond, typically Elantrians would stay conscious even when under the most extreme trauma, yet Aanden had not said a single word, not even a hoed mantra. Graccas stepped over the blood and slowly lifted Aanden’s head, gasping as he saw that Aanden’s neck had been eviscerated, his eyes stared intently into Graccas’ own eyes, full of pain and anguish.

“Oh my god, you’re Hoed, who did this? Aanden what do they plan on doing??” Graccas could almost swear that Aanden’s eyes rolled at his last words.

Mii can see that there be dead body inside room. Mii very excited, room contain gleaming white pool and pair of legs. Legs belong to Spirit Mii is certain. Mii shall finish exploring and go tell the others of Mii’s great discovery! Spirit was dead! Strange pool be found!

“Oh shut up you imbecile, we all know this information. We are the ones that killed Spirit and found him with the Pool, not you”.

Mii’s head hung low, Mii was sad because Mii thought that exploring would lead to something important and when it did it turned out to be pointless.

“What’s that? Karata has disappeared?”

Mii’s head shot up, “Mii could explore and find her?”

They looked at Mii and decided to ignore them, “You sure?”

“So she left a note?”

“Right, right, so she was with Spirit?”

“Right...and what of the Children?”

“Ah, well here they come now, we should thoroughly ensure their allegiance before we decide to do anything with them…”

“Stupid byach, should have expected nothing more from her, I saw the way she looked at Spirit’s eyes”

They smirked, “Well I guess she can’t do that now at least”

Event Initiated// Devotion’s Perpendicularity Unlocked

Devotion’s Perpendicularity

Players may announce to their faction docs that they desire to be taken to the pool upon the instance of their death. In doing so Players must prepare a 100 word message to reveal upon their death. After they die, faction-members must take it upon themselves to send in an order and take the fallen elantrian to the pool, which in doing so reveals the 100 message into the relevant faction doc.

Brightness Radiant has been killed by the Wildmen! She was Baron Aanden!.

Coop was attacked but Survived!

Shqueeves was Lynched! Shqueeves was Raoden!

Karata has been converted! Karata’s Children have dissolved!

Vote tally

Spoiler

Shqueeves (11): Kidpen, Fifth Scholar, Think I am here, BR, Devotary, Maillw, Elephant, Lopen, Straw, Cadmium, Steeldancer, Bard

Straw: Coop

CadComr: Meta, Crimsn

The Turn ends in

bla_1538290799.png

Player List

Spoiler

Astrea (Crimsn Wolf)

Mist (Fifth Scholar)

Ynoga (xinoehp512)

Daan (Kidpen)

Ashertma (Devotary of Spontaneity)

Rena (Elandera)

Squid of Sensationalism (Steeldancer)

Agri Kai (Walin)

Spork (Cadmium Compounder)

Mii (Mailliw73)

Itiah X (I think I am here)

Diir (Alvron)

Straw (Straw (Straw (Straw)))

Soul (Droughtdrinker)

Flavio (TheMightyLopen)

Kielan (MetaTerminal)

Sheol (ElephantEarwax)

SIGN ME UP (Coop772)

Kaido (Young Bard)

Rat (Sart) Child (I said I was Busy)

Venele (Brightness Radiant) Baron Aanden

A Shqueev (Multiple Shqueeves) Raoden

8 cycles remain until the Invasion Begins

Edited by Domi in the Dark

Hmm. So instead of a 5 word mantra, we can now choose to have a 100 word mantra. Interesting, but only if our teammates want to hear it. Or do we still get the 5 word mantra, and the 100 word mantra is just a bonus that people might get to hear if our team decides to cooperate.

Anyway, I'm going to start my voting with Fifth Scholar. I'll explain my reasoning after people have asked me some questions. Because I assume that questions will be asked.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

As a fellow Child of Karata, I can say I’m pretty sure Elandera is Karata, due to process of elimination. It’s also possible Fifth is Karata, but I’m leaning more towards Elandera since Fifth’s already an Independent.

I would say to have my fellow Children back me up in these claims, but it’s only us three, so Fifth would back me up in accusing Elandera and Elandera would back me up in accusing Fifth.

I’m not Karata, as evidenced by me being moved to another non-spirit doc (the people in the doc can back me up) so it’s between Fifth and Elandera (again, leaning Elandera).

Edit: So yeah, Elandera

Edited by I think I am here.

I am going to hold off on voting for now, but I think both Elandera and Fifth should be targeted. Fifth obviously has a lot of useful information, shown by the Shqueeves lynch, so it would be within reason to think that the Spirits converted them by now.

On the other hand, I agree that Elandera is most likely to be the newly converted Karata. So I think one should be targeted by the vote, and the other should be the target of the Wildmen.

I have been inactive for about three turns now, despite a PM that I responded towards with a confirmation of me ending up doing something.

I won't make any promises this time, but I think that by the end of the day today I should be able to get some analysis and RP done--just not now, and not until I read through all the cycles.

My vote is going to be on Fifth. I was under the impression with the docs that he was Karata or Dashe. By Itiah's admission, it seems that is narrowed down to Karata.

After his reveals yesterday, he would have been a good conversion target, since he apparently gained the trust of several different people with important roles.

Oh dear. Two out of three leaders converted or killed in one night - I find it very likely this will be either the last or the second last cycle in the game, especially if they know who Shaor is, in which case, it's impossible for the village to win (more on this later).

1 hour ago, I think I am here. said:

As a fellow Child of Karata, I can say I’m pretty sure Elandera is Karata, due to process of elimination. It’s also possible Fifth is Karata, but I’m leaning more towards Elandera since Fifth’s already an Independent.

I would say to have my fellow Children back me up in these claims, but it’s only us three, so Fifth would back me up in accusing Elandera and Elandera would back me up in accusing Fifth.

I’m not Karata, as evidenced by me being moved to another non-spirit doc (the people in the doc can back me up) so it’s between Fifth and Elandera (again, leaning Elandera).

Edit: So yeah, Elandera

Elandara. (One quick note: as I understand the rules, Karata would also have been moved to a non-spirit doc, but that reads like a genuine mistake, not an attempt at manipulation.) I spied on a PM last night (yes, this is me claiming Independent) which had [Fifth - I'm 90% sure, unless Maill is even more trollish then I remember him] claiming to Maill that Elan is Karata - they should both be able to confirm this conversation when they both get online. Also, process of elimination says you're Dashe, Itiah - what were your scan results? (Normally, I wouldn't reveal your role like that, but I don't think it matters right now, and if you claim here in the thread - and if you say you are Dashe and no-one counterclaims that, it lends a lot more validity to your statement and does actually rule you out as a potential Karata.)

3 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Hmm. So instead of a 5 word mantra, we can now choose to have a 100 word mantra. Interesting, but only if our teammates want to hear it. Or do we still get the 5 word mantra, and the 100 word mantra is just a bonus that people might get to hear if our team decides to cooperate.

Anyway, I'm going to start my voting with Fifth Scholar. I'll explain my reasoning after people have asked me some questions. Because I assume that questions will be asked.

11 minutes ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

I am going to hold off on voting for now, but I think both Elandera and Fifth should be targeted. Fifth obviously has a lot of useful information, shown by the Shqueeves lynch, so it would be within reason to think that the Spirits converted them by now.

On the other hand, I agree that Elandera is most likely to be the newly converted Karata. So I think one should be targeted by the vote, and the other should be the target of the Wildmen.

First off, to dispel this rumour, Fifth revealed Shqueeves last cycle, so there's been one turn to convert him. Except, we know that they converted Karata last cycle, so unless Fifth is Karata (for reasons I've already stated, that's unlikely), Fifth could not have been converted last cycle, and is one of the few players we can trust absolutely this cycle.

Now, Crimsn and CadCom's posts strongly read to me like Eliminators who know they're a cycle from winning, so are barely trying to hide it. Which, if they know who Shaor is, the village can not win. Actually, it's possible to put it up to a 50/50 coin toss/IKYK mania, depending on whether the Spirits target Shaor or the Bodyguard this cycle (leading to Shaor being unprotectable next cycle), and whether the Bodyguard correctly guesses who will be targeted, and even then, we would need to have no mislynches, and have the Wildmen attack the correct target over two different cycles, and have Aanden's gang heal Shaor in case the Spirits attack him and the Bodyguard is protecting themselves. So, basically, if they know who Shaor is, we've lost. Assuming I'm right, well played to CadCom and Crimsn.

16 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Now, Crimsn and CadCom's posts strongly read to me like Eliminators who know they're a cycle from winning, so are barely trying to hide it. Which, if they know who Shaor is, the village can not win. Actually, it's possible to put it up to a 50/50 coin toss/IKYK mania, depending on whether the Spirits target Shaor or the Bodyguard this cycle (leading to Shaor being unprotectable next cycle), and whether the Bodyguard correctly guesses who will be targeted, and even then, we would need to have no mislynches, and have the Wildmen attack the correct target over two different cycles, and have Aanden's gang heal Shaor in case the Spirits attack him and the Bodyguard is protecting themselves. So, basically, if they know who Shaor is, we've lost. Assuming I'm right, well played to CadCom and Crimsn.

Wait, what? I'll admit, I forgot that Fifth couldn't have been converted last cycle, since Karata was. But, he is a prime conversation this cycle--or they could throw a curve and not convert him since it is the obvious thing to do. Also, Karata was not added to another doc, as confirmed by @Jaddeth in the Bush in the faction doc I am apart of. Another thing to note that is in the rules, it doesn't matter who the Bodyguard decides to protect, because that protection is automatically rerouted to Shaor should he/she be attacked. Additionally, I have been saying I've been suspicious of CadCom since I posted last cycle. :P 

33 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Oh dear. Two out of three leaders converted or killed in one night - I find it very likely this will be either the last or the second last cycle in the game, especially if they know who Shaor is, in which case, it's impossible for the village to win (more on this later).

Elandara. (One quick note: as I understand the rules, Karata would also have been moved to a non-spirit doc, but that reads like a genuine mistake, not an attempt at manipulation.) I spied on a PM last night (yes, this is me claiming Independent) which had [Fifth - I'm 90% sure, unless Maill is even more trollish then I remember him] claiming to Maill that Elan is Karata - they should both be able to confirm this conversation when they both get online. Also, process of elimination says you're Dashe, Itiah - what were your scan results? (Normally, I wouldn't reveal your role like that, but I don't think it matters right now, and if you claim here in the thread - and if you say you are Dashe and no-one counterclaims that, it lends a lot more validity to your statement and does actually rule you out as a potential Karata.)

First off, to dispel this rumour, Fifth revealed Shqueeves last cycle, so there's been one turn to convert him. Except, we know that they converted Karata last cycle, so unless Fifth is Karata (for reasons I've already stated, that's unlikely), Fifth could not have been converted last cycle, and is one of the few players we can trust absolutely this cycle.

Being completely honest, After putting my vote in the thread, I brought this issue up in my doc, and, before anyone responded, I went through the thread again, and explained my thoughts more, including how I thought that Fifth Scholar was the wrong choice, and Elandera was a better one. But I haven't changed it in thread. If anyone in my doc wants to vouch for me, then that'd be cool, but if not, I understand. But yeah, I realize the error of my ways, and hope this doesn't cause you all to try to kill me in a critical moment when we should be killing spirits.

16 minutes ago, Crimsn-Wolf said:

Wait, what? I'll admit, I forgot that Fifth couldn't have been converted last cycle, since Karata was. But, he is a prime conversation this cycle--or they could throw a curve and not convert him since it is the obvious thing to do. Also, Karata was not added to another doc, as confirmed by @Jaddeth in the Bush in the faction doc I am apart of. Another thing to note that is in the rules, it doesn't matter who the Bodyguard decides to protect, because that protection is automatically rerouted to Shaor should he/she be attacked. Additionally, I have been saying I've been suspicious of CadCom since I posted last cycle. :P 

...Huh. OK, that's interesting.

Re: The bodyguard, it doesn't seem like the redirection applies to conversion, so that's still a 50/50 toss-up just for that, and highly unlikely overall. But it's 

In regards to how suspicious I am of you... I don't know what to think, though if it were a choice between you and CadCom, I'm more suspicious of CadCom. But I'll have another look at this again when I have fresh eyes and it isn't 4 in the morning.

1 minute ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Being completely honest, After putting my vote in the thread, I brought this issue up in my doc, and, before anyone responded, I went through the thread again, and explained my thoughts more, including how I thought that Fifth Scholar was the wrong choice, and Elandera was a better one. But I haven't changed it in thread. If anyone in my doc wants to vouch for me, then that'd be cool, but if not, I understand. But yeah, I realize the error of my ways, and hope this doesn't cause you all to try to kill me in a critical moment when we should be killing spirits.

I have to be honest, that definitely feels like a backtrack - to people in CadCom's doc I'd be curious to hear exactly when CadCom changed their mind - before or after I accused them in thread.

I'm off to bed. Night, everyone.

4 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

...Huh. OK, that's interesting.

Re: The bodyguard, it doesn't seem like the redirection applies to conversion, so that's still a 50/50 toss-up just for that, and highly unlikely overall. But it's 

In regards to how suspicious I am of you... I don't know what to think, though if it were a choice between you and CadCom, I'm more suspicious of CadCom. But I'll have another look at this again when I have fresh eyes and it isn't 4 in the morning.

I don't know if it applies to conversations or not--I doubt it. It also doesn't apply to lynches, I'm fairly certain? Could be wrong on that though, would have to consult @Jaddeth in the Bush and @Domi in the Dark on that for clarification. 

30 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

If @I think I am here. is indeed Dashe, I don't believe that Fifth can be Karata. If Karata and Dashe were Fifth Scholar and Itiah, they should not have been able to deduce that Shqueeves rather than Elandera was the Spirit last cycle, even if Elandera had been the beneficiary of the Children's protective action both cycles. Had Dashe's scan turned up two traitors, I assume they would have said so in order to get the second Spirit killed by the Wildmen. The scenario suggested by Bard's PM spying, where Fifth was aware of Elandera being Karata prior to this cycle, means that Fifth would have been able to narrow down the suspects to Shqueeves last cycle. For this and the other reasons brought up, I will be voting Elandera.

Coop has apparently survived multiple attacks. All the Children have claimed, so we know that's not the reason he's still alive. Unless Bodyguard nullification counts as protection and the bodyguard somehow managed to survive the experience, the only two reasons that I can see for Coop's continued existence are 1. He's part of the Spirit's gang and 2. He's been healed by the Baron's faction action. Would any Barons/Independents in contact with a Baron like to attest to the second possibility?